Xpro1 + Nikon 50 F1.8D
  • BdoneganBdonegan
    Xpro1 with a Nifty-Fifty - Marriage made in heaven

Got my Kipon Nikon F to Xpro1 lens adapter today in the mail. Just stuck the 50mm 1.8 on this bad boy and had a bit of a play around the house.

The good:

Manual focus is as it should be with the lens ring tracking your every flinch. Feels a bit alien though after using the Xpro1's Focus by wire over the last couple of days. The focus Zoom assist is working wonders though.

The questions I have:

I reckon that I'll only be able to use non-gelded versions of Nikon's glass as I'd need manual aperture rings. I dont think theres a way to shoot with the G versions. Will wait for all your feedback on this one but my suggestion for all as of now is that if you dont have older D versions lying around this may not be a smart buy.

The Bad:

Can't think of anything yet. Will have to shoot some more to let you'll know.
    Brian Donegan Photography: http://bdonphoto.com
  • ChristopherChristopher
    That's a nice setup for portraits! You are correct about needing manual aperture control on adapted lenses, there's no way to control it on later electronic lenses.
    Fuji X Series Administrator · ChrisMarks.com · Space Cadet Photo Blog · Flickr
  • shootershooter
    Bdonegan,
    it will be nice to see the pics with the Nikon 50mm 1.8.
    Do you have any other Nikon lens that you will be trying with the X Pro 1?
  • mattmabermattmaber
    +1 on seeing some pics =D
     Mac · Blog · Flickr · g+ · Facebook · Twitter
    Fuji X100 & EF-X20 Flash · Leica M6, Nokton Classic 35mm f1.4 & SF20 Flash · Canonet 17 · Fuji X-Pro1, 18mm & 10-24mm · Canonet 28 · Yashica Minister III · Miranda MS-1 · BIllingham Hadley Small
  • cosinaphilecosinaphile
    this makes me drool

the x pro for legacy glass , a powerful proposition
    i shoot with the ricoh gxr and m mount module with adapted glass
    i shoot with the samsung ex1 and the ricoh gx 200
    i shoot with the ep1 and gf1 with adapted slr and rf glass
    i shoot with the x100 and the x10
  • donpdonp
    I have the same adapter with a Nikon 50mm F2.0 AI lens. Works great and awesome sharp.
  • copperbeecopperbee
    So, I should be able to use my Nikkor 105 AI micro as well as my 50 1.8D? How about my 85 1.4?
  • donpdonp
    Any Nikon lens with an Aperture ring will fit the standard Kipon adapter and will work in manual focus mode. Here is an adapter supposed to work with Nikon G lenses.
    http://tinyurl.com/6w9v2es
    :Don
  • rdelbarrdelbar
    All Nikon lenses (including some pre-AI models) with an aperture ring can be used with the Kipon F-to-FX adapter.

A Nikon G-type lens (including all DX lenses) will stay at its minimum (fully closed) aperture when mounted on the 'basic' Kipon adapter. Not very practical...

For the daring: it is possible to wedge a little something (cardboard, foam...) into the back mount of a G-lens to block the aperture control lever at its maximum (wide open) aperture position.

Kipon just started shipping a more elaborate version of their Nikon F adapter with an extra ring, allowing you to manually control the aperture. This should do the trick for G-lenses, still with full manual aperture setting (and old-style step-down metering) of course. See this link.

• shangrishangri
    Rayqual has also released a whole variety of adapters for the X-Pro1, though they are much more expensive than the Kipon. So this would be probably more interesting for photographers with lenses other than Nikon.
  • Hi Guys,

This website have a lot information about XP1 and Nikon Lenses.
    http://gambofoto.blogspot.com/?view=magazine
  • Nikon lenses (with the aperture rings) are really great with the X-Pro1. I got a cheap 50mm/1.8 Series E lens and it's gorgeous with the Fuji. You can see some pictures on my blog. Look for my X-Pro1 review.
  • I got chromatic aberrations: large green and purple color fringes with my Nikkor MF 4.5/300, some green fringes with the Nikkor 2.5/105. The 105mm lens is nevertheless wonderful. I also tried my old 1.8/50 lens, but prefer to use Fuji 60 mm lens.
    I also like to use my old 35-105 Zoom. It is so much better to have a mechanical focus
    Adjustment!

Hello Photographers!

Love your Fujifilm X-Pro1, X-E1, X-M1, X-A1, X100S, X100, X20, X10, X-S1, and XF1? We do too!

Join our community of fellow Fuji X Series photographers to learn more about your Fujifilm X Series digital camera, get great tips and give advice, show off your latest photographs, and share your experiences with these awesome cameras.

Photographers of all types and skill levels are welcome, sign in or create an account below to join in the discussions!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter