Disassembling an X-pro1
  • Man this hurts to watch;-)

• I cried! What the (!!!) is he doing? $1700 must not be very much money in some parts of the world. I guess it's fun to have lived vicariously through this event and now to be certain NEVER to try this at home! I'm still in shock...
  • PiTiLeZarDPiTiLeZarD
    What a lot of money can do to bored people ;-)
  • mattmabermattmaber
    ouch, not so much dissasembling as destroying
     Mac · Blog · Flickr · g+ · Facebook · Twitter
    Fuji X100 & EF-X20 Flash · Leica M6, Nokton Classic 35mm f1.4 & SF20 Flash · Canonet 17 · Fuji X-Pro1, 18mm & 10-24mm · Canonet 28 · Yashica Minister III · Miranda MS-1 · BIllingham Hadley Small
  • fartsyfartsy
    Oh wow. I was always wondering whether there was any empty space inside XPro just to get it to be the same-ish size as Leica. And it looks like nope! It's filled with parts and electronics to the brim

Google translate says this about "why" they were doing it :)

"To implement our tests MTF, we need grafts lens board and the electronic contacts present on cameras where the optics to be tested are intended ...
    for obtaining it becomes necessary to remove cameras until it reaches the parts indispensable to us ...
    today we decided to test MTF optical system for Fujifilm ...
    the sacrifice of a Fuji X-Pro1, Unfortunately, new and working, it has become necessary."

Whoa!
  • mattmabermattmaber
    MTF?
     Mac · Blog · Flickr · g+ · Facebook · Twitter
    Fuji X100 & EF-X20 Flash · Leica M6, Nokton Classic 35mm f1.4 & SF20 Flash · Canonet 17 · Fuji X-Pro1, 18mm & 10-24mm · Canonet 28 · Yashica Minister III · Miranda MS-1 · BIllingham Hadley Small
  • LazarouINCLazarouINC
    I once did it with a Nikon FM2 I bought new, I thought it would be easy to do, how wrong was I.
  • FinePixCameraFinePixCamera
    Fujifilm Gear: F10, F20, F70EXR, XF1, X10, X100 (w/ Fujinon WCL-X100), S5 Pro, (w/Nikkor 24mm f/1.4, 35mm f/1.8, and 50mm f/1.2 lenses), Fujifilm GA645

And a freezer full of Fuji Neopan Acros and 400H film.

Clearly someone who hates Fujifilm and their products.

MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz, 8 gigs RAM
  • SergioSergio
    more like WTF
    Nikon D800 - X100 - Nikon D7000
    14 - 24 f2.8, 50 f1.4, 70-200 f2.8 VRII
  • and yet more reskinning WTF - http://youtu.be/wsonkm0kEQ4

Hello Photographers!

Love your Fujifilm X-Pro1, X-E1, X-M1, X-A1, X100S, X100, X20, X10, X-S1, and XF1? We do too!

Join our community of fellow Fuji X Series photographers to learn more about your Fujifilm X Series digital camera, get great tips and give advice, show off your latest photographs, and share your experiences with these awesome cameras.

Photographers of all types and skill levels are welcome, sign in or create an account below to join in the discussions!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter