What's this Nikon P7700, looks alot like a X10
  • SWDanSWDan
    Is it just me or does the P7700 look like a X10. Looks like Nikon wants in the retro game.Your text to link...
    X10, X-E1 and X-Pro1
  • FrisoVFrisoV
    It does look a bit like the X10, but doesn't have the great looks. Also, it has a smaller sensor (1/1.7), has a slower lens (F4.0 at the long end) and no VF. Only zoom-wise (7.1x) it has the edge over the X10.. No real competitor IMO
  • Looks nothing like X10 unless all black camera look like X10.
    "I can only agree with your first sentence." Quote karlbown
  • gregvdsgregvds
    looks just like sh*t
  • DennisDennis
    Well they tried to get the looks of the X-series cameras (mostly the X10 of course), got close, but failed anyway. Just look at the huge "I'm a Nikon" logo on the front - this would not happen in the underplayed minimalist retro design of the X-series. Make the comparison here...

As for the camera, I am quite sure the feel and handling is quite different and lacking a viewfinder and manual/mechanical control of the zoom kind of settles it. Not really an enthusiast camera, I guess...
    Owner and user of a number of cameras...
  • VictorZVictorZ
    @Dennis

Wow, cool comparison site! Thanks for that link.

I agree that despite a (somewhat) superficial resemblance, without the OVF and manual zoom, the handling will be very different.
  • SergioSergio
    I bet money the Nikon isn't as quirky as the X10, focuses faster, and has less firmware/hardware glitches (orbs and such).

That being said.... small sensor and no VF makes me sad. I still dream for the day that Nikon releases a digital S2 with an FX or DX sized sensor.
    Nikon D800 - X100 - Nikon D7000
    14 - 24 f2.8, 50 f1.4, 70-200 f2.8 VRII
  • One of my favourite feature on the X10 is the manual zoom. button zoom just doesn't cut it for me.
  • SWDanSWDan
    I'm with you Sergio, a S2 digital could/would be cool.
    X10, X-E1 and X-Pro1
  • exaktaexakta
    No VF...what were they thinking? Fail...
  • mattmabermattmaber
    I thought It looked like the X10 to some degree
     Mac · Blog · Flickr · g+ · Facebook · Twitter
    Fuji X100 & EF-X20 Flash · Leica M6, Nokton Classic 35mm f1.4 & SF20 Flash · Canonet 17 · Fuji X-Pro1, 18mm & 10-24mm · Canonet 28 · Yashica Minister III · Miranda MS-1 · Yashica 124G · BIllingham Hadley Small & Large
  • francofranco
    Definate similarities to the X10, yup.
    Looks OK to me, F4 at (equiv) 200mm right? Not bad...
    I barely use the OVF on my X10 anymore, so thats not so much of an issue, but yeah - the sensor. Thats a no no.
    And I do love that EBC glass...I wonder if the Nikon can offer as good as that...

Interesting - expect more 'Fuji X-Lites' (or heavys, even) to appear over the next year...
    X Pro 1 + Fujinon 35/27/18/60/55-200 OIS ( +EF20)
    Samyang's 8mm
    Olympus Zuiko 50mm 1.4 / 100mm 2.8/ 300mm 4.5
    Tamron 90mm F2.5 macro (with 1:1 adapter)
    Manfrotto 360 LED midi.

Fujifilm X10. (old sensor)

• I find more evidence of Nikon copy Fuji

The S3 from 2000 is obvious a Fuji X10 copy! Nikon are cheat.
    "I can only agree with your first sentence." Quote karlbown
  • For God's sake, set a word filter on the word "fail*"! It's not a teenager forum.

The lack of OVF is not so dramatic. I use it when I have polarized Ray-Ban sunglasses (the X10 display turns black or near black), but it's still a toy VF. I can't compose and the sunshade gets too much into the way. The 85% coverage is poor for compositional purposes. The lack of focus feedback force me to either hope it nailed it or just leave the eye and look for the LED.
    I use the OVF in disposable-film-camera-alike mode. As fun as imprecise.

The lack of manual zoom for the Nikon one is however a real step back, that's for sure.
    Sensor size? Come one, is more or like telling which of the seven dwarves is the taller.
    The X10 is the smaller camera when I don't want to carry 2-3 Kg of DSLR in one hand and 7-12 Kg of stuff in the backpack.

What still keeps me from letting the Fuji win the competition is the standard bayer CFA of the P7700. That's the difference between very good JPG OOC and a full Lightroom support.
    I had to develop a radically different approach to let the X10 get into my standard (well polished) Lightroom workflow.

Add to that a longer battery life, articulated LCD, 3 personal settings on dial and hopefully better videos. I'm not a videographer, but I enjoy to use FCP every since and then. X10 videos are junk. It tends to overexpose (no exposure controls at all) and the autofocus doesn't work at all even with a good amount of light and slow subjects.

Let any any maker announce a similar camera with a standard sensor within days and I'll be happy to return my very good X10 to Amazon.
  • bitch,bitch,bitch- just throw it away then! UTENTEMAC - GET OFF!
  • That post was a bit rash.. say your peace, BUT I've never had a perfect digital camera. The X-10 does indeed have many quirks and even problems. I take it for what it is and WORK AROUND any of the limitations inherent in every digital camera. Perhaps should ask for the forum to develop a X-!0 bitch session section for the many unhappy user out there.
  • SergioSergio

I find more evidence of Nikon copy Fuji

The S3 from 2000 is obvious a Fuji X10 copy! Nikon are cheat.

Full Frame, 24mpx interchangeable sensors, and real manual focusing.... If you ask me nikon is way ahead of the game with this one.
  • bitch,bitch,bitch- just throw it away then! UTENTEMAC - GET OFF!

You clearly have issues. I'm trying to help people decide what to choose without making the same mistake again and again.
    I'm not asking for any section. I'm trying to be helpful and as objective as possible. You obviously are not.
  • Getting again on the topic. I really don't want to make it a Fuji vs Nikon war. Not my intention.
    I bought the X10 on first hand because of the nice bright lens, the amazing retro look and the very nice Fuji colors. For my DSLR I profiled the sensor and did all the tricks ever possible to better match my digital workflow. For a compact camera I also need it to be good on OOC JPGs.

Having said that, yes, I regret the purchase for a number of reasons which couldn't be found on reviews, or at least not so deeply taken into account.
    I really think about returning the X10 in a couple of days or so. My actual preferred competitors are this very Nikon and the Sony RX-100.
    No, I don't want to put Sony into any maker war either.

Photokina won't bring any X20 to the market, so I'm sad to leave Fuji for better, at least on lower end of the X serie. X100 and X-Pro1 are gorgeous cameras, but still not for my needs. Nothing to complain about Fuji per se.

Let's wait the end of the next month for the P7700 review.
  • I do have issues.. With forum users constantly moaning about the X-!0. It's old news.
    Moving on.. the issue has been discussed so many times! The camera is what it is make it work for you or just get rid of it already.. The post was about a similar looking camera. Not another bitch fest. OLD NEWS. IMO Speak your peace I was rash..
  • This is a thread about comparing P7700 and the X10.
    I discussed about it. Should we defend the Fuji model no matter what just because is a Fuji oriented forum? I really do not think so.
    Beside that, all your rude tone and the abnormous use of the "bitch" word is quite… umm… juvenile. Relax and just discuss peacefully.
  • SWDanSWDan
    Wow, I started this thread on seeing the Nikon P7700 and thought Nikon was getting the retro urge. I didn't think it would get down to a feature to feature comparison. Some of you folks must have way too much free time, just enjoy photography for what it is and all the neat toys/tools we have to use today. Just saying
    X10, X-E1 and X-Pro1
  • SWDan said:

I didn't think it would get down to a feature to feature comparison. Some of you folks must have way too much free time, just enjoy photography for what it is and all the neat toys/tools we have to use today. Just saying

It's much more than that and how much time do we invest in Photography shouldn't matter to you :)
    How would you feel after spending 500€ for a not-that-fine camera? To me, 500€ is a LOT.
    If you read carefully what I wrote (I speak for me), is much more about the usage and the features. I don't care nothing about the sensor size and not so much about other technical data. It's not my primary camera and every compact will always be a toy compared to my DSLR. I talk about months of usage and thousands of photos... you know... what we photographers do.

Some tools are better than others and none of these are cheap.
    If you just want to share photos Flickr and 500px are your friends, but I think that here (am I wrong?) we're open to technical discussions about Fuji cameras, both positive and negative.
    Don't you agree?
  • francofranco
    Sorry to drag this out - but if you look up this forum in Google, it does state that its for those who love their X-Series cameras...
    I accept there will always be trolls and bullies on here - its a faceless and cowardly medium well suited to that type of person - but yeah, I guess this forum is for fanboys like me. Its why I joined anyway.
    I guess there is not a big demand for a "FujiXseriessucksfatones.com" -odd that. No?
    Samyang's 8mm
    Manfrotto 360 LED midi.

• franco said:

Sorry to drag this out - but if you look up this forum in Google, it does state that its for those who love their X-Series cameras...
    I accept there will always be trolls and bullies on here - its a faceless and cowardly medium well suited to that type of person - but yeah, I guess this forum is for fanboys like me. Its why I joined anyway.
    I guess there is not a big demand for a "FujiXseriessucksfatones.com" -odd that. No?

Franco, this is a forum about Fuji X Serie cameras. Words like love/fanboy do not make appearance.
    Trolls/bullies? Uhm.. are those vulgar people which should a lot with childish offensive terms? Yeah... I've seen quite a few of them around here.

Beside that, I used to love my X10, on the first days/week. Than I started to use it more and found lots of "suboptimal features".
    If you can't discuss about what's wrong with a tool, seriously, what's the difference between this forum and that other huge-black-themed-one-where-everybody-shouts?

Beside registered fanboys (as for your acknowledgment), there are a lot of readers here. A polite warn is far better than a useless offensive post, IMHO.
  • francofranco
    I take your point. And the way you put it.
    But I AM a fanboy. And Im really not bothered about saying it.
    I was a huge admirer of the STX series, Velvia and Astia are my all time favourite films, I shot my first feature on Fuji glass - I'm a fan.
    I joined this forum to speak with people who like/love their X-Series cameras (and photography in general), view their images and pick up a few tips on how to get the best out of mine. I thought this would be the case for most people on here.
    I cant see the point of joining a forum for X-Series users, and then use it as a voice to tell people how crap their camera is, or laughingly put down someones opinion (especially if its positive).
    My X10 and X-Pro 1 are not without flaw. I'm fully aware of their quirks, and along with other users of this forum, I am working my way through them, many times with their help. As a result, my images are good (considering my limited skills), I enjoy my photography more than I ever have done, and therefore am more than satisfied with my investment.

I believe this is why this forum is here.
    Samyang's 8mm
    Manfrotto 360 LED midi.

• Franco,
    you really don't know what you're talking about. I already wrote that I used to love my X10 and even posted sensor analyses about dynamic range, and other settings related questions.
    I now just changed my mind and left my thoughts about it.
    I didn't join to speak about crap. Again, you really don't know what are you talking about.

I think we're done here. Never try to discuss with a fanboy. Mea culpa.
  • francofranco
    "Never try to discuss with a fanboy."

Ha ha! I'll hold you to that. :-)
    Samyang's 8mm
    Manfrotto 360 LED midi.

• md_ericmd_eric
    Im no fanboy but if you go to an forum that love their camera and you rain on their party with your unwanted wit and opinion especially with a member without a face in the profile. 90% of the people here are very much aware of the hiccups of X-series but still love them. I would still pick my X10 over this crap Nikon is giving us in the P&S camera.
  • Bitch, get off, trolls, bullies, crap, coward, fat, unwanted wit and so on… just because I said I'm not fond anymore of a compact camera, a toy?
    Seriously, you scare me. Fanboys may be bad, but cultists are worse.
    Guys, get a life. I'm too old to make a war out of nothing.
    I'm leaving for better. Bye.
  • FinePixCameraFinePixCamera
    utentemac said:

Bitch, get off, trolls, bullies, crap, coward, fat, unwanted wit and so on… just because I said I'm not fond anymore of a compact camera, a toy?
    Seriously, you scare me. Fanboys may be bad, but cultists are worse.
    Guys, get a life. I'm too old to make a war out of nothing.
    I'm leaving for better. Bye.

There are a number of terribly insecure X10 owners and they will pounce on ANYONE who dare say anything less than glowing about their precious camera. All of their sense of self worth is wrapped up in the X10 and they cannot allow this to be diminished in ANY WAY.

The X10 fan boy will dive to any depth to spew enormous hatred towards anyone who dare speak out against the X10. It is indeed a sad sight.

Fujifilm Gear: F10, F20, F70EXR, XF1, X10, X100 (w/ Fujinon WCL-X100), S5 Pro, (w/Nikkor 24mm f/1.4, 35mm f/1.8, and 50mm f/1.2 lenses), Fujifilm GA645

And a freezer full of Fuji Neopan Acros and 400H film.

Clearly someone who hates Fujifilm and their products.

MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz, 8 gigs RAM
  • francofranco
    @FinePixCamera

You know how hilarious you sound right now?
    Comments made in January - from your own wise hand - on a site you got banned from:

"Whoever coded in the +- 1 stop AE bracketing at Fuji should be chain whipped. Clearly some who knows nothing/ about photography. My old Canon XS from the early '90s could do 2 stops.

You can do HDR with the X10. It's just going to be a lot harder than it needed to be.

And therein lies the rub - a beautiful camera spoiled by lazy/negligent/non-existent QA/QC.

The miserable programming of Fuji's cameras is more of a product development problem, than a QA/QC. Sadly, the camera is acting entirely as Fujifilm intended it to.

If this prevents you from buying the the camera, then I'm happy that Fuji lured in one less sucker...

The ORBS are what prevented me from buying either an X10 or an XS-1. I am not used to spending $700 or $900 on a camera that is so clearly defective. Nor am I used to making excuses for such cameras."

I cant believe I am repeating myself...
    You bad-mouthed this camera (and these comments are just the tip of the iceberg by the way)
    FOR MONTHS - then bought one anyway.

So now, when anyone has the nerve to pull you to task about your over-agressive, negative musings on the X10 - you go completely batshit.

You're sounding ridiculous.

I hate the fact that I find myself defending the X10, when I come on here to learn, appreciate these cameras, and talk to the 95% of good people on here who wish to do likewise.

(By the way, I hear you dislike the X-Pro 1 too - does this mean you'll get one by years end - or are you waiting for an orb issue?)

And yes, I am an unabashed Fujifilm fan boy. But I only own 2 cameras. You own 7.

Samyang's 8mm
    Manfrotto 360 LED midi.

• SergioSergio
    its not that serious folks, keep it moving.
  • francofranco
    You're right Mate. You're right.
    Samyang's 8mm
    Manfrotto 360 LED midi.

Hello Photographers!

Love your Fujifilm X-Pro1, X-E1, X-M1, X-A1, X100S, X100, X20, X10, X-S1, and XF1? We do too!

Join our community of fellow Fuji X Series photographers to learn more about your Fujifilm X Series digital camera, get great tips and give advice, show off your latest photographs, and share your experiences with these awesome cameras.

Photographers of all types and skill levels are welcome, sign in or create an account below to join in the discussions!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter