XE1 Vs NEX-6 comparison. Interesting....
  • francofranco

Interesting for X-Pro owners too, as they share the same sensor.
    X Pro 1 + Fujinon 35/27/18/60/55-200 OIS ( +EF20)
    Samyang's 8mm
    Olympus Zuiko 50mm 1.4 / 100mm 2.8/ 300mm 4.5
    Tamron 90mm F2.5 macro (with 1:1 adapter)
    Manfrotto 360 LED midi.

Fujifilm X10. (old sensor)

• ChristopherChristopher
    It's great to see the direct comparison, I think they were pretty candid about it.

Focus Peaking would be a huge feature for Fujifilm to add to their firmware, I really hope they're considering it. The new 3x and 10x magnification modes have decent usability, but focus peaking is almost effortless by comparison.

I only shoot stills myself, but it would be nice for Fujifilm to offer more manual control over shooting video. It would open up the X System to so many more people, which is great for all of us collectively.

I'm optimistic that future firmware will bring more refinements, as always. The X-E1 and X-Pro1 are tough to beat on sharpness and dynamic range in the mirrorless world.
    Fuji X Series Administrator · ChrisMarks.com · Space Cadet Photo Blog · Flickr
  • francofranco
    Agreed on all points.
    I dont really care about video, I just want stills...and I'm a film maker by trade! Peaking would be great - and hopefully will appear soon.
    Its a good comparison. No real shocks, but a useful reference for those still on the fence.
    Samyang's 8mm
    Manfrotto 360 LED midi.

• mattmabermattmaber
    peaking isnt patented by Sony is it? Ive not used it but heard its somewhat tricky to use. Esp as youre not seeinmg the exact scene.
    Oh for digital emulated RF focusing. thatd be ace
     Mac · Blog · Flickr · g+ · Facebook · Twitter
    Fuji X100 & EF-X20 Flash · Leica M6, Nokton Classic 35mm f1.4 & SF20 Flash · Canonet 17 · Fuji X-Pro1, 18mm & 10-24mm · Canonet 28 · Yashica Minister III · Miranda MS-1 · BIllingham Hadley Small
  • mattmaber said:

peaking isnt patented by Sony is it? Ive not used it but heard its somewhat tricky to use. Esp as youre not seeinmg the exact scene.

Ricoh has focus peaking.

Fujifilm Gear: F10, F20, F70EXR, XF1, X10, X100 (w/ Fujinon WCL-X100), S5 Pro, (w/Nikkor 24mm f/1.4, 35mm f/1.8, and 50mm f/1.2 lenses), Fujifilm GA645

And a freezer full of Fuji Neopan Acros and 400H film.

Clearly someone who hates Fujifilm and their products.

MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz, 8 gigs RAM
  • francofranco
    I think the Samsung's do too...and the OMD? Seems like Fuji missed a beat here. Lets hope something can be done in firmware...
    Samyang's 8mm
    Manfrotto 360 LED midi.

• mattmabermattmaber
    Thats good then, im not sure Id like it till I got to try it. Ive just heard its an aquired taste.
    Fuji X100 & EF-X20 Flash · Leica M6, Nokton Classic 35mm f1.4 & SF20 Flash · Canonet 17 · Fuji X-Pro1, 18mm & 10-24mm · Canonet 28 · Yashica Minister III · Miranda MS-1 · BIllingham Hadley Small
  • mattmaber said:

+100 ;-) and I don't get why it's not there already, the RF wannabe style and all...

Anyway I'm happy that they don't take too much time bothering about video and have great stills!

• AndrewVAndrewV

mattmaber said:

+100 ;-) and I don't get why it's not there already, the RF wannabe style and all...

Anyway I'm happy that they don't take too much time bothering about video and have great stills!

+100,000 I think that'd be awesome. + How hard would it be to project that into the Hybrid VFs?
  • ManveruManveru
    Ahh, yes, Fuji people, more control for videos please! :)
  • mattmabermattmaber
    Im not sure the digitally emulated RF is technically possible, but if it is, I claim my 10% =D

Hello Photographers!

Love your Fujifilm X-Pro1, X-E1, X-M1, X-A1, X100S, X100, X20, X10, X-S1, and XF1? We do too!

Join our community of fellow Fuji X Series photographers to learn more about your Fujifilm X Series digital camera, get great tips and give advice, show off your latest photographs, and share your experiences with these awesome cameras.

Photographers of all types and skill levels are welcome, sign in or create an account below to join in the discussions!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter