Where to Purchase or Pre-Order Your Fujifilm X100S & X20
  • ChristopherChristopher
    The new Fujifilm X100S and Fuji X20 are now available for pre-order from the following online retailers. Keep an eye on this list, I will be updating it as more dealer options become available. Purchasing your camera through one of the links below helps support our community!

X100S Pre-Order

Fuji X100S Pre-order

X20 Pre-Order

Fuji X20 Silver Pre-order

Fuji X20 Black Pre-order

Fuji X Series Administrator · ChrisMarks.com · Space Cadet Photo Blog · Flickr
  • First UK preorder with ugly price 1099GBP (which is about 1700USD) http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-fuji-finepix-x100s-digital-camera/p1534872
    Fuji X100s, Panasonic GX1 (14mm, 20mm and 45mm), Canon 500D (Sigma 17-70)
  • veejayceeveejaycee
    That's typical of UK photographic trade pricing - we always get ripped off by the manufacturers.
    At the current exchange rate it should be only £810.
    Nikon D700/D300, 17-35mm, 24-70mm, 28-300mm, 50-500mm, 35, 50, 85, 135 and 180mm primes. Fuji XPro 1, Fujinon XF lenses - 35mm f1.4, 18-55mm f2.8-4 OIS, 55-200mm f3.5-f4.8 OIS.

http://www.perfectlycaptured.com/showgallery.php/ppuser/228/username/veejaycee
  • ChristopherChristopher
    More pre-order vendors have been added to the list in the US, along with WEX Photographic in the UK.
  • Since when is $599 the same as £599? This country sucks. One big pit of scammers.
  • £1099? I don't think so. I expected to see a price around about £900 at launch. That's getting on for the price of the XE-1 with the zoom from a UK high street store.
  • They can stick at those prices. May go back to canon.
  • ChristopherChristopher
    What did the X100 originally sell for in the UK? It was originally $1199 in the US.
  • mattmabermattmaber
    dont forget VAT in the UK, US prices rarely show their state tax. X100 was £1000 originally.
     Mac · Blog · Flickr · g+ · Facebook · Twitter
    Fuji X100 & EF-X20 Flash · Leica M6, Nokton Classic 35mm f1.4 & SF20 Flash · Canonet 17 · Canonet 28 · Yashica Minister III · Miranda MS-1 · BIllingham Hadley Small
  • BarrySBarryS
    Just returned my X10 which I truly loved and pre ordered the X20 on Amazon. Now, what do do with myself without a camera for a while??
  • ChristopherChristopher
    That will be a tough wait, but the new camera will be worth it! Maybe you can pick up an old film rangefinder inexpensively and explore B&W film photography for a bit?
  • pominpocketpominpocket
    Its so true UK price v dollar price.

Its not the real price if enough people complained they would be investigated. The scammers.

A rate of exchange is a rate of exchange.
    Fuji X100S
    Fuji XE1 35mm 1.4

• BarrySBarryS
    Funny that you suggest that, Christopher. I've been scanning eBay for a Canonet QL17 GIII. That was my first camera in high school. I don't know that I'd actually do it, but I think the X10/X20 is satisfying some sort of photographic mid-life crisis :)
  • I assume Jessops won't be joining the list at the top.
  • PagodaPagoda
    Hi all,

In Japan, X100S and X20 will be available on Feb 16. Price of X100s is JPY 128,000. X20 is JPY 64,800. You either can get 10% points or 5% sales tax refund for foreigner.

With today FOREX, X100s is $1,400 before discount.
  • mattmabermattmaber
    I have a Yashica Minister III it was £16 from ebay, Canonet 17s seem to be about 4x that price and its tough to find a decent one for a good price imho
    Fuji X100 & EF-X20 Flash · Leica M6, Nokton Classic 35mm f1.4 & SF20 Flash · Canonet 17 · Canonet 28 · Yashica Minister III · Miranda MS-1 · BIllingham Hadley Small
  • Pagoda said:

Hi all,

In Japan, X100S and X20 will be available on Feb 16. Price of X100s is JPY 128,000. X20 is JPY 64,800. You either can get 10% points or 5% sales tax refund for foreigner.

With today FOREX, X100s is $1,400 before discount.

@Pagoda If i order from Japan, will it have English menu as option?
  • That makes the x20 about £455. Still a lot!
  • I notice a note with regard to the price on Wex has been added.
  • brickst3rbrickst3r
    Just preordered the x100s. I have too many camera's now. I'm going to list my x10 for sale soon. It hasn't been used since i got the replacement from fuji. I have the x10, x100, xpro. and now another x100s. lol. Don't think i can let my original x100 go, so it'll be the x10.
  • PagodaPagoda
    @ryanVargas I am sure that it is possible to change language in the camera. My Japanese X-E1 could be changed without any problem. Though documents in the box will be in Japanese.
  • Pagoda said:

@ryanVargas I am sure that it is possible to change language in the camera. My Japanese X-E1 could be changed without any problem. Though documents in the box will be in Japanese.

@Pagoda Do you know where I can pre-order in Japan? I live in the Philippines.

• pominpocketpominpocket
    Scan the camera in your computer then get google to translate from Japanese.

Seriously , When you set up the camera surely there is a language option in all the models.

Fuji X100S
    Fuji XE1 35mm 1.4

• PagodaPagoda
    @ryanVargas Why don't you check the Amazon Japan website. Their price is JPY 115,200, which is approx. $1,300 + shipping. I don't know whether they will export to the Philippines. Try it.
  • mattmaber said:

dont forget VAT in the UK, US prices rarely show their state tax. X100 was £1000 originally.

You would have to be a complete and utter moron to pay sales tax in the US. Internet sales, with only minor exceptions, are TAX FREE.

I have no paid sales tax, NOT ONE DIME, on ANY photographic purchase since 1994 or so.

Amazon.com, Adorama, or B & H, all TAX FREE.
    Fujifilm Gear: F10, F20, F70EXR, XF1, X10, X100 (w/ Fujinon WCL-X100), S5 Pro, (w/Nikkor 24mm f/1.4, 35mm f/1.8, and 50mm f/1.2 lenses), Fujifilm GA645

And a freezer full of Fuji Neopan Acros and 400H film.

Clearly someone who hates Fujifilm and their products.

MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz, 8 gigs RAM
  • mattmabermattmaber
    @FinePixCamera well obviously im not an american or in the US, Im goign by what ive read or heard and Im aware that the price usually excludes the tax for the state.
    Obviously im just mentioning this in relation to people mistakenly simply converting US $ to UK £ and thinking its as simple as that.
    If you or anyone choose to evade US state taxes thats up to you, ive no idea what consequences there may or may not be if youre discovered as I dont know the US tax system.

cavaet empor.
  • mattmaber said:

@FinePixCamera well obviously im not an american or in the US, Im goign by what ive read or heard and Im aware that the price usually excludes the tax for the state.
    Obviously im just mentioning this in relation to people mistakenly simply converting US $ to UK £ and thinking its as simple as that.
    If you or anyone choose to evade US state taxes thats up to you, ive no idea what consequences there may or may not be if youre discovered as I dont know the US tax system.

cavaet empor.

No consequences. Perfectly legal.
    Fujifilm Gear: F10, F20, F70EXR, XF1, X10, X100 (w/ Fujinon WCL-X100), S5 Pro, (w/Nikkor 24mm f/1.4, 35mm f/1.8, and 50mm f/1.2 lenses), Fujifilm GA645

• mattmabermattmaber

No consequences. Perfectly legal.

good good
  • Not in all States. For example in the State of California, you'll have to file use tax (same amount as the sales tax) for articles purchased tax free in the internet.
  • mattmabermattmaber
    @hansinla I get the impression @FinePixCamera simply wouldnt mention it.

The point anyway is that the US is more complex than the UK so you cant simply covert the cover price to £ and expect that to be the end of the story.

We clear?
  • hansinla said:

Not in all States. For example in the State of California, you'll have to file use tax (same amount as the sales tax) for articles purchased tax free in the internet.

That's right, California recently changed this, causing Amazon.com to drop tens of thousands of stores from their web site, costing thousands of people their jobs. I think NY might also be moving in that direction.

• mattmaber said:

@hansinla I get the impression @FinePixCamera simply wouldnt mention it.

All this bitching and moaning about forum degradation, yet you STILL cannot help but toss in your cheap shots. And you wonder why I hold so much contempt for you. Really, it should be painfully obvious now.

• jacjac
    It seems some vinegar is being exchanged. or did I miss something? :-B
  • mattmabermattmaber

All this bitching and moaning about forum degradation, yet you STILL cannot help but toss in your cheap shots. And you wonder why I hold so much contempt for you. Really, it should be painfully obvious now.

Im going by what you said earlier:

You would have to be a complete and utter moron to pay sales tax in the US. Internet sales, with only minor exceptions, are TAX FREE.

I have no paid sales tax, NOT ONE DIME, on ANY photographic purchase since 1994 or so.

Amazon.com, Adorama, or B & H, all TAX FREE.

• Anyone know of Australian stores doing preorders?
    www.chaosboi.com
  • pominpocketpominpocket
    No they are normally a couple of months behind unless you get from grey market.
    Fuji X100S
    Fuji XE1 35mm 1.4

• Have always been a Nikon man, but seeing the X100s at CES had me drooling. Preordered from Adorama this afternoon!
  • pominpocketpominpocket
    Maybe Nikon is getting a bit worried .
    Fuji X100S
    Fuji XE1 35mm 1.4

• I would be. The dominance of the conventional DSLR is waning. Been a fashion photographer for years and now in historical imaging. Medium format digital has taken commercial a long time ago which pretty much relegates the dslr to event and sporting. For personal use they are just too clunky and too sterile IMHO. Very excited for the S!
  • pominpocketpominpocket
    Yes I was using the D7000 as a carry round camera in a low pro bag. Clunky and big for sure.

Then I got the X10 and used it far more. The fact you were a photographer in fashion and are now excited about the X100s says a lot.

Fuji X100S
    Fuji XE1 35mm 1.4

• I mean don't get me wrong. For situations that require a bit more precision and professionalism the S probably won't be my choice. What I like about it is its quirky, almost romantic take on on photography, which for me has been missing in a lot of digital photography (M9 being an exception, albeit a ridiculously expensive one). It reminds me a lot of the feeling I had messin' about with my old film cameras as a kid. To put it into shoe terms, it won't be my dress shoes or my runners, but I can see it being my reliable adidas sneakers that I kick around the city with. And for that, I'm excited.
  • pominpocketpominpocket
    I agree. I sell fine art prints and use my Nikon for this but I love the old world simple beauty of the X series and it certainly has put the fun back into photography for me.
    Fuji X100S
    Fuji XE1 35mm 1.4

• Anybody in cambodia interested in pre ordering this camera ?
  • pominpocketpominpocket
    Not me not yet. I am sticking with XE1 and x10 and might get the upgrade to the 100s or wait for price to drop.
    Fuji X100S
    Fuji XE1 35mm 1.4

• I agree. I sell fine art prints and use my Nikon for this but I love the old world simple beauty of the X series and it certainly has put the fun back into photography for me.

Why in the world would you need "fun" put back into your photography??? You live in one of THE most target rich areas in the world. Inexplicable. I love Fuji cameras and converted over to them 100% but not to put "fun" back into anything. I could easily shoot Canon or Nikon all day long and have just as much fun.

• pominpocketpominpocket
    Well I disagree with that and would have thought you felt the same as you chose your X100 over your other gear to take photos in the street which you posted on this site.

Yes it is one of the most target rich areas in the world but out on the streets it can be pretty gruelling . I have been robbed while driving a motor bike twice unfortunetely for the thief he cut him self on my bike and the police caught him by following the blood on the road.

So anyway while I have not been robbed of a camera yet it is a bit dicy. So being on edge is not fun for starters . Recently a tourist was relieved of a great deal of camera stuff on these Phnom Penh streets. So it is more fun to have a small less snatch worthy camera .

Every one has their own sense of fun. You can not say it is inexplicable for me to say that a small fixed lens camera is more fun for me than a big SLR. It is not even an original statement . How many other photographers have down scaled from SLR to X100 and say it has put the fun back into their photography?

It is fun for me to have a small retro camera on the streets and if I do not have a choice of lenses I have more fun in the back to basics of framing and composing and changing aperture on the lens .

It is fun to pretend I am HCB 2013.

As for fun in Cambodia yes incredible subject matter for sure.
    Fuji X100S
    Fuji XE1 35mm 1.4

• HCB makes me hurl.

• mattmabermattmaber
    i still have to wonder why FPC comes here if not for a fight, certainly NOT to put the FUN back into Forum
  • mattmaber said:

i still have to wonder why FPC comes here if not for a fight, certainly NOT to put the FUN back into Forum

You promised to NEVER respond to my posts. That fake promise didnt last long.

• mattmabermattmaber
    I tried to be nice a few months back and by your own admission in another post you really dont give a shit. I owe you no explanations, youve been a grade a dick to me.

Hello Photographers!

Love your Fujifilm X-Pro1, X-E1, X-M1, X-A1, X100S, X100, X20, X10, X-S1, and XF1? We do too!

Join our community of fellow Fuji X Series photographers to learn more about your Fujifilm X Series digital camera, get great tips and give advice, show off your latest photographs, and share your experiences with these awesome cameras.

Photographers of all types and skill levels are welcome, sign in or create an account below to join in the discussions!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter