X100s release date
  • I've seen where I can pre-order the X100s, but does anyone have any word on a release date or is it still unknown at this time?

Thanks!
  • AndrewVAndrewV
    Some have said late March others have said April... Knowing Fuji, it will be April.
  • AndrewV said:

Some have said late March others have said April... Knowing Fuji, it will be April.

Yea I had read/heard February to. Just checking to see if anyone had heard anything else.
    Thanks for the feedback.
  • brickst3rbrickst3r
    BHphoto is saying march 27th and the x20 is feb 28th. This is my first pre order for all my fuji camera's and I hope they're atleast close to the date stated.
  • ChristopherChristopher
    They generally start shipping in Japan 2-4 weeks before hitting the US. That can at least give you an estimate, once they're on the market.
    Fuji X Series Administrator · ChrisMarks.com · Space Cadet Photo Blog · Flickr
  • brickst3rbrickst3r
    Thanks Christopher, I didn't know that. So now I can only hope my preorder was early enough to get the first batch of shipment. Jan 10th for me was my preorder date.
  • Thanks for the info guys. I'm waiting on funds to come in so I'm hoping Fuji learned from last release and this time has ample supply for the demand this thing is going to bring.

• Amazon Uk says 19 Feb (but I'm doubtful)
  • Ran across this...
    http://fujifilm.jp/personal/digitalcamera/promotion/x100s_x20_pre_order_campaign/

Hopeful for an end of February release for the US

• AndrewVAndrewV

Ran across this...
    http://fujifilm.jp/personal/digitalcamera/promotion/x100s_x20_pre_order_campaign/

Hopeful for an end of February release for the US

There is literally NO chance.
  • Do they start the production after the announcement or usually before the announcement?
  • alexchan said:

Do they start the production after the announcement or usually before the announcement?

Depends on manufacturer and production schedule.
    With Nikon D600 they have stock in store world wide in one week from announcement. With Nikon D800 it takes months to get stock in stores.
    All product Fuji demo at CES and other place are pre production prototype so that indicate that final spec is not done and also no ship date was announce so probably cameras not actually in production at the time of CES.

"I can only agree with your first sentence." Quote karlbown
  • brickst3rbrickst3r
    So it looks like Japan will release the x100s on feb 23 pushed up from the 16th. Could only be the x20 though. http://www.fujirumors.com/fuji-japan-announces-the-new-x100s-and-x20-release-info/
  • ChristopherChristopher
    I would anticipate them arriving in the US in late March, if the X-E1's release gives us any indication. The UK and Canada will probably have them a week or so before the US.
  • brickst3rbrickst3r
    I hope it's late march atleast. But I still gotta worry if adorama will have enough to fulfill my order before they go on back order again or if they go on back order after the release.
  • I say end of Feb in Asia at least in Singapore :)
  • Hey guys, you all should check this out Announcment from Fujifilm. Make what you will of it! Announcment from Fujifilm. Make what you will of it!
  • K1W1K1W1
    They have pushed back delivery one week to the date US resellers have been saying for some time. Does it really matter?
  • The latter the better, I need to save!!
    www.chaosboi.com
  • pominpocketpominpocket
    And June in Australia at double the price.
    Fuji X100S
    Fuji XE1 35mm 1.4

• K1W1K1W1

And June in Australia at double the price.

I guess that you have not purchased in Australia for a while then.

• AndrewVAndrewV
    Got my ship date from amazon...

Sometime in between February and April...
  • And June in Australia at double the price.

maybe June, who knows?, but not double the price. I picked up my Black X100 new in Melbourne last year (before they were discontinued) for several hundred less than what DigitalRev in HK were advertising.
    X100 Black + WCL-X100, Nikon F3HP, Minolta Dynax 7, Sony a700, a55 & a77
  • I'm finding that Fuji X & Olympus M43 cameras are very well priced here locally in Australia. Very comparable to HK. As far as I've found however, the same can't be said for Canon or Nikon.
    X-Pro1
    Fuji 35mm & Fuji 18-55mm
    OM-D E-M5
    Panasonic 14 & 20, Panasonic Leica 25

Some photo's on Flickr..
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dnightingale
  • Fujirumors sez that shipment started today in Japan
  • K1W1K1W1
    NightBird said:

I'm finding that Fuji X & Olympus M43 cameras are very well priced here locally in Australia. Very comparable to HK. As far as I've found however, the same can't be said for Canon or Nikon.

Where are the well priced Fujis?
    You can get a X-E1 with 18-55 for under Aus$1100 from HK but I haven't seen them under about $1450 here from any non grey market dealer.
    BTW DCW still had stocks of the black X100 about two weeks ago. They are not discontinued as such. They were only a limited production run of 10,000 world wide. From memory Australia got something like 600 and it has taken them ages to clear the stock. I don't think they were the success Fuji were hoping for.
  • pominpocketpominpocket
    Try Ted's Camera's very reasonable all the more so when you factor in the fact the Aussia dollar is stronger then the green back.

But no actually not true. I would buy on the grey market in Australia . The postal system is excellent .
    Fuji X100S
    Fuji XE1 35mm 1.4

• So Fuji man Theo said on Camera Diner today that the X100s is enroute to their suppliers and should be available to preorders in about 10 days time... fingers crossed!
  • Anybody know, when it will be available in central europe / slovakia?
  • K1W1K1W1

Try Ted's Camera's very reasonable all the more so when you factor in the fact the Aussia dollar is stronger then the green back.

Teds is one of the most expensive camera chains in the country. No serious photographer buys there. They are located in Malls and similar places and sell to people who have no idea. I have regularly heard sales people in Teds telling customers one camera is better than the other because one has more megapixels.

• veejayceeveejaycee
    K1W1 said:

Teds is one of the most expensive camera chains in the country. No serious photographer buys there. They are located in Malls and similar places and sell to people who have no idea. I have regularly heard sales people in Teds telling customers one camera is better than the other because one has more megapixels.

That sounds rather like most of the Jessops stores that just went under in the UK.
    Nikon D700/D300, 17-35mm, 24-70mm, 28-300mm, 50-500mm, 35, 50, 85, 135 and 180mm primes. Fuji XPro 1, Fujinon XF lenses - 14mm f2.8, 35mm f1.4, Fuji XF 60mm f1.4, 18-55mm f2.8-4 OIS, 55-200mm f3.5-f4.8 OIS.
  • pominpocketpominpocket
    Read my next line 'no actually not true' When in Australia I buy from Hong Kong on what they call the grey market.

I agree Teds cameras are very expensive and not at all helpful .
    Fuji X100S
    Fuji XE1 35mm 1.4

• pominpocketpominpocket
    Teds is worse that Jessops. At least in Jessops you could hunt around for a deal .
    Fuji X100S
    Fuji XE1 35mm 1.4

• NYCGoonerNYCGooner
    Any news on the US release front? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
  • Just checked on the B&H site where I did my preorder. It now shows a 22 March availability date instead of 27 March. Can't wait to get this camera and head off in a new photo direction for me!!!
  • Les_HallLes_Hall
    That's where I pre-ordered mine too. Exciting!
  • K1W1K1W1
    Showing in Australia as late March delivery at Aus$1262.00 (US$1288.00 approx)
    Lookis like the X20 and X100s will both arrive at the same time.
  • EffstopEffstop
    I wonder if the black version will be released at the same time as the silver? Hope so, would hate to have to wait for Fuji to release a "limited edition" to get my hands on one that can match the black accessories (e.g. WCL, lens hood, filter adapter) I already have for my X100 black
  • pominpocketpominpocket
    I have x10, X-E1 , Nikon d7000 so why do I want or need a 100S ?
    Fuji X100S
    Fuji XE1 35mm 1.4

• pominpocketpominpocket
    I mean I want one but not sure why .
    Fuji X100S
    Fuji XE1 35mm 1.4

• K1W1K1W1
    Effstop said:

I wonder if the black version will be released at the same time as the silver?

I would give that about a -1% chance of happening.
    When the X-E1 was launched Fuji showed black and silver.
    When the X20 was launched Fuji showed black and silver.
    So far on silver X100s photos have appeared on any Fuji info that has been released.
    I'm picking that there will be another special edition at some stage. Maybe the fact that dealers are still sitting on stocks of the last special edition has caused Fuji to not release a black X100s in the hope that the dealers will still clear the stock they have?
  • EffstopEffstop
    K1W1 said:

Effstop said:

I wonder if the black version will be released at the same time as the silver?

I would give that about a -1% chance of happening.
    When the X-E1 was launched Fuji showed black and silver.
    When the X20 was launched Fuji showed black and silver.
    So far on silver X100s photos have appeared on any Fuji info that has been released.
    I'm picking that there will be another special edition at some stage. Maybe the fact that dealers are still sitting on stocks of the last special edition has caused Fuji to not release a black X100s in the hope that the dealers will still clear the stock they have?

I fear you may be correct, although I can't see why they can't release in both colour schemes like they have for the X20 - damn marketers! Oh well, patience is a virtue they say....
  • pursangpursang
    What firmware version is the S shipping with? 1.1?
  • Got mine yesterday @ Electric Avenue in Miami!!! Early review....Awesome!!!!
  • What better way to protect the Fujifilm X100S than with a handmade case by JnK? We ordered ours made with leather in Rally Tan, has a removable cover for the back, and tripod mount on the bottom.

Here is our second article on accessories for the X100S:
    http://www.rainydaymagazine.com/RDM2013/Home/April/Week2/RDMHomeApr0813.htm#FujifilmX100s_Accessories_JnKHandwork

The quality, fit, and finish of the JnK case is amazing. It is the perfect complement to the camera.
  • Here are a few pics of our recent experiences with the X100S in Macro Mode:
    http://www.rainydaymagazine.com/RDM2013/Home/June/Week3/RDMHomeJun2113.htm#FujifilmX100s_MacroMode

Click on any of the images for a larger version.

We were particularly impressed with some of the insect shots we were able to pull off. Our next project will be to see if we can get some trickier shots...bees in flight and such.
  • photogirlphotogirl

What better way to protect the Fujifilm X100S than with a handmade case by JnK? We ordered ours made with leather in Rally Tan, has a removable cover for the back, and tripod mount on the bottom.

Here is our second article on accessories for the X100S:
    http://www.rainydaymagazine.com/RDM2013/Home/April/Week2/RDMHomeApr0813.htm#FujifilmX100s_Accessories_JnKHandwork

The quality, fit, and finish of the JnK case is amazing. It is the perfect complement to the camera.

How much does the case retail for? And is there additional cost for importing it here?

Thanks Viv

:-)

• ChristopherChristopher
    They're available on eBay for $180 USD with further customization options available: http://www.ebay.com/itm/JnK-half-case-for-Fuji-X100-X100s-/321147670606
  • photogirlphotogirl
    Thanks Chris

:-)

Hello Photographers!

Love your Fujifilm X-Pro1, X-E1, X-M1, X-A1, X100S, X100, X20, X10, X-S1, and XF1? We do too!

Join our community of fellow Fuji X Series photographers to learn more about your Fujifilm X Series digital camera, get great tips and give advice, show off your latest photographs, and share your experiences with these awesome cameras.

Photographers of all types and skill levels are welcome, sign in or create an account below to join in the discussions!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter