Two new unknown lenses announced at CES for 2013
  • Today I had the opportunity to talk to a Fuji representative at a local camera store. He told me that at CES the representatives were told there would be two other lenses that are not on their roadmap of XF lenses. They were not told any specifications such as if they would be a prime or telephoto lenses. The link below is the Fuji roadmap of lenses.
    Your text to link...
    http://www.500px.com/brettn

Fuji X-Pro 1, Fuji 35mm f/1.4 XF R, Fuji 60mm f/2.4 XF Macro, Fuji XF 14mm f/2.8 R Ultra Wide-Angle, Nikon D4, Nikon 85mm f/1.4, Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G, Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8, Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8, Nikon 500mm f/4G VR, Nikon SB-800, SB-900
  • Today I had the opportunity to talk to a Fuji representative at a local camera store. He told me that at CES the representatives were told there would be two other lenses that are not on their roadmap of XF lenses. They were not told any specifications such as if they would be a prime or telephoto lenses. The link below is the Fuji roadmap of lenses.
    Your text to link...

Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds??? We are expected to believe that Fujifilm's marketing people show up at a GIANT publicity stunt, AKA CES, with information that TWO new lenses are coming and the ONLY tell some no name Fujifilm "representative" and NO ONE ELSE??

This simply defies credibility.
    Fujifilm Gear: F10, F20, F70EXR, XF1, X10, X100 (w/ Fujinon WCL-X100), S5 Pro, (w/Nikkor 24mm f/1.4, 35mm f/1.8, and 50mm f/1.2 lenses), Fujifilm GA645

And a freezer full of Fuji Neopan Acros and 400H film.

Clearly someone who hates Fujifilm and their products.

MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz, 8 gigs RAM
    Your text to link...

Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds??? We are expected to believe that Fujifilm's marketing people show up at a GIANT publicity stunt, AKA CES, with information that TWO new lenses are coming and the ONLY tell some no name Fujifilm "representative" and NO ONE ELSE??

This simply defies credibility.

He did say that they're were many Fuji reps on hand. He told me a lot more but I guess I'll just keep it to myself and see if he was telling the truth. I guess only time will tell.

http://www.500px.com/brettn

Fuji X-Pro 1, Fuji 35mm f/1.4 XF R, Fuji 60mm f/2.4 XF Macro, Fuji XF 14mm f/2.8 R Ultra Wide-Angle, Nikon D4, Nikon 85mm f/1.4, Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G, Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8, Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8, Nikon 500mm f/4G VR, Nikon SB-800, SB-900
  • I am sure everything you were told is pure fiction.
    Fujifilm Gear: F10, F20, F70EXR, XF1, X10, X100 (w/ Fujinon WCL-X100), S5 Pro, (w/Nikkor 24mm f/1.4, 35mm f/1.8, and 50mm f/1.2 lenses), Fujifilm GA645

• flysurferflysurfer

Today I had the opportunity to talk to a Fuji representative at a local camera store. He told me that at CES the representatives were told there would be two other lenses that are not on their roadmap of XF lenses. They were not told any specifications such as if they would be a prime or telephoto lenses. The link below is the Fuji roadmap of lenses.
    Your text to link...

Sounds reasonable. Since most knowledgeable market observers expect affordable X-Mount cameras below the X-E1, Fuji would need affordable (kit) lenses for such cameras.
  • A rumor that is no yet even on Fujirumors. I will not hold breath for this story.
    "I can only agree with your first sentence." Quote karlbown
  • K1W1K1W1
    flysurfer said:

Since most knowledgeable market observers expect affordable X-Mount cameras below the X-E1, Fuji would need affordable (kit) lenses for such cameras.

I had not heard that. Do you have any links or anything I would be interested in checking what people are saying.

• K1W1 said:

flysurfer said:

Since most knowledgeable market observers expect affordable X-Mount cameras below the X-E1, Fuji would need affordable (kit) lenses for such cameras.

I had not heard that. Do you have any links or anything I would be interested in checking what people are saying.

You have not heard of it because the "rumor" is simply not credible.

• francofranco
    This doesnt seem unreasonable? According to the roadmap, 200mm is the maximum focal length displayed, so I would not be surprised to see a 300mm (prime or zoom), even a 500mm this or next year.
    There have been many discussions on here with regards to the popularity of the X system in general, and I cant speak for all regions of course, but I was struck with what a old mate from Camera World in Welles St, London said to me last week (we were workmates at Photo Optix back in the day)...
    1) The X Series (especially the XE1) is massivley out-selling EOS and Nikon systems. He struggles with supply to demand at the moment.
    2) Fujifilm are selling the 35mm 1.4 as a loss leader. (I struggled with this fact, as its still substantially more than Canon's equiv 50mm, but Fuji are really pushing this lens as they believe its the best one in the range optically - I wont argue with the quality either)
    3) This is not a big store, but have paid up full deposits on 19 X100s already.
    4) The photo retail trade in general is VERY impressed with Fuji's willingness to issue firmware to combat early glitches and imperfections. As am I. There are issues with new DSLRS from the big two brands which have not even been acknowledged, let alone addressed....and retail staff are bearing the brunt of this.

My point is, if this small UK independant is a guage of any kind, it would appear that the X-series is selling rather better than we previously thought. I realise that no longer having a Jessop or Jacobs nearby anymore cant have a detrimental effect on his buisness, but the sales of X-Series have been very strong since September.
    This may be a reason for Fujifilm to think further ahead re: system lenses.

(and by the way, I have blocked FinePixCamera, but I advise taking his abrasive opinions on cameras he doesnt own with a very large pinch of salt.)
    X Pro 1 + Fujinon 35/27/18/60/55-200 OIS ( +EF20)
    Samyang's 8mm/12mm
    Olympus Zuiko 50mm 1.4 / 100mm 2.8/ 300mm 4.5 / 28-48 F4
    Tamron 90mm F2.5 macro (with 1:1 adapter)

Fujifilm X10. (old sensor)

• K1W1K1W1
    @fujifinePix I actually asked @flysurfer a question. I think it would be polite to let him answer rather than to just assume that you know everything.

• mattmabermattmaber
    @franco none of that sounds unreasonable, and for one individual to be a little naughty and say things he maybe shouldnt do doesnt seem odd either. They may be at early stages of development so theres no point doing an official announcement yet, but a few representatives may know of their development and just mention theyre working on something.

 Mac · Blog · Flickr · g+ · Facebook · Twitter
    Fuji X100 & EF-X20 Flash · Leica M6, Nokton Classic 35mm f1.4 & SF20 Flash · Canonet 17 · Fuji X-Pro1, 18mm & 10-24mm · Canonet 28 · Yashica Minister III · Miranda MS-1 · Yashica 124G · BIllingham Hadley Small & Large
  • francofranco
    Exactly.
    How you been Matt?
    Samyang's 8mm/12mm

• K1W1K1W1
    @franco I think that your suggestions of 300 and 500mm lenses for the X system as it currently stands are a little fanciful paricularly in the time frame. If the X system ever morphs into DSLR style bodies perhaps lenses of that length would be realistic but not with the current body style.

It's investing what you say about sales when in another thread there is reasonable evidence that less than 1000 X100 cameras have been registered in the whole of Canada in two years. I know registrations don't equate to sales directly but with the well documents issues with Fuji cameras I suspect a higher number of owners would be likely to register than the industry average.

Your comment about @FujiFinePix also shows the doen side of blocking. You can see that comments and posts are being made even when you block a user so its like fast forwarding ads in recorded TV. They actually register more than if you just ignore them in the first place. I just don't bother replying to things that are of no interest and I have no desire to drawn into long winded arguments just for the sake of arguing which seems to be a trait if quite a numb of members here unfortunately.
  • K1W1 said:

@fujifinePix I actually asked @flysurfer a question. I think it would be polite to let him answer rather than to just assume that you know everything.

You are free to use the PM system if you want a private conversation. You post in public place, you get a public response.

I gave my opinion on the matter, not facts. Do try to learn the difference. You will look less foolish in future.

• francofranco
    Hi @K1W1 ,
    Yeah, I take your point - this year IS fanciful, but 2014 is doable. I think. Hey, I'll guess we'll know soon enough. Or not.
    Some people like to know that have an exclusive product or a niche item, some feel comfort in knowing there is a lot of likeminded people like them...I'm not fussed either way, I just felt it was interesting information.

Believe me, blocking FinePixCamera was a wise move. I dont tolerate people like that in real life, in my work or in my own creative persuits. His blocking applies to the latter. No regrets.
    If he were to OWN an X-series CSC, I'd be more inclined to listen. But he doesnt. When he does (and he will, even though he bad mouths them daily - thats his thing) you can bet a few more thousand will block his ass too...
    And trust me - he hates that. He has to be listened to.
    Samyang's 8mm/12mm

• pominpocketpominpocket
    In Fuji rumors I heard that the 35mm 1.4 has outsold the total sales of the Xpro 1 body and many are buying body only of the X-E1.

Also I can not order another one here. The shop referred two customers back to me for a second hand sale when I was humming and harring about my new X-E1. Keeping it now. Took it out for a walk today with its new leather jacket .
    Fuji X100S
    Fuji XE1 35mm 1.4

• mattmabermattmaber
    franco said:

Exactly.
    How you been Matt?

Good thanks. Im happy not to read what FPC says, whether its about me or not.
     Mac · Blog · Flickr · g+ · Facebook · Twitter
    Fuji X100 & EF-X20 Flash · Leica M6, Nokton Classic 35mm f1.4 & SF20 Flash · Canonet 17 · Fuji X-Pro1, 18mm & 10-24mm · Canonet 28 · Yashica Minister III · Miranda MS-1 · Yashica 124G · BIllingham Hadley Small & Large
  • veejayceeveejaycee

In Fuji rumors I heard that the 35mm 1.4 has outsold the total sales of the Xpro 1 body and many are buying body only of the X-E1.

Also I can not order another one here. The shop referred two customers back to me for a second hand sale when I was humming and harring about my new X-E1. Keeping it now. Took it out for a walk today with its new leather jacket .

I'd be surprised if the 35mm hadn't outsold the XP1. Since it can be used on both bodies the actual potential is for twice the sales of the lens compared to each camera and don't forget that the 35mm was the only lens freely available to begin with. The market for Fuji X products where you are is tiny so I don't think you can infer anything from camera/lens sales there.
    One thing I've noticed recently - and this isn't taken from actual sales figures - is that the success of the XE1 has renewed interest in the XP1. It seems that the new firmware in both has re-assured previous would be XP1 buyers who were dithering over the focusing issues which now are being resolved. I suspect that some will be viewing the XP1 as a "Pro" version (both as good as one another really) a few will prefer to have the OVF and quite likely the slightly larger size and solidity of the XP1 will appeal to others (it did to me). My feeling that the XP1 is increasing in popularity comes from the increased number of posts on the various Fuji forums from new XP1 users and others showing interest in its purchase.
    On the point of some users only buying a body, well I'm beginning to think about following that route myself. I have the 35mm as my fast lens general use option and the zoom as my walk around and that won't change. I think most of my needs with this lightweight kit are covered and for more serious portrait work I have my Nikon 85mm f1.8 and adapter and if I need still more reach, a 135mm f2.8 or my 180mm f2.8. Where I was originally hoping for the 56mm and 14mm lenses and/or WA and Tele zooms, I've now decided that my current portrait lens, a Nikon 85mm will be enough - and for wide angle, instead of 14mm or WA zoom, maybe the Samyang 14mm f2.8 (or one of its other guises). That would be quite a saving but the Samyang does have considerable and complex distortion. I might start a thread to ask about that.
    Vic
    Nikon D700/D300, 17-35mm, 24-70mm, 28-300mm, 50-500mm, 35, 50, 85, 135 and 180mm primes. Fuji XPro 1, Fuji XT1, Fujinon XF lenses - 14mm f2.8, 35mm f1.4, Fuji XF 60mm f1.4, 18-55mm f2.8-4 OIS, 55-200mm f3.5-f4.8 OIS.
  • WestmillWestmill
    There will certainly be a renewed interest after the new updates. Lots of people have been put off them because they were a little slow in the focus department. Now they are pretty fast and you can even just hit the shutter button now and take a grabshot in CF mode. This makes a massive difference. As for new lenses that are not on the roadmap, that would not surprise me at all. I aggree with Surfer here, that it would likely be kit zooms. I hope not though, as I like the fact that all the lenses are all high grade. It sets Fuji appart from the masses. I personly hope they stay on the road of high quality optics :)
  • K1W1K1W1

You will look less foolish in future.

Interesting advice coming from you I will ignore it but thanks for the offer.

@franco in the absence of a reply from @flysurfer I can see the the concept of a lower spec X series entry level camera being a definite good move for Fuji. I'm thinking something like a X-E1 without the EVF just LCD. That would more than justify a lower price point while still giving resellers an option for an upsell based on the X-E1 having a EVF. If such a camera came into existence then again it would be logical to assume that lower spec "kit" lens or lenses would become available . Something like the traditional kit 18-55 f3.5-f5.6 or even a 18-100 f3.5-f5.6 with largely plastic construction would be relatively inexpensive to produce and would be ideal starters for the X series system. The DSLR manufacturers have done this for years so why shouldn't Fuji take advantage of what the buying public is conditioned to and get people into the system then sell upgrades.

• Thanks for an entertaining thread, guys. As usual, I can always rely on this forum for the tongue-in-cheek comments and the serious responses to them for a good belly laugh.
    Gene Lowinger
    www.genelowinger.com
    genelowinger.blogspot.com
  • WilzWorkz7WilzWorkz7
    In the meantime in the city of Yokohama...

Featured:
    http://fujifilm-x.com/photographers/en/wilson_wong_us/

Photo Blog + Projects + Gallery:
    http://wilzworkz.wordpress.com | http://www.flickr.com/photos/wilzworkz |

Photo Club Singapore Photography Interest Network:
    http://groups.to/SPIN
  • WilzWorkz7WilzWorkz7
    K1W1 said:

You will look less foolish in future.

Interesting advice coming from you I will ignore it but thanks for the offer.

@franco in the absence of a reply from @flysurfer I can see the the concept of a lower spec X series entry level camera being a definite good move for Fuji. I'm thinking something like a X-E1 without the EVF just LCD. That would more than justify a lower price point while still giving resellers an option for an upsell based on the X-E1 having a EVF. If such a camera came into existence then again it would be logical to assume that lower spec "kit" lens or lenses would become available . Something like the traditional kit 18-55 f3.5-f5.6 or even a 18-100 f3.5-f5.6 with largely plastic construction would be relatively inexpensive to produce and would be ideal starters for the X series system. The DSLR manufacturers have done this for years so why shouldn't Fuji take advantage of what the buying public is conditioned to and get people into the system then sell upgrades.

Sound very logical to me. Somewhat like what the big 2 are doing. Introduce them to the system using DSLR bodies that is lacking in features we pros like but once they are hooked, the system will stick with them.
    Featured:

• WilzWorkz7WilzWorkz7
    franco said:

Hi @K1W1 ,
    Yeah, I take your point - this year IS fanciful, but 2014 is doable. I think. Hey, I'll guess we'll know soon enough. Or not.
    Some people like to know that have an exclusive product or a niche item, some feel comfort in knowing there is a lot of likeminded people like them...I'm not fussed either way, I just felt it was interesting information.

Believe me, blocking FinePixCamera was a wise move. I dont tolerate people like that in real life, in my work or in my own creative persuits. His blocking applies to the latter. No regrets.
    If he were to OWN an X-series CSC, I'd be more inclined to listen. But he doesnt. When he does (and he will, even though he bad mouths them daily - thats his thing) you can bet a few more thousand will block his ass too...
    And trust me - he hates that. He has to be listened to.

Franco, we in this forum has been tolerant enough too. For someone who wants to be recognised, especially by Fujifilm, then I wonder who is he peddling to with all the unnecessary negativity. I mean, would a girl marry you when you keep bad mouthing her? Either she's mad or he is in his own world thinking tough love with keep him in her good books?

No cameras are perfect. And why so many camera manufacturers can survive is because certain brands works for certain people. It is purely a subjective thing and I respect that. but it can only mean a crazy person will keep using a tool he hates to the core. If he still uses it, that means he is an illogical person.

If he is illogical, then there is really no point in posting comments since the source of the comment is illogical.
    Featured:

• WilzWorkz7WilzWorkz7

For adapted lens use. It is really good. Even my lousy Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 adapted to the XE1 shows remarkable IQ (the JPEG is really that good).

New clothes? Do show!

Featured:

• WilzWorkz7WilzWorkz7
    Westmill said:

There will certainly be a renewed interest after the new updates. Lots of people have been put off them because they were a little slow in the focus department. Now they are pretty fast and you can even just hit the shutter button now and take a grabshot in CF mode. This makes a massive difference. As for new lenses that are not on the roadmap, that would not surprise me at all. I aggree with Surfer here, that it would likely be kit zooms. I hope not though, as I like the fact that all the lenses are all high grade. It sets Fuji appart from the masses. I personly hope they stay on the road of high quality optics :)

Concur...Fujifilm lens are showing what they are really worth.
    Featured:

• pominpocketpominpocket
    I personally would not like to see an entry level cheapo version that takes the lenses. Maybe I am a snob but if you have a high quality camera (then release cheap versions) it brings the general tone down.

Instead I would prefer Fuji to keep working on the currant models and lenses. I helped a friend buy the cheapest entry level Nikon recently and now wish she had bought the X100 instead. She does not use it due to bulk and her lack of interest really . Went back to her compact. It was also toy like and plastic.

New Clothes ? Its on the XE1 thread, posted 25 shots linked to flicker of the case /clothes.

The half case, slide the naked camera out version (Patent pending) now has the leather aperture vest. This keeps the camera secure and dust free yet I can still set most of the controls and even grab a shot with the case on. Trouble with all the cases they have so many cut outs for controls . Not so mine .
    Fuji X100S
    Fuji XE1 35mm 1.4

• K1W1K1W1

I personally would not like to see an entry level cheapo version that takes the lenses.

You had better tell Nikon that it's a bad move to introduce the new US$18,000 800mm lens that will mount and work perfectly well on a US$600 D3200 body then. :D

Having two different lens mounts in what for all intents and purposes is the same system would be financial suicide on Fujis part and it just won't happen. Having one lens mount allows people to start small and grow. If you or anybody else elect to start in the middle or at the top that is fine as well. I bet there are plenty of people whose first Canon was a Full frame with a pro lens just like there are plenty who have started with the cheapest possible budget crop sensor camera but quess what? They are all Canon owners.
  • For someone who wants to be recognised, especially by Fujifilm, then I wonder who is he peddling to with all the unnecessary negativity.

There you go again with your whacked out fantasies. You like to invent facts and spread them, don't you? No matter how many times are shown to be wrong and then corrected. Just keep spreading your inanity, right?

• WilzWorkz7WilzWorkz7

For someone who wants to be recognised, especially by Fujifilm, then I wonder who is he peddling to with all the unnecessary negativity.

There you go again with your whacked out fantasies. You like to invent facts and spread them, don't you? No matter how many times are shown to be wrong and then corrected. Just keep spreading your inanity, right?

FPC. If I remember correctly, you did ask aloud how to get on the X-Photographers list don't you?

Then again, I did not infer you directly unless you agree hence replied?

Be nice as all the number of times I have been telling you.
    Featured:

• WilzWorkz7WilzWorkz7

I personally would not like to see an entry level cheapo version that takes the lenses. Maybe I am a snob but if you have a high quality camera (then release cheap versions) it brings the general tone down.

Instead I would prefer Fuji to keep working on the currant models and lenses. I helped a friend buy the cheapest entry level Nikon recently and now wish she had bought the X100 instead. She does not use it due to bulk and her lack of interest really . Went back to her compact. It was also toy like and plastic.

New Clothes ? Its on the XE1 thread, posted 25 shots linked to flicker of the case /clothes.

The half case, slide the naked camera out version (Patent pending) now has the leather aperture vest. This keeps the camera secure and dust free yet I can still set most of the controls and even grab a shot with the case on. Trouble with all the cases they have so many cut outs for controls . Not so mine .

Thanks. Have hunted it down.

Featured:

• WilzWorkz7WilzWorkz7

Talking about toy and plastic. That was my first decision made when it comes to the Canon 300D and the D70 then. Even when both are plastic, the D70 feels more like a camera.

Although the D70 then was not at the level of the D100 then as it is really well made, it gave me then a chance to get a proper DSLR (D100 was really expensive then).

And push it to current time, i guess it is ok to introduce a good build cheap intro model now that the top line cameras have proved their mettle. Need not metal but good plastic and metal mounts.

I did say in previous post that even my USD250 Sigma 70-300mm F3.5-4 APO Macro that is not a great lens in the first place, helped produce a very good image during a night stage performance. I wouldn't use it with the D300. Hence it is really the innards that has push the limits of the APS-C.

Of course, good lens still trumps if given a choice but a cheap 18-70 F3.5-4 (that's the kit lens for D70 then) would be very helpful for beginners if they ever choose to produce one.
    Featured:

• For someone who wants to be recognised, especially by Fujifilm, then I wonder who is he peddling to with all the unnecessary negativity.

FPC. If I remember correctly, you did ask aloud how to get on the X-Photographers list don't you?

I asked how SOMEONE gets to be an X photographer. I did NOT ask how **I** get to be one.

I told you this before but still you are unable to discern the difference.

For the THIRD time, I have no interest, whatsoever in being affiliated with FUJIFILM.

Perhaps this time it will sink in.

• K1W1K1W1
    I have even come up with the name of this completely mythical low end X series camera.

X-A(1,2,3..) - Amateur
    X-E(1,2,3..) - Expert
    X-Pro(1,2,3..) - Professional

Totally logical to my way of thinking which means it will never happen. :D
  • WilzWorkz7WilzWorkz7

For someone who wants to be recognised, especially by Fujifilm, then I wonder who is he peddling to with all the unnecessary negativity.

I asked how SOMEONE gets to be an X photographer. I did NOT ask how **I** get to be one.

I told you this before but still you are unable to discern the difference.

For the THIRD time, I have no interest, whatsoever in being affiliated with FUJIFILM.

Perhaps this time it will sink in.

If the first instance you are not interested, then why ask? Only interested people would ask. Only interested people would get more information.

If you are not interested being affiliated (it is a big word you know), then why buy their cameras since affiliation is a relationship with them and buying their camera is an affiliation already.

Right...so tell us why are you in this forum since you are so negative about it all?
    Featured:

• WilzWorkz7WilzWorkz7
    K1W1 said:

I have even come up with the name of this completely mythical low end X series camera.

X-A(1,2,3..) - Amateur
    X-E(1,2,3..) - Expert

Actually come to think of it...it is logical.

Featured:

• karlbownkarlbown
    It's quite amusing to scroll past fpc's ignored posts imagining his insane ramblings and have a little chuckle to myself. I've been on this board a lot more since the ignore function was added :)
    X-E1, 16-50, 50-230, X100S. Canon EOS-1ds Mk II, 28, 50. Also Pana G5, BMPCC
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/karlbown/
  • karlbownkarlbown
    Wilz don't spoil it for me by including his posts in your replies, it's funnier without them :)
  • WilzWorkz7WilzWorkz7
    @karlbown...aw shucks...sorry I spoiled your enjoyment.
    Featured:

• karlbownkarlbown
    No problem. @K1W1 I like your idea of XA, E, P ranges. I wouldn't mind if Fuji introduced a lower level body without a viewfinder, but I wouldn't buy one, I just can't work without it. Anything that brings people into the X family is probably a good thing
  • francofranco
    haha! yup, this is SUPERB! No FPC is definately the way to go.
    I can kind of follow what he's ranting about, and its hilarious...looks like he was asking on behalf of a friend how to become an official X-Series photographer, not for himself of course. Silly me. Yeah, that must be it... brilliant...

@K1W1 - thanks for your response earlier - you actually make a lot of sense. A 28-100 would be a very popular lens too.
    I think I would probably pass on an X-A series...probably has orbs. ;-)

@WilzWorkz7 - again, in total agreement. Thanks. Always good to hear from you.
    Samyang's 8mm/12mm

• If the first instance you are not interested, then why ask? Only interested people would ask. Only interested people would get more information.

If you are not interested being affiliated (it is a big word you know), then why buy their cameras since affiliation is a relationship with them and buying their camera is an affiliation already.

Right...so tell us why are you in this forum since you are so negative about it all?

I'm a trained scientist. I ask why with virtually everything I see. Asking why is part of who I am. I ask why for a living.

I have stated to you 3 times, yet you still cannot understand. It is too complicated for you to comprehend. It is almost embarassing.

I have also explained why I buy Fujifilm cameras (12 so far and counting). Apparently, that too is much too hard for you to understand.

• flysurferflysurfer
    K1W1 said:

X-A(1,2,3..) - Amateur
    X-E(1,2,3..) - Expert

Fuji is using code names for their products (LX10 was the X-Pro1, LX20 the X-E1), and I have seen the real names chosen rather late in thr game. So they might actually pick up your idea for their next line of X-Mount cameras. :) Time will tell. Picking a product name is alwas tricky, as you have to look at the names of competing products, plus there may be legal implications. Not to mention cultural pitfalls, as some names, letter or numbers could have bad connotations in some regions or cultures.
  • K1W1K1W1
    @flysurfer my most post was purely a guess I was only having some fun because as I said it has a certain logic to it. Mitsubishi had problems in some countries with the name of one of their 4WD vehicles and of course the Porsche 901 became the 911 because Peugeot has a trade mark on three number car designations with 0 in the middle. Was it Zerox or Exxon who went to that name because it existed in no language?
  • pominpocketpominpocket
    I also started photography seriously with a Nikon FG20 purchased by an in law as a good starter camera I had other cameras before but not an SLR. The 50mm 1.8 manual only I still have.

I read reviews and yes it was pure snobbery the F3 was the camera to have and the FE2 was a good rugged camera with a depth of field preview button.

How ever it had the F mount so took all the lenses. I still have the camera as well but its in storage. It got soaked in a boat on a rough river ride.

I suppose if Fuji made cheap bodies good lenses would follow.

I wanted a Leica and thought Fuji was a great cheaper camera that happened to have auto focus. I am not talking about the Panasonic leica. I had a FZ300 once!

Fuji X100S
    Fuji XE1 35mm 1.4

• Seems odd to me seeing as there were leaking photos of the next lenses online ages ago that match up to the road map, time will tell.
  • pominpocketpominpocket
    My birthday is on 22nd June . Do I get the 56 1.4mm lens or the x100S ?

Fuji X100S
    Fuji XE1 35mm 1.4

• Difficult question, the x100s will be shipping soon but the 56/1.4 may not be out til the end of the year, price of the 56mm is expected to be around the high £700 sort of mark, so maybe the x100s, depends on your need really!

Hello Photographers!

Love your Fujifilm X-Pro1, X-E1, X-M1, X-A1, X100S, X100, X20, X10, X-S1, and XF1? We do too!

Join our community of fellow Fuji X Series photographers to learn more about your Fujifilm X Series digital camera, get great tips and give advice, show off your latest photographs, and share your experiences with these awesome cameras.

Photographers of all types and skill levels are welcome, sign in or create an account below to join in the discussions!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter