Would like to order Lance Camera straps for my X-E1 and my upcoming X100S - which ones should order?
  • RamirezRamirez
    Hello friends!

I would like some better neck straps for my beloved Fuji X cameras. 2 in fact (for X-E1 and X100S).

I don't have any experience with different third party straps, so which ones would you suggest? I would like to have straps that suits the look of the Fuji X cameras and that are practical in use in the same time. I don't like the original Fuji straps that comes with the cameras.

I looked at this site: http://lancecamerastraps.com/

Is there other brands that could be great with the Fuji cams as well?
  • I looked far and wide for the best strap for my X-E1 and went with Lance string loop non-adjustable. Just got back from a two week trip shooting, and the strap was perfect. I highly recommend Lance.
  • pominpocketpominpocket
    So you did trade the gear and get X100S? Or soon? Funny feeling the same way.
    Fuji X100S
    Fuji XE1 35mm 1.4

• veejayceeveejaycee

I looked far and wide for the best strap for my E-X1 and went with Lance string loop non-adjustable. Just got back from a two week trip shooting, and the strap was perfect. I highly recommend Lance.

I got exactly the same Lance strap (burgundy), for my XP1. I got the 60 inch non-adjust string loop to wear across my body(I'm a big lad). http://lancecamerastraps.com/string-loop-non-adjust/
    I can wind the strap around my wrist without it getting in the way of controls or viewfinder but I'm so pleased with the this non-adjust string loop strap that I'm also ordering the string loop wrist strap. They both use the same quick snap attachment for a speedy swap over. The string loops (very strong and hard wearing) attach directly to the camera lugs so there is no bulkiness near the camera body. Free postage worldwide too.
    Vic
    Nikon D700/D300, 17-35mm, 24-70mm, 28-300mm, 50-500mm, 35, 50, 85, 135 and 180mm primes. Fuji XPro 1, Fujinon XF lenses - 35mm f1.4, 18-55mm f2.8-4 OIS, 55-200mm f3.5-f4.8 OIS.

http://www.perfectlycaptured.com/showgallery.php/ppuser/228/username/veejaycee
  • NYCGoonerNYCGooner
    I'd like to get a lance strap too, but I want to use it primarily as a 'fast' sling. I suppose I wouldn't be able to get the string attachment version for that purpose? Anyone else wear a strap in that style?
  • RamirezRamirez
    This sounds great! 2 Lance neck straps and a wrist strap are coming home to my X cameras. I think that they will like their new straps and my neck will too :)
  • veejayceeveejaycee
    Not sure what you mean by a fast sling?
    The string attachment refers to the lug end terminals string loops which are attached to plastic male quick connectors. The strap itself is circular and softens quickly with use - it ends in female quick connectors rather than the wire eyelets of the adjustable model. I don't think either of these straps would be good for a heavy DSLR setup if worn around the neck and down the chest because the narrowness would, I'm sure, tend to cut-in the back of the neck.
    Nikon D700/D300, 17-35mm, 24-70mm, 28-300mm, 50-500mm, 35, 50, 85, 135 and 180mm primes. Fuji XPro 1, Fujinon XF lenses - 35mm f1.4, 18-55mm f2.8-4 OIS, 55-200mm f3.5-f4.8 OIS.

• RamirezRamirez

So you did trade the gear and get X100S? Or soon? Funny feeling the same way.

Not yet, it will probably take 2-3 weeks before I get the new X100S.
    I will trade in my D7000 with 50 f1.8G lens and my X100. I have the old Fuji X100 case and spare battery from before so I don't think the trade will be too expensive. Now, if only I had better patience...
  • trustkill24trustkill24
    I have the medium neck strap in grey with black rings for my x-pro1 and a loop wrist strap (same color) for my x100

love them..
    X-T1
    XF14
    XF23
    XF56
    www.flickr.com/photos/trustkill24

• NYCGoonerNYCGooner
    I meant having a slide attached to the bottom of the camera so you can raise the camera without dragging the strap across the body.
  • veejayceeveejaycee
    NYCGooner said:

I meant having a slide attached to the bottom of the camera so you can raise the camera without dragging the strap across the body.

I don't think the Lance straps will work for that. You can get the attachment to fit into the tripod fitment though.
    BTW - going off topic - are you an Arsenal football supporter by any chance? There are a few NYCGooners on Twitter (Gooners are Arsenal fans - as am I).

• nole0202nole0202
    Do research, the Lance straps are just poly rope.
    There are many higher quality options available.
    Fuji X100
    Fuji X10
    Nikon D700
    Sony NEX 5
    Canon S95
  • NYCGoonerNYCGooner
    Yeah, I just thought the rope aspect of the lance strap would be conducive to running a slide up and down it. I've got a Gariz case that has an eye for a loop, was thinking of getting the regular lance and hooking the ends together. But would like an easy way to connect it over the neck as well.
    And yes, big Arsenal supporter, third generation. There are a lot of us in NYC who meet up at the Blind Pig.
  • veejayceeveejaycee
    nole0202 said:

Do research, the Lance straps are just poly rope.
    There are many higher quality options available.

Why the negativity? Are you p.....d because you didn't come up with the idea first? Have you actually tried them? If you had any experience of Lance straps you would explain what you found wrong with them and why and that would be more helpful to the OP. Instead you seem to base your "advice" on no experience at all - just the fact that they are poly rope - so what. I don't really care what they are made of. I have lots of straps for different cameras - they are made in various designs and from all manner of materials including leather - the Lance straps are very simple and are the most comfortable I found for the lighter XP1. You could no doubt buy higher quality - maybe fine pigskin edged in gold leaf with platinum buckles - but that wouldn't make it better in use. There may be better straps in the same style, a silk one for instance, but they do cost rather more.

• veejayceeveejaycee
    NYCGooner said:

And yes, big Arsenal supporter, third generation. There are a lot of us in NYC who meet up at the Blind Pig.

I was just today checking out some of the NYCGooner tweets and saw how you meet up at the Blind pig.
    Say hello to the guys for me. Big match tomorrow!
    Vic

• NYCGoonerNYCGooner
    Yeah, a bit anxious about it tbh. COYG!
  • RamirezRamirez
    Update!

I just ordered: http://lancecamerastraps.com/non-adjust-neck-strap/
    Black with orange rings (48 inches) with the O-Ring Strap Bumpers (for scratch protection) * 2!

One set for my X-E1 and one set for my coming X100S :) Same color scheme for both.

I just got fed up with the original straps as my cameras lives on my body... I hope that these Lance straps will be comfortable. They sure look nice on the pics though!

Didn't need the string loop variant as I seldom use wrist straps. I always wear my X cameras as ties :) People that know me has started to call me "the Camera-Tie man" :)
  • pominpocketpominpocket
    I am sure these straps are great but I have a custom set up where the camera just slips out naked.

Trouble is I think I have lost it. How I have no idea. I still have the camera X-E1 where is my custom made leather case ?
    Fuji X100S
    Fuji XE1 35mm 1.4

• phdezraphdezra
    I have the adjustable LanceStrap with bumpers and rings... here is is on my X-E1 (my old X100 is next to it). The "adjustable" version is a bit thicker due to how it is constructed, but I am amazed at the versatility of the adjustment which I use more than I thought I would:

• pominpocketpominpocket
    Having both these cameras would you say they compliment or compete with each other?
    Fuji X100S
    Fuji XE1 35mm 1.4

• RamirezRamirez
    I got mail today - my two Lance camera straps are shipped :)

Estimated delivery time 1-2 weeks

Let's see which one comes first; my X100S or the Lance camera straps...
    What do you guess?
  • RamirezRamirez
    My 2 Lance camera straps arrived today :)

I put on one of them on my X-E1. They feel superb hanging on my neck! And I can use them from the side hanging from one shoulder too. And one thing that is really sweet is the fact that I can easily twist the straps around my arm and sort of make them to a wrist strap for secure and comfortable one hand shooting...

When I have my X100s I can twist both camera stapes (on on X-E1 and the other on X100s) as a double revolver cowboy shooting style :)

I regret not ordering these earlier! Much better than any original strap!

These are the best that I ever tried.

Hello Photographers!

Love your Fujifilm X-Pro1, X-E1, X-M1, X-A1, X100S, X100, X20, X10, X-S1, and XF1? We do too!

Join our community of fellow Fuji X Series photographers to learn more about your Fujifilm X Series digital camera, get great tips and give advice, show off your latest photographs, and share your experiences with these awesome cameras.

Photographers of all types and skill levels are welcome, sign in or create an account below to join in the discussions!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter