X-Pro1 & The Dark Side of My Country
  • Just some other shot of the BEAUTIFUL ITALY
    Your text to link...
  • weisgrauweisgrau
    For me your photos do not depict a "Dark Side." They portray the old and abandoned, a condition found in all countries. You have made an aesthetic representation of the theme by making the neglected properties into artistic images. Isn't it amazing how the artist's eye can convert a stark reality into an aesthetic fantasy? I think so.

• pominpocketpominpocket
    I thought the photos were atmospheric and I liked the ragged edges .

If they are artistic images why not the dark side? Do we need to read so much into a title ?
    Fuji X100S
    Fuji XE1 35mm 1.4

• Unfortunately, the degradation of the place is evident. Italy is a country full of contradictions.
    Thanks weisgrau and pominpocket for the comment!
    Peter :)
  • K1W1K1W1
    Thanks this is a really great set. I could see some of these also looking great in black and white.
    I also would not call them the dark side I think they fall into the urbex category better.
    Jusy out of interest do you know what used to be manufactured in the factory?
  • This location was a coal power station with enormous fan. I have no more information about the production process but you can read something here
    Your text to link...
    The dark side means that this is a shame for the complete dereliction.
    I have a short number (6 or 7 shots) in B/W too :-)
    Thanks for post K1W1
  • Thanks biscuit
  • K1W1K1W1

This location was a coal power station with enormous fan.

Thanks. That makes sense with the shape of the building and the fans.

• triton3ktriton3k
    pretty cool shots.
    They call me Denn-Ice
  • PeterPrismPeterPrism
    triton3k said:

pretty cool shots.

Thanks triton3k !

Hello Photographers!

Love your Fujifilm X-Pro1, X-E1, X-M1, X-A1, X100S, X100, X20, X10, X-S1, and XF1? We do too!

Join our community of fellow Fuji X Series photographers to learn more about your Fujifilm X Series digital camera, get great tips and give advice, show off your latest photographs, and share your experiences with these awesome cameras.

Photographers of all types and skill levels are welcome, sign in or create an account below to join in the discussions!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter