Menu Speed X100s (compared to X-Pro1)
  • Since my lovely X-Pro1 received firmware 2.0 (currently 3.01) overall speed has been drastically increased. (focus, menus, writing, etc.) As I am now quite used to using my X-Pro1 almost every day I am finding my relatively new X100s slow compared to the X-Pro1.

Not in regards to Focus, here both are good.
    Not in regards to writing, with good sd cares, both are good.
    But menu-wise, I find the X100s extremely slow. looking forward to your comments..

Roland
    currently no fuji..
    M9 - Summicron-M 50
    www.flickr.com/photos/trustkill24

• basharbashar
    !! strange, X-100s is zappy, what kind of SD card are you using?!
  • K1W1_Mk2K1W1_Mk2
    What firmware is in the X100s?
  • jacjac
    Ok re-read OP. He meant the menus. I'm Not confused anymore :-)
  • basharbashar
    Ok if you hold the menu the x-100s cycles slow,that is probably some software implemented delay for the user to see the menu, maybe the delay factor is shorter on the x-pro1, but if you cycle by hitting the menu for every item, the response of the x-100s is instantaneous , probably faster than the shutter click delay....
  • I am always clicking and not holding the button.. doing this nowhere, not even on my receiver..

X-Pro1 is instantaneous, its even faster reacting than showing it (I mean you can press ok already, even if the cursor hasn´t moved) if you know what you´re doing :-)

X-100s is slower, just my opinion.. why? newer, new processor, etc..
    currently no fuji..
    M9 - Summicron-M 50

• basharbashar
    could be a delay in software, most OS have mini delays implemented in menus.I dont think this is has anything to do with camera speed...emmm! i cant believe i am typing and thinking about this :-S
  • it´s complaining on a high comfort level anyway. just saying..
    I think fuji has done an excellent job by improving the x-pro1 over the last.. 18 months?
    currently no fuji..
    M9 - Summicron-M 50

• basharbashar
    Got ya:) yes they are awesome, to the point that people think they will release an x-100 firmware with x-100s functions, time will tell :)>-

Hello Photographers!

Love your Fujifilm X-Pro1, X-E1, X-M1, X-A1, X100S, X100, X20, X10, X-S1, and XF1? We do too!

Join our community of fellow Fuji X Series photographers to learn more about your Fujifilm X Series digital camera, get great tips and give advice, show off your latest photographs, and share your experiences with these awesome cameras.

Photographers of all types and skill levels are welcome, sign in or create an account below to join in the discussions!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter