johnwillyums

L shaped bracket, and grip enhancer

11 posts in this topic

Hi all, I just purchased this aluminium alloy grip enhancer. 

As you can see it makes for a more substantial hand hold.

This grip enhancer is mounted on an L shaped frame that acts as a rail bracket, for a 29mm, Arca Swiss style, quick release plate tripod.

So, in theory, I would have a better hold on my camera, and I could swiftly mount it, in landscape, or portrait, position, on my tripod, or a monopod (a £50 Amazon, Chinese marvel:-) which can be a monopod as well)

Anyone had experience of these thumb grips? I thought I should have made this post, as soon as I pressed the button. This is distributed by a company called iShoot, but it looks like several under different names. This one, like the official grip, only has only one finger indentation (there seems to be a similar grip with three or four finger indentations)

. There are several on Ebay, although I have bought this through Amazon Market Place, so I can return it if it's crap

It's the wrong way round I know, but if I just bought some rubbish, tell me, and I won't be disappointed :-)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01HM8912U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have one on my X-T1. Best thing that ever happened to it and the grip has not been removed since the day it was installed.

On the X-T1 you have to remove the front grip, screw the baser plate on then put the front grip back on otherwise you can't get the grip positioned over the built in excuse for a grip.

iShoot make very good products. You will have no issues quality wise. I fact you won't be able to tell the difference between it and much more expensive US made products.

1 person likes this

Ah, that's good to know.

Thanks very much, I shall look forward to it's arrival. Cheers, K1W1_Mk2 :-)

Plus Seasons greetings to you and your's, and the same to everyone on this forum. you're all great.

Maybe, having the best gear out there, makes people less fractius ;-)

I use iShoot grips on three of my four Fujis (X-T1,X-Pro1 and X100T) and also find them really well made. I agree that they make carrying the cameras (I prefer a wrist strap to a neck strap) much much easier.  

1 person likes this

According to the tracker, it's on it's way, and should arrive between the 14th to the 27th.

I suspect it will arrive sooner than that, it's currently in Belgium. I think there being overcautious with their estimates.

I'm looking forward to it, and I think it will encourage me to use a tripod, or especially a monopod, for my live band photography.

At the moment I'm using a fake leather half case, just to protect the base really. They are getting pretty good with some faux leather products, well this isn't one of them :-)

Thanks for your input, ChrisPoole, and veejaycee, seasons greetings etc. :-)

7 hours ago, johnwillyums said:

I'm looking forward to it, and I think it will encourage me to use a tripod, or especially a monopod, for my live band photography.

You will find that the better grip is more useful than the ability to connect to a tripod or monopod.

1 person likes this

Yes, I'm hoping so KIWI_Mk2, it does feel precarious in one hand with the existing conformation.

Best wishes to you, and yours, mate :-)

Well, my iShoot handgrip, and L bracket arrived.

This is a well made item, and fits perfectly, there is no play, or movement.

Not only the thumb and hand grip, but the the whole bracket, seem to improve the balance, and ergonomics, of the camera.

All functions of the camera, plus card slots, and battery door, are accessible with the grip mounted.

Well worth the money :-)

I'm not sure if anybody's going to read this on an old thread, but it doesn't seem worth starting another for.

When attaching the above mentioned grip and L plate, I accidently, knocked out the PC Sync cap, and lost it

I read elsewhere, that a specific Nikon pc sync cap, could be obtained from Ebay.

I ordered this Nikon cap set, for a couple of quid. It came today, and there are two caps, both of them too large to fit in an

X-Pro 2 pc sync socket.

Can anybody suggest where I can get one, that will fit.?

Cheers all, John

Amazon has little kits of synch cover, hot shoe cover etc for previous X bodies that should fit.