roryp

Fuji support response time in the UK

roryp   

Hi folks,

I recently acquired a second hand X-T1, it's in good overall shape but the rubber grips have stretched and are peeling. I've tried emailing Fuji's UK support email address to inquire about purchasing replacement grips about five days ago and thus far not heard anything back (not even an automated reply). Does anyone else have any experience of dealing with Fuji's UK support people, are they always this slow? Am I better off phoning them? I've seen folks in other countries have managed to get the parts and do the repair themselves, which is what I'd rather do than pay someone else to do it.

Phone them. Fuji UK (even just after Xmas and new year and in the midst of train/tube strikes) are generally reckoned to give the best service.

BTW. You can get new clothes for your XT1 on ebay/amazon etc.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By dlafon
      Hello,
      I am selling my Fujifilm 16-55mm f/2.8 lens, and it is in beautiful condition. The glass is flawless, and cosmetically the lens looks very much like new with little to no signs of use as you can see in my photos. All functions are working properly. There are some minor rub marks on the plastic lens hood and on the front lens cap. This is a USA version lens. I do not have the box, but the lens will include the original lens hood and lens caps, and the instruction booklets and paperwork. I really like everything about this lens except for its size and weight, so I am going back to a smaller lens. Asking $885 which includes fast and free shipping in the USA by USPS priority or FedEx ground. Paypal, money order, or cashier check are fine for payment. I am new to this site, but have 100% positive feedback on another Fuji forum under the same username, as well as on other well known sites. I am located in SE Wisconsin, USA. Please let me know if I can help with any questions.
      ~Thank you and Happy Holidays
      D Lafon

• By daniel-k
      Hi folks,
      I´m new to the forum and after reading for a while I decided to write my first topic here. Unfortunately it is not exactly a positive one. However, it´s all about exchange of experiences. I´d like to know if others are affected and if there are any ideas how to get rid of the problem.
      Before I start I should mention that I switched to Fuji about 1.5 years ago. Bought a "cheap" X-M1 as extension to my full frame equipment (from a well known Japanese company after sticking with them for almost 20 years). Felt in love with the X-M1, bought an X-T1. Was even more happy until the very day the X-T2 arrived. Since then, this camera is a constant source of disappointment for me. Which is a pity because besides the problem described here the X-T2 is close to perfect.
      After switching from X-T1 to X-T2 I discovered soon that approx. 25-30% of my pictures are blurry, somehow out of focus. First of course I thought that I´m doing something wrong. New "toy", many new options. Easy to make mistakes. I tried a lot to understand what I´m doing wrong but finally wasn´t able to find a problem. However, pictures were still be out of focus quite often. So I started to shot test series with the same settings under same conditions to hopefully get reproducible results. What I got was a wild mix from pin-sharp pictures and really blurry ones. Some result as in everyday photography with my new X-T2. For the test series I used a setup that is comparable to my everyday setup (I do mostly landscapes, so this setup makes most sense for me). Here it is:
      X-T2 on tripod 18-55 lens used with stabilization switched off, set to 18mm ISO set to 400 or 800 (depending on light situation) aperture set to 8, exposure time set to automatic single mid-size or small AF field in the middle of the viewfinder static auto focus (AF-S) priority on focus face detection disabled series of up to 20 pictures, focused on the same object in approx. 25-50 meters distance both, camera and lens on newest firmware During my test shots I found that the DOF-scale in the viewfinder (including the AF distance indicator) was "jumping" around like crazy from one shot to the next. According to this indicator, the AF target was everything between 1.5 meters and infinity away from me. Hey, it´s a balcony on a house. These guys usually don´t move!

!!! Interesting thing is that the problem only occurs if I use the hybrid AF fields in the middle of the view finder. Using the "outside" contrast AF fields the focus works perfectly, without any exceptions !!!
      So, with a heavy heart, I sent the X-T2 together with my 18-55 to Fuji for repair. Got it back after 4 weeks and the repair report mentioned that they have replaced the camera´s main board. So obviously there was something wrong with the camera. After testing for a few days and repeating my test series I found that nothing has changed. Some awkward behavior! I´ve got the chance to test another X-T2 at my camera dealer and it shows the same behavior, even confirmed by the dealer. So I was finally testing with another 18-55, my new 18-135, my 10-24 and some primes borrowed from friends. Same result, the only exception is the 10-24 where the problem occurs  only rarely.
      I sent the X-T2 to Fuji again, got it back yesterday with no parts replaced but they mentioned that they have "adjusted the focus" (however this will work, if at all ). Testing again this morning and again: nothing has changed. Same unacceptable rate of out-of-focus pictures. I went to the dealer today to try another X-T2. Long story short: same behavior.
      Now my X-T2 is on it´s way to Fuji again, for the 3rd time. I own this camera since almost 4 months and it spent more times at Fuji and with UPS so far then in my hands. Frustrating!
      And since I found the same problem with 2 other X-T2 I begin to believe that this is a problem that probably affects the whole series, at least a sub-series. I have no idea.
      After 3rd repair attempt will fail (I´m afraid it will) I have to talk to my dealer again about taking back the X-T2 for refunding.
      To be able to take photos in the meantime I bought a "cheap" X-T10. This camera works like a charm with all my lenses. But I need something more robust, weather sealed with more dedicated controls. A X-T2 with well working AF would be close to my dream camera.
      But so far it isn´t.
      Does anyone have encountered similar problems with X-T2 and comparable setup and lenses?
      Did anyone get any help from Fuji, means a repaired or replaced X-T2?

I will provide a few sample pictures within the next few hours.
      Cheers,
      Daniel

P.S. sorry for the long post. But it´s hard to explain the whole story with just a few words. Sorry also for my "bumpy" English

• By faetheburgh
      Hi there, 
      I'm off to South Africa in April and will be going on a private tours. I hear with private tours that vehicles can get a lot closer to animals. So, I'm pretty sure I will purchase an XF50-140 F2.8 with either a 1.4x or 2x teleconverter to use with my X-T1. 
      Besides this, I'm thinking of buying an X-Pro2 with either the 16-55 F2.8 or a 100-400 F4.5-5.6. I'm not sure which lens to buy. I'm not too fussed with bird photography, so I just wonder how much I really need a 100-400 in a private drive? From my research, dpreview's article here mentioned that just a 70-200 would suffice -https://www.dpreview.com/articles/8065882473/gearing-up-for-an-african-safari 
      Just wondering if anyone has some other views or experience with a private drive? Also, with bean bags and the completely open vehicles - can I even use one, or should I consider a monopod? 

Thanks.

Carl