Ianmac

XT-2 and Lightroom

9 posts in this topic

Im considering selling my XE-2 and XT-1 and purchasing an XT-2.

Im wary, from past problems with lightroom,  in getting it to work with new Fuji Cameras.

Im using Lightroom version 6.8 . I purchased this copy and do not use Adobe's monthly subscription.

Checking the info on version 6.8  it says it accepts the XT-2.

Searching the forum I cant find a definitive answer on this.

May I ask if anyone on the forum is using Lightroom version 6.8 with an XT-2

Yes, that version of LR is correct for XT2 files. I very much recommend you try then Iridient for Windows - Iridient X Transformer. You can use it from within LR but it will export a tiff file into LR. I use IXT as a standalone either opening direct from its own file menu or from my image browser (FastStone) under the Edit with menu. Either way it will convert the raw to DNG (retaing the raw) and do the conversion automatically according to your settings. Below are my IXT settings. Note the LR import NR and sharpen is off. I do my NR and sharpen with nik Define and output sharpen.

Once IXT has done its magic I pen the DNGs in LR.

Iridient seems to have the conversion algorithm right and by avoiding LR sharpen too there is no trace of mushiness in distant foliage. Iridient has a free trial and is anyway very cheap.

Vic

Iridient XT.jpg

1 person likes this

Many thanks Vic,

Ill progress selling my XE2 and XT1 and buying an XT-2.

Ill download Iridient have a good look at it. I also use Faststone.

I agree.  Nothing beats LR for organizing and accessing your photos and for processing most raw files---FUJI X FILES EXCLUDED!  I've messed with most of them and Iridient really has no peer.  Good luck.

Sold XE2 bought XT2

Still deciding what to do with my XT1

Bought Iridient X transformer so now on another learning curve with software and camera

1 hour ago, Ianmac said:

Sold XE2 bought XT2

Still deciding what to do with my XT1

Bought Iridient X transformer so now on another learning curve with software and camera

No learning curve really. First, read the help pages on Iridient. Then unless you have an idea of what your settings should be - set up as per above (or see what others are using) then swap settings to see what changes. You may find my setup to your liking - then again, if you're happy with LR's output - you don't need IXT at all.  Once you have it setup to your liking - which mainly depends on your other processing (esp NR and sharpening) you can leave it setup. I use my IXT setup as a demosaicer. I suppress noise using Nik Define and I sharpen only when everything else is completed, with Nik output sharpener, which removes two things from the equation.

I have experienced a problem with Lightroom and the XT-2.

In the last week I shot 4 to 500 images of the Scotish Six Days International Motorcycle Trial with a combination of my XT-1 and XT-2 . Processing these in lightroom threw up some issues with exposure of images from my XT-2. Some images appeared underexposed with before and after images in the shooting sequence perfect.

After a lot of  plodding I found that XT-2 images shot with AUTO DR, and DR 200 selected by the XT-2, were needing around +1 stop of exposure during lightroom develop processing.

Delving into google revealed this as an issue.

https://www.fujixspot.com/threads/lightroom-and-auto-dr-on-x-t2.6463/

It appears Lightroom does not process the Fuji XT-2 Raw files correctly

Fortunately I had purchased a copy of Iridient so I reprocessed the Fuji raw images through it to DNG and then DNG into lightroom. Iridient  processes the Fuji Raw files perfectly into DNG.

Anyone else experienced this.?

Apologies I initially posted this in the wrong thread XT-20 and Lightroom not XT2 and Lightroom