pHneutral

Fujifilm X-T20 & Lightroom

13 posts in this topic

Hi there!

Later today I'll receive my new X-T20, and I was wondering if any of you here could suggest what the best way is to import the raw files into Lightroom (DNG?), since Lightroom doesn't support the X-T20 yet.

Hope to hear from you and thanks in advance!

Dennis

Adobe have a free converter that will convert RAW images to .DNG. You could use that then import the .DNG files into LR. Keep the RAW files for later on if you want.

The second option is to use an EXIF editor and change the camera info to X-T2 which is supported and as the sensors and camera processing engines are the same the files will be processed in LR just fine.

The third option is to shoot jpeg + RAW and use the jpegs at the moment and worry about the RAW files in a couple of weeks when the next LR and ACR update is released. Adobe have been pretty good getting Fuji compatibility out at about the same time as the cameras hit the streets in the last 12 months or so. 

Don't Fuji have software that will convert for you?

I too get the XT-20 soon and wasn't aware Adobe wasn't able to read them considering that it's the same sensor as the XT-2 and Pro-2.

All that will be required is for Adobe to issue an update which they do every month or so telling their software that a X-T20 is the same as a X-T2 from a processing point of view. Don't blame Adobe for not having a crystal ball and being able to magically know in advance the exact parameters of every new camera before its released.

Yes Fuji supply software and you can go that route if you want but the OP wanted to know how to use the X-T20 with Lightroom.

Thanks people! I've also heard that using a Exif editor to trick Lightroom it's a RAW file from the X-T2 might work. Anyone tried this?

36 minutes ago, pHneutral said:

Thanks people! I've also heard that using a Exif editor to trick Lightroom it's a RAW file from the X-T2 might work. Anyone tried this?

I think that's what Kiwi alludes to in his first response. It's a known work around as is downloading Fuji's DNG converter. Also keep an eye on Iridient X Transformer (Windows) for XT20 updates to their software.

I'm a big fan of Iridient short of the slow rate of processing.  Question, since my computer is an old IMac, and definitely underpowered, has anyone had a good experience with RAR files and Iridient or at least a tolerable one.  I just don't want to spend a bunch more money on a new computer and find that the improvements in processing are minimal at best.

9 minutes ago, rextilleon said:

I'm a big fan of Iridient short of the slow rate of processing.  Question, since my computer is an old IMac, and definitely underpowered, has anyone had a good experience with RAR files and Iridient or at least a tolerable one.  I just don't want to spend a bunch more money on a new computer and find that the improvements in processing are minimal at best.

The new Iridient X transformer for Mac is now available on free trial. Maybe this abbreviated version will work quicker for you. What sort of computing power do you have? My Win 10 PC (below) isn't anything special but it handles all my XP1,XT1 and XE1 IR files and downloaded 24mp X-T20 RAF files and DNG with no problem.

PC.jpg

Never been happy with Lightroom and Fuji X raws--Iridient is the way to go---and I just read that they have a new beta that supports the X-20, 100F, and the new medium format camera.  

9 hours ago, rextilleon said:

Never been happy with Lightroom and Fuji X raws--Iridient is the way to go---and I just read that they have a new beta that supports the X-20, 100F, and the new medium format camera.  

I just posted an example in this thread of an X-T20 file processed through IXT, LR and PS with Nik filters.

I have experienced a problem with Lightroom and the XT-2.

In the last week I shot 4 to 500 images of the Scotish Six Days International Motorcycle Trial with a combination of my XT-1 and XT-2 . Processing these in lightroom threw up some issues with exposure of images from my XT-2. Some images appeared underexposed with before and after images in the shooting sequence perfect.

After a lot of  plodding I found that XT-2 images shot with AUTO DR, and DR 200 selected by the XT-2, were needing around +1 stop of exposure during lightroom develop processing.

Delving into google revealed this as an issue.

https://www.fujixspot.com/threads/lightroom-and-auto-dr-on-x-t2.6463/

It appears Lightroom does not process the Fuji XT-2 Raw files correctly

Fortunately I had purchased a copy of Iridient so I reprocessed the Fuji raw images through it to DNG and then DNG into lightroom. Iridient  processes the Fuji Raw files perfectly into DNG.

Anyone else experienced this.?

One of the reasons not to use in-camera auto DR. I want to know what ISO I'm using rather than have it set so as to allow for DR. It can also play havoc with shutter speeds hitting the input floor or ceiling of auto ISO when it wouldn't do without DR.

Apologies

There was an error in the placement of my earlier my post, it should have gone into the XT-2 and Lightroom thread not this one relating to the XT-20.

I have moved it into the correct thread