11 posts in this topic

Hello,

2 days in Paris with my new X100 F,  5 time's i noticed that the battery cover was open ! (camera on strap around neck)

This i think is a little bit 'weak'. Do more users have 'this problem' ?

Martin

There's no doubt the battery compartment locks could be way better than they are but I haven't come across this problem before.

That sounds like something that's not going to go away, and might even get worse.

I wouldn't have thought you're going to lose the battery, as that is kept in by the little spring clip. However, it would definitely spoil my enjoyment of my new camera.

I presume this has to be a very recent purchase, so, if I were you, I'd get it returned and fixed, as veejaycee says, these locks aren't very good anyway, I've just crossed the room to get mine, (an X-Pro 2 but I bet they're the same), and it does seem to have quite a complex plastic mechanism.
I'd get it sorted out before something happens. If it were hanging open. and you were not aware, it wouldn't take much to mess up and knock the whole door off.

I have never had the battery door on my X100s come open when I have properly closed it in the first place.

The door may appear weak but keep in mind there is no weight on it as the battery and the SD card are both secured in their spots and the only thing the door is holding closed is the door itself which weighs almost nothing. As cameras go it is really no different in strength than any other one for a camera of a similar size.

On the X100s the door is locked with what can best be described as a sliding bolt latch. When the door is open you can slide the latch bolt to the locked position or the unlocked position and it stays there. It is held in place with a small metal clip inside the door that runs up and over a ramp as the latch bolt slides and locates into a groove in the bolt assembly.

Try opening the door and moving the lock to the locked position and then trying to move the sliding bolt back to the open position by pushing on the end of it. You will not break anything but you should feel a definite click as it moves from one position to the other. If you don't feel and hear the click have a look at the inner part of the door and you will see the little clip. Try pushing on the clip (support the door don't break the hinge) and see if it is located correctly. I suspect it may be just slightly bent and not locking into its groove properly.

Well, I bought and used the "F" for a week, then ended up returning it.

Reasons below:

Aperture chatter - I thought this had been fixed...apparently not.

Rear Command Dial - so very stiff to spin... I would end up clicking the "push" feature of it every time.

Battery Door - not secure enough for my liking.

Still a great camera, with wonderful output tho.

Cheers

I don't know about you guys but I am feeling like a very talented guy for being able to use this camera in spite of all these faults.

Hi Sweeze, as I've said before - people don't bother to post saying "my new Fuji is behaving as well as advertised" or "as well as expected". They (understandably post when something goes (apparently) wrong.

It is easy to get a completely false idea of how an item of gear is performing.

How about posting some picture to swing things the other way?

Vic

Edit: I see you already have - is that from the X100F?

1 hour ago, veejaycee said:

Edit: I see you already have - is that from the X100F?

Yup, as tagged. At least the two I threw up today. Everything on this page here is from the first weekend I had it, camera JPEGs all except for the one of the skull and skateboard and the second one of the heart hanging from the ceiling.

https://ephemeral.be/albums/philadelphia/

1 person likes this

Dear Fujifilm lovers, thanks for reply. Don't forget... love my X100 F as a baby !

Here is a photo a took with the X100 F in Paris.

P M M F.jpg

P M M 11 F.jpg

1 person likes this