robthebruce

What I'd like for an X--E3

What I'd like to see on a new X-E3 would be the 24 mg sensor, etc that we have on the X-Pro and T2 - and all those simulations, especially the ACROS one.

But in addition to that I'd like the in-body, telephoto sensor crop so that I could just have my XF 23 1.4 lens on, and then use the sensor crop to get the equivalent of a 35mm lens (50mm FF). Occasionally I like to take just the camera out with only one lens on it for the afternoon or even day, without having to cart around my kit (ie bag of gear), and just having that versatility would be helpful. I like the flatter size of the X-E series and would like to see it continue.  

Edited by robthebruce
Addition made to clarify
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, robthebruce said:

What I'd like to see on a new X-E3 would be the 24 mg sensor, etc that we have on the X-Pro and T2 - and all those simulations, especially the ACROS one.

But in addition to that I'd like the in-body, telephoto sensor crop so that I could just have my XF 23 1.4 lens on, and then use the sensor crop to get the equivalent of a 35mm lens (50mm FF). Occasionally I like to take just the camera out with only one lens on it for the afternoon or even day, without having to cart around my kit (ie bag of gear), and just having that versatility would be helpful. I like the flatter size of the X-E series and would like to see it continue.  

Tilt screen? I hope the size and shape is the same as XE1/2 though. The XT20 is 10° wide and that's just too small for me and many others.

On 3/20/2017 at 6:16 AM, robthebruce said:

I'd also like to see an X-E3 with the telephone sensor crop for the times I want to travel light with one lens.

20 minutes ago, RSHPhotography said:

I'd also like to see an X-E3 with the telephone sensor crop for the times I want to travel light with one lens.

Is that not the same as cropping in computer?

• Like 1

Re: the teleconverter function in the x100F:

"Something inherited from its smaller brother, the now discontinued X-70, is the "Digital Teleconverter". When shooting in jpeg only mode, one can shoot in a 35mm (no teleconverter), 50mm and 70mm cropped mode; all of the focal lengths being full frame equivalent. The image output remains a 24MP file, however some pixel interpolation is done in the background to bump up the file to the original resolution. A close look will reveal some degradation of the final image but it is definitively useable and more than just a gimmick. A shame that it doesn't presently (likely never?) work when shooting RAW."

Quoted from:  http://bjornmoerman.blogspot.com.au/2017/01/first-look-fujifilm-x-100f-review.html

He has sample images showing the differences of each setting from 23mm to 35, to 50 mm of the same scene for comparison.

Additional information can be found at http://fujifilm-dsc.com/en/manual/x100f/shooting/digital-telecon/index.html

To use manual focus on the X100F you would need to switch off the teleconverter function. 

Interesting. It saves carrying the tele-converter as a "just in case" and really does increase the usefulness of this fixed lens camera.

Yes Vic, the x100F has a capability which is overlooked in this regard. It has the standard 23 mm lens, but it can get in very close when set to macro (10cm); switch on the panorama and set to 120 degrees on portrait, and you get a super wide angle lens, then add in the inbuilt tele-converter and in total, the camera offers up to 5 different perspectives. (And if you added on the teleconversion lens it then becomes a 50 and 70 mm FF size.

This being said however, I still need the interchangeability of lenses and I want to avoid carrying two bodies around, so an X-E3 would be me solution. 

On 3/22/2017 at 5:04 PM, veejaycee said:

Is that not the same as cropping in computer?

Yes, obviously it would. But the telephoto feature lets you do the composition as you photograph the image and as you visualize the image at the time, not wait until you're hooked up to your computer.