New owner of an X-T20 here and wondering what lenses those with this camera are using. I am coming from Nikon D7100 with 35mm, 16-85, 300mm lenses and mostly shoot general photography, i.e., travel, street, and I enjoy some macro, etc. I like the Fuji size and image quality much better than Nikon.

The X-T20 is rather small and some of the larger lenses would seem to be unbalanced on the smaller body. Although I have not tried any of the larger lenses on the T20, so I can't say for certain. 

I currently have the 18-55 that came with the camera. The 27 pancake, to me, is a natural for the T20. Curious what other lenses those that have this camera are using and believe work great with this size body?

Although I personally don't like the too small size of the X-T20 there isn't really any such thing as balancing a camera/lens unless it's being used in P&S fixed lens mode with a hand either side - or heaven forbid one-handed. It's okay to use it like that with the shorter lenses and with 27/18 mm there is not much choice but with lenses from the 18-55 upwards the right hand should be holding the camera with finger on shutter while the left hand supports the lens and makes aperture and focus adjustments as necessary - even in full auto mode this is a natural way to shoot.

If a long heavy lens such as 50-140 or 100-400 or 3rd party long lens then it should be mounted and carried by the lens foot/lens tripod mount not the by the camera body.

You can use all the Fuji lenses including the long ones quite safely on the X-T20. A handgrip might give you more confidence.

People either love the 27mm for its compact size and sharpness and even for it's (to me slightly in between) focal length I dislike it not having an aperture ring or scales and its lowly aperture. I'm not a lover of the 18mm either though and yet the pairing of these two are perhaps the ideal walkabout twin set for cities. The zoom is also a good walkaround and a time saver but zooms are not as nice to use as primes IMO.

My personal choice is 14mm, 23mm and 60. sometimes the 90mm is called for and then I substitute the 60 for a Minolta 50mm. My once favoured and still loved 35mm f1.4 is spending too much time in the draw these days.

Many newcomers to Fuji - and existing users - are taken with the new slightly smaller f2 trio of 23, 35 and the new 50mm. All I can say about those - and other lenses - is avoid collecting "sets" of lenses. Think about what you actually need and will actually use. maybe a lens wider than you currently have covered with the zoom. Maybe, a fast option or one slightly longer with a faster aperture for portraits and detail shots. The wider might be 14mm f2.8 or 16mm f1.4 or 10-24 f4 zoom. My preference is still the 14mm but for you, might the 16mm f1.4 be both wider and faster option?  Is the price too much? Then how about the Samyang 12mm f2 (in Fuji fit so no adapter). MF of course but a 12mm hardly needs focusing - focus at 5ft f5.6 and everything from your toes to inf will be sharp. The 12mm f2 is also one of the best for astro photography. Samyang have several fast lenses in Fuji fit now, all MF though. Next would be Fuji 23mm f2 and later 50mm f2 - note the approx doubling of focal lengths 12, 23, 50. I repeat though, only buy what you need and don't buy stopgaps save for what will be your ideal lens. Systems should be built around the best lenses because you will always be updating bodies every couple of models.

Edited by veejaycee

3 hours ago, veejaycee said:

Although I personally don't like the too small size of the X-T20 there isn't really any such thing as balancing a camera/lens unless it's being used in P&S fixed lens mode with a hand either side - or heaven forbid one-handed. It's okay to use it like that with the shorter lenses and with 27/18 mm there is not much choice but with lenses from the 18-55 upwards the right hand should be holding the camera with finger on shutter while the left hand supports the lens and makes aperture and focus adjustments as necessary - even in full auto mode this is a natural way to shoot.

If a long heavy lens such as 50-140 or 100-400 or 3rd party long lens then it should be mounted and carried by the lens foot/lens tripod mount not the by the camera body.

You can use all the Fuji lenses including the long ones quite safely on the X-T20. A handgrip might give you more confidence.

People either love the 27mm for its compact size and sharpness and even for it's (to me slightly in between) focal length I dislike it not having an aperture ring or scales and its lowly aperture. I'm not a lover of the 18mm either though and yet the pairing of these two are perhaps the ideal walkabout twin set for cities. The zoom is also a good walkaround and a time saver but zooms are not as nice to use as primes IMO.

My personal choice is 14mm, 23mm and 60. sometimes the 90mm is called for and then I substitute the 60 for a Minolta 50mm. My once favoured and still loved 35mm f1.4 is spending too much time in the draw these days.

Many newcomers to Fuji - and existing users - are taken with the new slightly smaller f2 trio of 23, 35 and the new 50mm. All I can say about those - and other lenses - is avoid collecting "sets" of lenses. Think about what you actually need and will actually use. maybe a lens wider than you currently have covered with the zoom. Maybe, a fast option or one slightly longer with a faster aperture for portraits and detail shots. The wider might be 14mm f2.8 or 16mm f1.4 or 10-24 f4 zoom. My preference is still the 14mm but for you, might the 16mm f1.4 be both wider and faster option?  Is the price too much? Then how about the Samyang 12mm f2 (in Fuji fit so no adapter). MF of course but a 12mm hardly needs focusing - focus at 5ft f5.6 and everything from your toes to inf will be sharp. The 12mm f2 is also one of the best for astro photography. Samyang have several fast lenses in Fuji fit now, all MF though. Next would be Fuji 23mm f2 and later 50mm f2 - note the approx doubling of focal lengths 12, 23, 50. I repeat though, only buy what you need and don't buy stopgaps save for what will be your ideal lens. Systems should be built around the best lenses because you will always be updating bodies every couple of models.

Thanks - good suggestions. I am going to take my time on deciding my next lens purchase. At the moment, I am leaning toward a fast prime for low light conditions and use the 18-55 for awhile and see what happens.