Fujifilm UK is clearly not interested in establishing good customer relations with Fuji users.  A couple of years ago the charger for my X100s packed in - this was, apparently, a common problem (although Fuji had not recalled the chargers, as they should have done), and the charger was replaced.  This week I found that the replacement charger had failed, but this time, when I contacted the company, I was told I would have to buy a charger at the totally exorbitant price of £69.98!  £69.98 for another charger which may not last any longer than a couple of years!  Naturally, I'll be buying a third party charger and batteries from this point on, for both of my Fuji cameras - so, in the end, Fuji will be losing.

1 hour ago, fanofuji said:

Fujifilm UK is clearly not interested in establishing good customer relations with Fuji users.  A couple of years ago the charger for my X100s packed in - this was, apparently, a common problem (although Fuji had not recalled the chargers, as they should have done), and the charger was replaced.  This week I found that the replacement charger had failed, but this time, when I contacted the company, I was told I would have to buy a charger at the totally exorbitant price of £69.98!  £69.98 for another charger which may not last any longer than a couple of years!  Naturally, I'll be buying a third party charger and batteries from this point on, for both of my Fuji cameras - so, in the end, Fuji will be losing.

Sorry to hear that.  I had to return a number of cameras and lenses to Fuji for warranty issues, and always found them to be helpful and efficient.  However, obviously they regard your issue as outside warranty, and therefore expect you to pay.  For the relatively modest cost of Fuji or offering you a replacement, they have alienated you, which is a shame - although I have heard far worse stories from other brands (which I own and use), including a lens construction issue which required the user to pay a fee into the £100s to have a loose part fixed by the application of some tape to some internal anchoring pins!

Like artuk, I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Fujifilm UK. I have had dealings with Fujifilm USA and found the staff to be very friendly, informative and helpful. 

The camera is four years old how long is a manufacturer either supposed to or legally required to cover something like a basic charger under warranty?

When my X100s charger packed up 12 months ago I went to the local electronics store and got a generic replacement charger that is 100 times better than the Fuji unit (runs on AC plus DC from the car, charges multiple batteries with adjustable pins, auto sensing polarity, LCD display, USB charger port) for less than the cost of the time and postage involved in sending the original one back to Fuji.

• Like 3

On 03/04/2017 at 5:34 PM, fanofuji said:

I don't see how Fuji would be losing by not supplying you with yet another free charger.

I agree with Kiwi, I think you are expecting far too much after this time.

The only way you can hurt Fuji is to not buy their cameras/lenses (and they won't notice it for a second) and that will be cutting off your nose to spite your face.

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 7:25 AM, K1W1_Mk2 said:

The camera is four years old how long is a manufacturer either supposed to or legally required to cover something like a basic charger under warranty?

When my X100s charger packed up 12 months ago I went to the local electronics store and got a generic replacement charger that is 100 times better than the Fuji unit (runs on AC plus DC from the car, charges multiple batteries with adjustable pins, auto sensing polarity, LCD display, USB charger port) for less than the cost of the time and postage involved in sending the original one back to Fuji.

I have a "hahnel" branded universal charger which allows it be adjusted to charge almost any camera battery, and as you say they are much cheaper than branded ones.  USB charging is also an advantage in these / some situations. I remember buying a cheap Fuji specific charger that had pins for all continents that cost less than £10... so your point is very valid.

I have an x100S and a couple of other Fuji xcams that share common batteries and chargers.

So far I have not had a  Fuji charger failure,

It is self-evident that responding users so far are knowledgeable enough to determine the aptness

of an after-market model.

Some are not, and in the absence of trusted advice, should play it safe.