Sign in to follow this  
RSHPhotography

Ally in Astia film simulation

MadDog   

Yes the Astia simulator is great.  How did you get this shot?  Did you use a softbox or white reflector to get the even, shadowless lighting?  Great job by the way.

On 4/8/2017 at 9:50 PM, MadDog said:

Yes the Astia simulator is great.  How did you get this shot?  Did you use a softbox or white reflector to get the even, shadowless lighting?  Great job by the way.

Thank you. This is natural light coming from a window to the left of the model as well as obviously from behind her. 

On 4/9/2017 at 10:21 AM, Conroe_Keith said:

Excellent. Did you use a light meter? If yes what was the ratio of flash to ambient light? Cheers.

No, I used the X-E2 meter, possibly with a bit of fill-in light from the camera flash filed by -2

1 minute ago, RSHPhotography said:

Thank you. This is natural light coming from a window to the left of the model as well as obviously from behind her. 

I may have used a bit of fill-in light from the camera flash dialed back -2.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By robthebruce
      What I'd like to see on a new X-E3 would be the 24 mg sensor, etc that we have on the X-Pro and T2 - and all those simulations, especially the ACROS one.
      But in addition to that I'd like the in-body, telephoto sensor crop so that I could just have my XF 23 1.4 lens on, and then use the sensor crop to get the equivalent of a 35mm lens (50mm FF). Occasionally I like to take just the camera out with only one lens on it for the afternoon or even day, without having to cart around my kit (ie bag of gear), and just having that versatility would be helpful. I like the flatter size of the X-E series and would like to see it continue.  
    • By RSHPhotography
      I notice the new X100F (as well as the X-Pro2 and X-T2) use a battery called the NP-W126S. Will this battery be interchangeable with the NP-W126 used by my X-E2?
    • By easycass
      Hi folks, just for my own personal indulgence, I threw together this rough composite image of what I 'wish' for in the X-E3, should Fuji ever build one. Just a mock-up for a bit of fun...

For those of us that favour a smaller range-finder camera than the X Pro 2, but with the compactness of the X100F, and the facilities of the X-T2, that is where the X-E3 slots in. And the specs, well, here are my selfish desires...
      24MP X-Trans Sensor Same battery as X-T2/X Pro 2/X100F Button-layout similar to X100F/X-T2 Focus point joystick / Two control dials ISO combined with Shutter Speed Dial / Q-Menu Button Assignable Weather-resistant High-spec EVF similar to X-T2 Fast Single Shot-to-Shot time <0.2s Better grip, similar to X-T2, maybe a touch slimmer Two memory card slots, although might make the camera too fat! Things I personally don't need, but some people do...
      Flash Articulating screen Touch screen 4K Video I am sure many people will have differing opinions on this. I have no need to argue with anyone else's wishes, the more the merrier I say! I really only post this to throw some more 'positive-energy' towards Fujifilm in the hope they do produce an X-E3 sometime soon...