5 posts in this topic

Hello 

I need some advice please.

I am looking to get the samyang 10mm f2.8 for my Fujifilm XT2 but here is my dilemma.

I also have a Canon 5D Mark 3 and I'm thinking if I get the Canon version of the lens and not the X mount I can then get an adapter and use it on both. 

So will using the Canon version on the Fuji give me any less image quality than getting the dedicated Fuji version or can I kill 2 birds with 1 stone with no problems.

Thanks

6 hours ago, kgkigiiii said:

Good point. 10mm on a full frame would be insanely wide.

Not really that. The image circle of an APS lens would not cover a full frame so the image would be heavily vignetted. You can use FF lenses on APS though because the opposite is true and APS would only use the central area of the FF lens - the best part. The big guns have long had primes and zooms in the extreme wide angle 10-12mm range.

Those WAs are too much for me though. It took me a while to be comfortable with the Fuji 14mm when there was no 16mm (24mm equiv) but now I love it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Gallery Photograph

• Latest Forum Posts

• Similar Content

• By veejaycee
      X-T2 version 2.00 & X-Pro2 version 3.00 – due late March 2017
      1. Shooting RAW in Bracketing and Advanced Filters
      The update enables you to use the RAW format when shooting not only in AE Bracketing but also in other Bracketing modes (ISO, Dynamic Range, White Balance, Film Simulaitons) and also in Advanced Filter modes. 2. Extended ISO 125 and 160 selectable
      The update adds ISO125 and ISO160 to extended ISO levels available. 3. Programmable long exposure of up to 15 minutes
      Long exposure in the T mode currently goes only up to 30 seconds. The update will allow users to extend it up to 15 minutes. 4. ON/OFF for 1/3-step shutter speed adjustment (X-T2 only – already in X-Pro2)
      The update allows you to turn off the Command Dial’s function to adjust shutter speed by 1/3 steps in order to prevent unintended adjustments. 5. Full-range ISO adjustments with the Command Dial (X-T2 only)
      With the update, set the ISO “A” position to “Command” to adjust ISO sensitivity across the full range, including extended ISOs, with the Front Command Dial. 6. “AUTO” setting added for the minimum shutter speed in the ISO Auto setting
      The update adds an AUTO option for the minimum shutter speed in the ISO Auto setting, that allows the camera to automatically define the minimum shutter speed according to the focal length of the lens attached. 7. Faster “Face Detection AF”
      The update enables the use of Phase Detection AF for faster performance in Face Detection AF. 8. Improved in-focus indication in the AF-C mode
      The update reduces focus hunting in the AF-C mode, making it easier to track a subject. 9. Addition of a smaller Focus Point size in Single Point AF
      The update adds a smaller Focus Point size in Single Point AF, bringing the total number of available sizes to six. The new smallest size facilitates pin-point focusing. 10. Addition of “AF Point Display” (X-Pro2 only – already on X-T2)
      With the update, you can choose to have AF Points constantly displayed in Zone AF and Wide / Tracking AF, making it easier to track a subject. 11. Addition of “AF-C Custom Setting” (X-Pro2 only – already on X-T2)
      The update adds “AF-C Custom Setting” for specifying focus-tracking characteristics. Choose from five presets according to your subject’s type of movements. 12. Addition of “Portrait / Landscape AF Mode Switching” (X-T2 only)
      The update allows you to specify separate AF mode and AF point settings for portrait orientation and landscape orientation. 13. Change of focus frame position while enlarging it
      The update allows you to move the position of focus frame while enlarging it in Single Point in the AF-S mode or in the Manual Focus 14. Activation of the Eye Sensor in video recording (X-T2 only)
      The update allows you to use the Eye Sensor during video recording to automatically switch between EVF and LCD. 15. Change of ISO sensitivity during video recording (X-T2 only)
      The update allows you to change ISO setting during video recording. 16. Re-autofocusing in video recording
      With the update, half-press the Shutter Release button or press the button assigned to “AF-ON” function during video recording to re-do autofocusing. 17. Display live histogram during video recording (X-T2 only)
      The update allows you to display a live histogram during video recording. 18. Optimization of external microphone’s input level (X-T2 only)
      The update optimizes external microphone’s input level (lower limit revised from -12dB to 20dB) to reduce white noise when an external microphone with preamp is connected. 19. Addition of “Eye Sensor + LCD Image Display” in the View Mode
      The update gives the “Eye Sensor + LCD Image Display” option in the View Mode that allows you to shoot through the viewfinder and check images on the LCD, just as you would with an SLR. 20. Shorter EVF display time-lag (X-Pro2 only – already in X-T2)
      The update shortens EVF’s display time-lag in the AF-C mode so that you will not miss a photo opportunity. 21. Constant “Dual” mode display (X-T2 only)
      With the update, the small window in the Dual mode stays on even when you half-press the shutter release button. 22. Automatic vertical GUI for LCD (X-T2 only)
      With the update, when you hold the camera in the portrait orientation, the camera will automatically display the GUI on the LCD in the same orientation. 23. Name Custom Settings
      The update allows you to assign a specific name to Custom Settings 1 – 7. 24. Copyright information in EXIF data
      The update allows you to register the photographer’s name and the copyright holder’s name in advance so that the camera automatically adds the information to EXIF data for each image. 25. Voice Memo function
      The update enable you to record 30-second “Voice Memo” clips in the Playback mode. 26. Extended AE Bracketing
      The update extends AE Bracketing from the current 3 frames +/-2EV to up to 9 frames +/-3EV. 27. Addition of “Shoot Without Card” mode
      With the update, you can have the “Shoot Without Card” mode turned OFF so that the camera can not shoot when there is no SD card inserted. X-T2 version 2.10 & X-Pro2 version 3.10 – late May 2017
      28. Support for computer tethering via Wi-Fi (X-T2 only)
      The update adds support for computer tethering via Wi-Fi. 29. Addition of “All” AF mode (X-T2 only)
      With the update, select “All” in the AF mode so that you can select the AF mode and Focus Area size by only using the Command Dial. 30. Function extension for “Shutter AF” and “Shutter AE” (X-T2 only)
      With the update, you can specify different settings for AF-S and AF-C in “Shutter AF” and for AF-S / MF and AF-C in “Shutter AE.” 31. Addition of “-6” and “-7” to EVF’s brightness setting
      Additional options of “-6” and “-7” to the “EVF Brightness” setting so that, even in an extremely low-light condition, the brightness of the EVF does not distract you from shooting. 32. Switchover of the main and sub displays in the Dual Display mode (X-T2 only)
      The update allows you to switch between the main and sub displays in the Dual Display mode. 33. Function assignment to the Rear Command Dial
      With the update, you can assign a specific function to be activated when the Rear Command Dial is pressed.
    • By Steve MacDonald
      Hello,
      I wanted to let all Fujifilm X Pro 2 owners know that I have written a 60 page ebook that covers how to setup your X Pro 2 to shoot video.
      This guide is written for the photographer that owns the X Pro 2, and is wanting to learn the video side of this camera to add that skill set to his or her arsenal! This guide covers all aspects of setting up the X Pro 2 to shoot video for any occasion. 
      I appreciate all your support! 
      Here is the link: https://fujilove.com/fujifilm-x-pro2-video-setup-guide/

• By XWing0949
      I am selling one Fujifilm X-Pro2 (Black) Camera Body for $1450 or best offer.

Cash (local pickup, item is located in Sacramento, CA, United States) or PayPal only. Will ship to verified PayPal shipping address only.

This camera is used and I am the first & only original owner.

Please be aware of other people selling similar camera for less, as they are most likely import models and warranty not honored in United States. I have receipt & proof of sale from B&H Photo where I originally purchased this camera new.

Note: I made a small modification to the rear AFL button. Basically, I custom sculpted some black Sugru to enhance the tactile feel of the AFL button. Without it, I found the AFL button very flushed with the rear thumb grip area and hard to feel. After this modification, it is MUCH EASIER to feel for the AFL button to do back button focus and it is also easier to press the button from various thumb positions. The modification is very well sculpted by myself and I think it appear stock as if the camera was made with it. FYI, Sugru is a pliable silicone material and can be easily removed by peeling off and rubbing off the residue which may or may not be left when removed. Either way, this modification is easily reversible, please let me know if you want me to remove it or leave it on.. I think whoever owns and uses this camera will appreciate the modification.

Camera body is excellent condition. Exhibits little to no signs of wear. No damage, scratches or blemishes that are note worthy. There might be some VERY few & VERY faint scratches, they are really hard to even notice and I would say such minimal signs of usage are going to be in these locations eventually no matter how hard you try to baby the camera, and I take care of my camera gear very well. Camera is fully functional and operates perfectly. As of 2/10/2017, camera has latest firmware v2.01 already updated and installed. Camera is complete with all original packaging and accessories as it should come with from manufacturer (NP-W126 Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery, Battery Charger & Power Cord, body cap, hot shoe cover, PC sync port cap, neck strap & lug attachments, owner's manual & warranty papers).

I also already have an Expert Shield Crystal Clear Screen Protector applied to the rear screen.

I guess I can only upload basically 1 photo. Contact me for more images or any inquires. Thanks.

If you're seriously looking into this camera, I will assume you most likely know something about this camera.

- Latest generation of
      To those who don't know, let me point out some of the finer points and advantages to the X-Pro2 sensor technology, 24mp X TransX Trans- Latest generation
      3ofin camera processor, X Processor Pro
      -ACROS B&W Film Simulation
      - Dual Card Slots
      - Highest Rear Screen Resolution of all X cameras
      - One of the fastest EVF refresh rate, 85fps, second to the X-T2.. but 85 fps is plenty fast, nearly ZERO lag time, very responsive
      - Hybrid Viewfinder that included both an Electronic Viewfinder (EVF) and an Optical Viewfinder (OVF)
      - Electronic Rangefinder (ERF) with OVF make it possible to both confirm focus and manually focus with OVF
      - Focus Point Joystick - easier faster manipulation of AF point as well as menu navigation
      - Weather Resistant (WR) build
      - One of the fastest autofocusing mirrorless camera to date, 91 POINTS(7x13) and 325 POINTS(13x25)
      - Improvement of phase detection AF accuracy. By employing the new AF algorithm used in the X-T2, the AF accuracy has been improved.

Sale of this item is final, so please ask any questions before committing to purchase.

If you would like to discuss a best offer for this X-Pro2 camera body, please contact me directly to discuss. Thanks.

INCLUDED:
      Owner's manual
      Clip attaching tool
      Protective cover
      Strap clip
      Body cap 
      Shoulder strap
      Battery Charger BC-W126
      Accessories included Li-ion battery NP-W126

SPECIFICATIONS:
      Starting up period Approx 0.4sec.
      Operating Humidity 10 - 80% (no condensation)
      Operating Temperature -10°C - +40°C / +32°F - +104°F
      Approx. 445g / 17.5 oz. (excluding accessories, battery and memory card)
      Weight Approx. 495g / 15.7 oz. (including battery and memory card)
      (Minimum depth: 34.8mm / 1.4 in.)
      Dimensions 140.5mm (W) x 82.8mm (H) x 45.9mm (D) / 5.5in. (W) x 3.3in. (H) x 1.8in. (D) 
      Approx. 80 min.
      *Face detection is set to OFF
      Continuance battery life of movie capture*4
      Approx. 55 min.
      *Face detection is set to OFF
      Actual battery life of movie capture*4
      Approx. 250 / 350 frames (EVF / OVF, When XF35mmF1.4 R is set) *4
      Battery life for still images*4
      Power supply NP-W126 Li-ion battery (included)
      Hot shoe, Syncronized terminal *Mechanical release S1 button
      Microphone / shutter release input: ø2.5mm, stereo mini connector 
      Others
      HDMI micro connector (Type D)
      HDMI output
      * connectable with Remote Release RR-90 (sold separately)
      USB 2.0 High-Speed / Micro USB
      Digital interface
      Terminal 
      Other functions Exif Print, PRINT Image Matching II, Language(35 languages including JP / EN), Time difference, exposure preview on LCD during Manual mode, EVF brightness, EVF color, LCD brightness, LCD color, Mode effect on monitor, Customize
      Wireless function Geotagging, Wireless communication (Image transfer), View & Obtain Images, Remote camera shooting, PC Autosave, instax printer print
      Infrastructure
      Access mode
      WEP / WPA / WPA2 mixed mode
      Encryption
      IEEE 802.11b / g / n (standard wireless protocol)
      Standard
      Wireless transmitter 
      Advanced filter Toy camera / Miniature / Pop color / High-key / Low-key / Dynamic tone / Soft focus / Partial color (Red / Orange / Yellow / Green / Blue / Purple)
      ISO restriction(DR100% : No limit, DR200% : ISO400 or more, DR400% : ISO800 ore more )
      Dynamic range setting AUTO, 100%, 200%, 400%
      Film Simulation mode 15 modes (PROVIA / Standard, Velvia / Vivid, ASTIA / Soft, CLASSIC CHROME, PRO Neg.Hi, PRO Neg.Std, Black& White, Black& White+Ye Filter, Black& White+R Filter, Black& White+GFilter, Sepia, ACROS, ACROS+Ye Filter, ACROS+R Filter, ACROS+G Filter)
      * Use a card with SD Speed Class with class 10 or higher
      HD 1280x720 60p / 50p / 30p / 25p / 24p up to 28 min
      Movie recording Full HD 1920x1080 60p / 50p / 30p / 25p / 24p up to 14 min.
      LCD monitor 3.0-inch, aspect ratio 3:2, approx 1.62 millions dots
      Built-in eye sensor
      Diagonal angle of view : approx 29.1°(Horizontal angle of view : approx 24.4°) 
      Magnification : 0.59x with 50 mm lens (35mm equivalent) at infinity and diopter set to -1.0m-1 
      Eyepoint : approx 16mm(from the rear end of the camera's eyepiece) Diopter adjustment : -4 to +2m-1 
      0.48-in TFT color viewfinder Approx 2.36 millions dots(4:3) Coverage of viewing area vs. capturing area : approx. 100% 
      EVF
      Coverage of frame area v.s. capturing area: approx.92% Magnifications approx x0.36 / x0.60
      Reverse Galilean viewfinder with electronic bright frame display 
      OVF
      Viewfinder 
      Hot shoe Yes (Dedicated TTL Flash compatible)
      * Red-eye removal is active when Face Detection is set to ON.
      Red-eye Reduction Auto / Red-eye Reduction & Forced Flash / Red-eye Reduction & Slow Synchro / Suppressed Flash / Red-eye Reduction & Rear-curtain Synchro / Commander
      Red-eye removal ON
      Auto / Forced Flash / Slow Synchro / Suppressed Flash / Rear-curtain Synchro / Commander
      Red-eye removal OFF
      Flash modes 
      Interval timer shooting Yes (Setting : Interval, Number of shots, Starting time)
      Self-timer 10 sec. / 2 sec. Delay
      Preset : Fine, Shade, Fluorescent light (Daylight), Fluorescent light (Warm White), Fluorescent light (Cool White), Incandescent light, Underwater
      Custom1 to 3 / Color temperature selection(2500K - 10000K) / 
      White balance Automatic Scene recognition / 
      * AF-C : Tracking
      * AF-S : Wide
      Wide/Tracking AF:(up to 18 area) 
      Zone AF:3×3/5×5/7×7 from 91 areas on 13x 7 grid
      Single point AF:EVF/LCD/OVF:13x7/25x13(Changeable size of AF frame among 5 types)
      FUJIFILM X-Pro2 with Firmware Ver.2.00 or later 
      * AF-C : Tracking
      * AF-S : Wide
      Wide / Tracking AF : (up to 18 area) 
      Zone AF : 3x3 / 5x5 / 7x7 from 77 areas on 11x 7 grid,
      Single point AF : EVF / LCD / OVF : 11x7/21x13(Changeable size of AF frame among 5 types), 
      FUJIFILM X-Pro2 with Firmware Ver.1.00
      AF frame selection
      Intelligent Hybrid AF (TTL contrast AF / TTL phase detection AF)
      type
      Single AF / Continuous AF / MF
      mode
      Focus 
      White Balance Bracketing (±1 / ±2 / ±3)
      ISO sensitivity Bracketing (±1/3EV / ±2/3EV / ±1EV) 
      Dynamic Range Bracketing (100% · 200% · 400%)
      Film simulation bracketing(Any 3 types of film simulation selectable) 
      Auto bracketing AE Bracketing(±2EV / ±5/3EV / ±4/3EV / ±1EV / ±2/3EV / ±1/3EV) 
      * Speed of continuous shooting depends on shooting environment and shooting frames
      * recordable frames depends on recording media
      Approx 3.0 fps(JPEG : endless Lossless Compression RAW : endless Uncompressed RAW : 36 frames)
      Continuous shooting Approx. 8.0 fps(JPEG : 83 frames Lossless compression RAW : 33 frames Uncompressed RAW : 27 frames)
      1/250 sec. or slower
      Synchronized shutter speed for flash
      Bulb mode(up to 60 min), TIME : 30 sec. to 1/32000 sec.
      4 sec. to 1/32000 sec.(P mode), 30 sec. to 1/32000 sec.(All modes)
      Mechanical + Electronic Shutter
      Bulb mode : 1 sec. fixed, TIME : 1 sec to 1/32000sec
      1 sec. to 1/32000 sec.(P / A / S / M modes)
      Electronic Shutter*3
      Bulb mode(up to 60 min), TIME : 30 sec. to 1/8000 sec.
      4 sec. to 1/8000 sec.(P mode), 30 sec. to 1/8000 sec.(All modes)
      Mechanical Shutter
      Shutter speed 
      Image Stabilizer Supported with OIS type lenses
      (movie recording : -2.0EV - +2.0EV)
      Exposure compensation -5.0EV - +5.0EV, 1/3EV step
      Exposure mode P(Program AE) / A(Aperture Priority AE) / S(Shutter Speed Priority AE) / M(Manual Exposure)
      Exposure control TTL 256-zone metering, Multi / Spot / Average / Center Weighted
      Extended output sensitivity : ISO100 / 25600 / 51200
      Sensitivity AUTO1 / AUTO2 / AUTO3(up to ISO12800) / ISO200 to 12800(1/3 step)(Standard Output Sensitivity)
      Lens mount FUJIFILM X mount
      S: (3:2) 3008 x 2000 / (16:9) 3008 x 1688 / (1:1) 2000 x 2000
      M: (3:2) 4240 x 2832 / (16:9) 4240 x 2384 / (1:1) 2832 x 2832
      L: (3:2) 6000 x 4000 / (16:9) 6000 x 3376 / (1:1) 4000 x 4000
      Number of recorded pixels 
      Audio: Linear PCM/ Stereo sound 48KHz sampling
      Movie Video Compression: MPEG-4 AVC / H.264
      Movie File Format: MOD
      Movie
      JPEG (Exif Ver.2.3)*2, RAW : 14bit RAW(RAF original format), RAW+JPEG (Design rule for Camera File system compliant / DPOF-compatible)
      Still image
      File format 
      UHS-I/UHS-II(Only Slot 1)*1
      Storage media SD memory card(up to 2GB) / SDHC memory card(up to 32GB) / SDXC memory card( to 256GB)
      Ultra Sonic Vibration
      Sensor Cleaning system
      Image sensor 23.6mm x 15.6mm(APS-C)X-Trans CMOS III with primary color filter.
      Number of effective pixels 24.3 millions pixels
      Model Name FUJIFILM X-Pro2

• Language Translation