Hello 

I need some advice please.

I am looking to get the samyang 10mm f2.8 for my Fujifilm XT2 but here is my dilemma.

I also have a Canon 5D Mark 3 and I'm thinking if I get the Canon version of the lens and not the X mount I can then get an adapter and use it on both. 

So will using the Canon version on the Fuji give me any less image quality than getting the dedicated Fuji version or can I kill 2 birds with 1 stone with no problems.

Thanks

6 hours ago, kgkigiiii said:

Good point. 10mm on a full frame would be insanely wide.

Not really that. The image circle of an APS lens would not cover a full frame so the image would be heavily vignetted. You can use FF lenses on APS though because the opposite is true and APS would only use the central area of the FF lens - the best part. The big guns have long had primes and zooms in the extreme wide angle 10-12mm range.

Those WAs are too much for me though. It took me a while to be comfortable with the Fuji 14mm when there was no 16mm (24mm equiv) but now I love it.

AdamW   
On 4/17/2017 at 6:53 AM, LazarouINC said:

So will using the Canon version on the Fuji give me any less image quality than getting the dedicated Fuji version or can I kill 2 birds with 1 stone with no problems.

You should notice no loss of image quality.

Your 10mm on Canon will be 15mm on Fuji.  That's about it.

I have 8mm Rokinon with Fuji mount (so adapter not needed).  Thus 12mm on my XT1/XT2.  180 degree fish eye.  It's a blast to use.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Roger B
      Newbie to X100F here...
      Coming over from Canon I was wondering if my off camera Pocket Wizard Flex5/Flex3/AC3 Zone controller with Canon speedlites will work on the X100F?
      I don't need TTL, but it would be nice to use gear that I already have...and I don't really want to run back and forth doing things manually (yeah...lazy Canon user)
      My plan B would be an Odin II with three Lumopro 180R. TIA
      Regards,
    • By ishrios
      Hey, Guys just wanted to post this and let you know that I just got my Meike X-T2 grip for my X-T2. 
      I was looking for a third party handgrip because the OEM Fuji grips are ridiculously priced. And the current third party grips that are available look cheap and cheesy.
      I saw this Meike was new on Amazon so I gave it a go @ $45 it looks just like the OEM XT-2 model. The build quality is solid and it feels great, the grip also works as a tripod plate!
      The Grip part is made of plastic, not rubber, I like this because it looks like it can hold up very well long term.
      Anyways for the price, this is a must for any XT-2 User. 
      Enjoy.
      Meike X-T2 Grip

www.Ishriosphoto.com
      XT-2,XT-1,X100T

• By dlafon
      Hello,
      I am selling my Fujifilm 16-55mm f/2.8 lens, and it is in beautiful condition. The glass is flawless, and cosmetically the lens looks very much like new with little to no signs of use as you can see in my photos. All functions are working properly. There are some minor rub marks on the plastic lens hood and on the front lens cap. This is a USA version lens. I do not have the box, but the lens will include the original lens hood and lens caps, and the instruction booklets and paperwork. I really like everything about this lens except for its size and weight, so I am going back to a smaller lens. Asking $885 which includes fast and free shipping in the USA by USPS priority or FedEx ground. Paypal, money order, or cashier check are fine for payment. I am new to this site, but have 100% positive feedback on another Fuji forum under the same username, as well as on other well known sites. I am located in SE Wisconsin, USA. Please let me know if I can help with any questions.
      ~Thank you and Happy Holidays
      D Lafon