elandel

X-PRO HEAVY GAS ATTACK

9 posts in this topic

Hi all. I'M new to this forum and writing from Italy. I have an X-T1 and X-T20 but The more I look at it the more I'M intrigued by the X-Pros (xpro2 is out of my budget and not necessary for me). I really would like to get an xpro but wondering if it is worth it. I mean is the IQ and handling the same as the xt1? I'M asking because I read mixed feelings about it.

I would use it mainly with primes and for travel.

I guess it's just gas but it takes me in a way I cannot explain. 

1 person likes this

I was an early adopter of the X-Pro1 then bought an XT1 which was my action camera. I now have an XT2. I would have preferred an XP2 but I also wanted the larger viewfinder and tilt screen (I don't bend easily). However, after handling the multi-featured XT2 and working out how to set the auto features, then to override the parameters I realised why I love the simplicity of my X-Pro1. Forget speed settings, the pro isn't fast enough for serious stuff. Keep it for street and general shooting and as a second body for when a 2 camera 2 lens setup is necessary (events etc).

As a result, and for those reasons I'm selling the XT1 and keeping my XP1.

I'm not sure you will make use of it when you have two other bodies though. Whichever way you look at it, one body will always be left at home.

However, I would not talk anyone out of buying an X-pro1. If you pick one up, you'll probably not put it down.

Vic

I understand your feelings. It's a love affair with xp1 so I think I'll just get one, used maybe then decide if/or I will sell another body.

2 hours ago, elandel said:

I understand your feelings. It's a love affair with xp1 so I think I'll just get one, used maybe then decide if/or I will sell another body.

At least, if you buy a used one you won't lose much - if anything.

Here where I live it's difficult to find a  new one and I really don't even how if it's convenient.

I have an X-T1 and recently bought a nice second hand X Pro1 for silly money when the X Pro2 came out. When I take both cameras out, I use the X Pro for short zoom shooting and the X T1 with the 100-400 zoom. It saves swapping lenses all the time. 

I occasionally use my XP1 with both XF zooms but it is much more enjoyable to use with primes - especially for street style. I'm about to sell my 18-55mm to offset the cost of my recently purchased 16-55 f2.8.R  No doubt I shall miss the smaller zoom and its OIS at some stage but I only used OIS for very low light handheld shots at the wide end and even then one is dependent on there being no movement within the scene where a fast prime is needed so I'll use my primes and accept that no lens - or even two or three lenses and tripod - can cope with low light, movement and good DoF without the use of flash and loss of ambience.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, elandel said:

Xpro1 and 18mm just arrived.

Enjoy it, you will find a difference in handling and if you wear glasses, you may need a diopter lens for the viewfinder. Fuji don't make them anymore but the Nikon series of diopters fit. I found mine on eBay.