I am at the moment a Panasonic owner with GH4 & GX8 and various lens etc,so am looking for a compact camera (x100f) springs to mind but what is holding me back are reports on several forums of quality control problems

Rolocollie,

I don't know if this forum can assuage your fears, because anecdotally we all have had great experiences and also some issues with Fuji gear. I can't comment on the (higher or lower) incidence of QC problems on Fujis though, a true measure would require a thorough study with a relevant sample size. For every user on a forum that complains about issues, there may be many other satisfied users that remain silent, so you may be hearing the squeakiest wheels, perhaps. Again, this is my opinion, more erudite persons than I may have substantially tangible information. 

I can attest though, that when I experienced an issue, Fuji fixed it in a timely manner with minimal hassles. (Also Fuji repair facility is very close to me, so I can make a trip).  

• Like 2

Well took the plunge & purchased a x100f several days after purchase noticed debris behind front lens element well to cut a story story returned it to dealer who offered mr the demo camera being the only one in stock but on examination this was far worse then my one any way replacement was picked up yesterday and seems to be ok it is a lovely piece of kit