ishrios

IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET ACROS LIKE IMAGES FROM THE X100T?

ishrios   

Howdy fellow X100 users..

I currently own a X100t and I was curious to know if any of you who have shot with the cameras that have the Acros simulation have been able to replicate the same type of image style just by adjusting the settings on the X100t? 

If so or if this is even possible would you be willing to share those settings? 

thanks!

Get the Google Nik suite. Silver FX has an Acros simulation under the heading "Film types". You can use Nik filters as stand alones if you don't use software that accepts them as a plugin.

• Like 1

ishrios   
4 hours ago, veejaycee said:

Get the Google Nik suite. Silver FX has an Acros simulation under the heading "Film types". You can use Nik filters as stand alones if you don't use software that accepts them as a plugin.

Oh wow very cool! Thanks for sharing!!

K1W1_Mk2   

I have never been happy with the Nik simulation. It is nothing like the Acros produced in camera by the late model Fujis. If the OP is a person who shoots a lot of black and white and who wants to use Acros regularly then imo the best option is to save up and buy a camera with it installed.

If someone asks about film sims in software it is safe to assume they are developing from RAW/DNG. Few people accept a film sim as it is. Acros is the only sim I bother with but only then as a starting point. Once there is user input, none of the sims look quite as intended and none of them really looks close to the actual film, especially Acros and that includes the Fuji in-camera sim. It is however, a look which many users like.

I have the XT2 and LR6 but I use the Nik SFX sim because that's where I can get the exact look I want via digital contrast filters and film colour-sensitivity adjustment.