An after market battery for my X100F is 1/3 the price of the Fuji one. I bought one to try; it's 1250 mah 7.2 V and 8.7 WH, same as the Fuji one. I have used it through two full charges and so far I've noticed no difference in camera performance. The Fuji one has an "S" designation, the after market one does not. 

Anyone else use an after market battery for the X100F? Have you experienced any problem?

The S holds more power I believe and is less likely to get hot. There have been many reports especially concerning XP2/XT2 of 3rd party batteries swelling - including Wasabi/Pantona (same factory) which are generally accepted as best. The XPRO batteries are also good but you need to keep an eye on the swelling thing and once they begin the swell chuck 'em. I personally would not use use either 3rd party or non S batteries for 4K video in the XT2 battery pack but for stills shooting the usual good 3rd party S or non S type batteries should be okay but wont last as long. I have the XT2 (sans battery pack) and bought one spare genuine Fuji battery. I also carry a spare non S from one of my other Fuji bodies. You should be okay with your battery in the X100F but maybe don't use it for 4k video (if it has that) and if the camera base feels warm, change the battery.

I read (can't find it now) a review/test of the main 3rd party batteries of both types compared to both Fuji types. Some units weighed less and held less power and did not last long. As expected, Wasabi/Pantone (in eu) and XPRO performed well but did not last quite so long as Fuji. More importantly for some, the camera's reporting of battery state differed. That is to say at half bar the 3rd party units were not far from needing to be changed while the Fujis were about 1/2 charge. At 30% the 3rd party units would last just a very few frames more while the Fuji's were truer to the rating.

Use it and enjoy the savings. You are not likely to be creating a lot of video footage on the X100F so the battery swelling issue is unlikely to occur as you will not be working the battery hard. Fuji do not manufacture their own batteries they are made by contract battery manufacturers in China just like almost every other battery other than the ones made in lower cost Vietnam so there is every chance the one you have may have been manufactured on the same assembly line as the one marked with Fuji sticker.

It is true that the maker of Fuji batteries is also the maker of a 3rd party battery (wish I could remember which) however, the 3rd party unit has a thinner casing and shorter life and is the one which began to swell. The user managed to get the battery out with some difficulty (XP2) and vowed to stay with Fuji batteries. So take care which 3rd party you use and be aware of any extra heat generated. If it does cause problems send the bill to Kiwi.

2 minutes ago, raagamuffin said:

I saw this on Amazon (a W126S), but there are no reviews, so I am reluctant to take the plunge at this time. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XTNXQJM/ref=psdc_11041791_t2_B01I4RNPQ6

Its a 126S battery, apparently. Anyone using this one (or another after market 'S' battery)?

Most likely just had an S added to their usual batteries - at that price -  I think you get what you pay for. On pre XT2/XP2/X100F/XT20 bodies you just get a battery that doesn't last long - a bit more to worry about on the current bodies.

Thanks all. Yes I agree, you get what you pay for. And we will see how long the 3rd party lasts. I doubt it will heat up as I am a stills shooter only and unlikely even to shoot "motor drive" on my X100F.

BTW, what a great camera it is!  I've used many different cameras over the years including Leica m6, hence I love the retro look and feel of the X100F, but I'm enjoying this one even more. The highlight control, skin tones with Provia, and B&W with Acros are three of my favourite features. 

I have loved using my X20, but the increased sensor size and resolution of the X100F in a similar body style, did it for me.

Battery swelling generally happens during charging when the charge current applied is to great for the battery circuitry. This could be because the battery is not up to spec or because the charger is suspect. With Fujis rotten reputation for poor quality chargers you would generally suspect the charger first if the OEM one is being used. My suspicion with many cases of in camera swollen batteries is that the battery may well have been swollen when it was put into the camera but the owner did not notice. It's very easy to push a slightly swollen battery into a camera but considerably harder to get it out.

There are many threads about this on various forums. They all have responses quoting Fuji as saying the S battery has higher power necessary for the highest fps speed and for 4K video and that the S has much better heat dissipation. The non S is being phased out since the S can be used in all Fuji X cameras. This copied post sums up the majority of responses.

"I spoke to Fuji in the UK about a month ago. They said it (non S) was not going to be available anymore. They said the 's' was its replacement and would work on all older cameras that took the last model battery.

Interestingly they said the increased burst rate of the X-T2 was due to the battery alone. That is to say even with the grip if you didn't use the 's' then you wouldn't get the higher burst rate. Also the camera would overheat using 4K if the new batteries were not used. The new battery has an 'extra cell' that aids in heat dissipation."