ishrios

NYC with the X100T Wcl-x100 & Tcl-x100

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys I just got back from a quick trip to the Bigapple

I settled on my Fujifilm X100T which has a fixed 23mm f/2 lens(35mm equiv) along with the Wide angle conversation lens Wcl-X100 and the Tele photo conversation lens Tcl-X100. This simple kit not only inspired me to see things differently but also made it a lot more exciting trying to capture the essence of the city. 

Would love for you guys to check out my shots in my blog link below.  thanks for looking!

http://www.ishriosphoto.com/blog/newyorkcity

There are some very nice pictures on your website.

I do think there is some repetition that would benefit from a smaller selection of photos (e.g. there are 3 photos looking out from a glass fronted building, there are several very similar looking at the Empire State Building), so viewers get to see the ones you think are "best". 

It is also a pity that the weather when you visited central park wasn't very conducive to outdoor photography (grey skies etc) - it's always frustrating as on short trips there isn't much you can do, but perhaps consider a black and white treatment, or perhaps shooting in a different way to avoid the weather and grey skies?

There were a few that I thought were a little weak (big concrete block dominating the frame in the photo of the Lamborghini) or perhaps didn't really belong as a "set" (dog on the subway).

I hope you won't take his negatively, there are some really good photos there, but I think they would have much more impact with a tighter selection, and bring out the vibrancy you were trying to convey.

1 person likes this

Excellent pictures - no poor ones at all but some are inevitably better or more striking than others. As Artuk says, while you'll obviously keep them all they do need thinning out to a selection of the very best in a manageable length of slide show. This keeps viewers attention fresh and maybe leaves them wanting more instead of tiring of hitting the next button.

1 person likes this

Thanks guys I definitely appreciate the info. Thanks for also taking the time to check out my stuff and reply!👍

1 person likes this

I envy your trip to NYC with your X100 . You have some great street photography. I agree with you about your camera choice for street photography, the X100 series Fuji cameras can't be beat.

1 person likes this