HDubetz

Suggestion for additional item in My Menu or...

It would be very helpful if Fuji allowed "Edit File Name" as a selection in My Menu or Quick Menu or Function Button.  When you are traveling you may visit many towns, cities, etc. and later wonder which town you were in when you took a certain photo.  Was that cathedral in Madrid or Barcelona? With "Edit File Name" as a quick selection you could abbreviate the town or place with 4 letters (BARC for Barcelona, CART for Cartagena).  This way every photo in your entire collection has a name automatically assigned.  

If it works for you that would be great but I actually can't think of anything worse than having a whole bunch of different file names. What happens if you go from CART to BARC and forget to rename your files as I know I would?

If you want you can take a small paper notepad and write the name of each town or location on it and take a shot of the notepad at arrival then you will know all images until the next notepad shot are at the location. When you import images into LR if you use LR it is easy to add tags for each location on import.

• Like 2

You can always find some sort of sign with the name on it to photograph. Personally I've never had a problem remembering where pictures were taken whether in UK or travels abroad.

You can change the file name on your Fuji. It is under the set up menu, the wrench. I have set my 3 Fuji cameras to different file names so I can know immediately which photo came from which camera.

Check your owner's book as the instructions are there.