Aydede

Programming API

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone know, if there is a sort of Programming API, Library, Framework or so, such that I could create my own apps to control my Fuji X-T2? It doesn't have to be for mobile devices. I would even prefer an interface to desktop operating systems.

Thanks for any advice. 

1 hour ago, Aydede said:

Does anyone know, if there is a sort of Programming API, Library, Framework or so, such that I could create my own apps to control my Fuji X-T2? It doesn't have to be for mobile devices. I would even prefer an interface to desktop operating systems.

Thanks for any advice. 

You would probably get the most meaningful reply if you contacted Fuji and asked them.  I'm not aware that they have published any specifications or APIs for controlling the cameras using wifi or USB, though clearly it is possible as they have their own apps to do that (I assume you are aware of them?). 

I strongly suspect it is not publicly available, and if available at all may require a licensing fee, but Fuji need to confirm that.

3 hours ago, Aydede said:

Thanks for any advice. 

That would be nice but I have never heard about such a thing. I wonder if it's possible to reverse engineer what the remote app does.

The internal workings of Fuji cameras are proprietary and very closely guarded. That is one one of the reasons why software manufacturers have had so much difficulty getting the demoisacing correct with X-Trans. 

There is no and I suspect never will be any sort of public API for Fuji cameras. I'm sure any direct inquiry will simply be met with a polite negative response.

1 person likes this