Silvalee   
I have a Fuji X-a1 that has an issue.
whenever it starts it gives an error "sensor cleaning" and then restarts. 
sometimes it does this 3-4 times in raw. Any ideas if this can be rectified?

artuk   

I don't know what Fuji cameras do when they do "sensor cleaning" because as far as I am.aware they have no active cleaning process.

I can only suggest resetting the camera using an option in the menus. Alternatively, try installing new firmware by downloading the latest firmware update from the Fuji website, put it on an SD card, put the card in the camera, turn the camera on and follow the instructions.

You can set (most) of the Fuji cameras to clean sensor when switched on, or off, or both. Try changing this to OFF only.

Failing that - do a factory reset.

K1W1_Mk2   
On 16/07/2017 at 3:27 AM, artuk said:

I don't know what Fuji cameras do when they do "sensor cleaning" because as far as I am.aware they have no active cleaning process.

I suspect they use a variant of the ultrasonic cleaning that Olympus developed years ago that is what most other manufacturers with fixed sensors seem to be doing.

artuk   
11 hours ago, K1W1_Mk2 said:

I suspect they use a variant of the ultrasonic cleaning that Olympus developed years ago that is what most other manufacturers with fixed sensors seem to be doing.

Yeah I had assumed something like passing a charge through the sensor. As it's nothing physical, I wasn't sure what could have "broken" that would make this process error, assuming the sensor is still functional.