veejaycee

Firmware updates 8 August

gaopa   

I updated my X-T2 and my X-Pro2 today after talking with Steve in Fujiflim Tech Support. While I don't use MF and that is what the latest update addresses, Steve suggested keeping the camera firmware updated.

Just a quick question to help clarify something.

Do you need to ensure you do not skip upgrades before installing the latest upgrade?

Would it be safe to skip an upgrade for instance?

THis sounds like a straight forward complaint in which case you are addressing it to the wrong people.

However, if you are requesting advice then you should provide more information. Have you tried removing the battery or factory reset or re-seating the lens after checking the lens & camera contacts are clean and working?

If none of these things work I suggest you contact your local Fuji services.

On 10 August 2017 at 5:10 PM, Christopher said:

Welcome to the community @Jeff Davies!

You can safely install a firmware update that is multiple versions ahead of the firmware your camera is currently running.

Thanks Christopher :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By veejaycee
      For 3 of my X bodies, XP1, XT1, XT2 I bought genuine Fuji handgrips. They are very light and compact yet provide an excellent grip. I bought a cheap one for my XE1 and luckily it fits both the camera and my hand quite well. It is double the weight of Fujis though. Having recently bought a bargain XT20 but quickly realised I needed a handgrip because it is 1cm less wide than the XE series so I ordered a cheap model. A picture of it is shown and as you can see there is not enough space to get my fingers between the grip and the lens so I have to splay my fingers apart especially with 23mm f1.4 or larger lens - 90mm, 55-200mm etc. I found a reduced price OEM grip and got that. Pictures show XT20 with no grip, with cheap grip and with Fuji grip. (Note that the gap is actually wider with the Fuji grip than without it.)  Sometimes cheap is expensive.

• By LazarouINC
      Check these leather lug covers out for Fujifilm cameras 
      Camera Lug Covers (Fujifilm
    • By thomasrdedekam
      Hello, this is my first post on this forum. I recently got the X-T2 after shooting (Raw only) with the XT-1 for a while, a camera for which i was very happy with the result i was getting. As i am now in a testing phase of the X-T2 i shot strictly  JPEGs over the weekend, using the Kodachrome, Velvia and Acros settings.  
      now, by looking at the results, a lot of them are really not that sharp, and quite a few look like they are "patchy" or noisy - and this is with enough speed, low iso and almost exclusively F2..does anyone have the same experience? or does the JPEG filter process take "over" the image that much that it makes it look almost "animated" in the details
      images were all shot handheld
      looking forward to your thoughts and comments