Ianmac

Screen protector XT-2 XT-10 Advice wanted

Ianmac   

Im looking for two rear screen protectors, 1 for my XT2 and 1 for my XT10.

Ebay seems to produce the most sellers but invariably there is a lack of technical information and prices vary widely.

Have been caught before with poor quality camera accessories

Anyone  care to offer any advice on which product(s) to use based on how it performs in actual operation ?

Expert Shield. They guarantee their screen protectors. I once mentioned in a review that mine had taken a deep gouge from something sharp and heavy but saved my screen. They sent me a new protector. I never used it because the damage is one edge and I couldn't be bothered to fit the new one (fiddly job).

K1W1_Mk2   

Don't bother.

I used screen protectors for years on digital cameras and all they do is degrade the view of the image without actually doing anything as far as protection is concerned. If you damage a LCD screen you have probably done other damage to the camera anyway so either your insurance or your pocket will be hit regardless of whether the so called protector was installed or not.

18 minutes ago, K1W1_Mk2 said:

Don't bother.

I used screen protectors for years on digital cameras and all they do is degrade the view of the image without actually doing anything as far as protection is concerned. If you damage a LCD screen you have probably done other damage to the camera anyway so either your insurance or your pocket will be hit regardless of whether the so called protector was installed or not.

...... and yet I have a very deep gouge on my screen protector which would definitely (not probably) have damage the screen. It looks like a gouge caused by a strap buckle or maybe another camera being pushed in on top if my camera bag.

I daresay that most of the time you can get away without a protector but if you're going to fit one to cover the odd chance of damage, then might as well get a known good one for a small outlay.

Ianmac   

Many thanks for the feedback

The amazon seller/product wont ship to the UK

Expert shield looks good. Good instructions on their website + a UK company with a guaranteed product and free postage on my order so price competitive.

Ive just ordered the two