Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DigitalRev TV Fujifilm X-Pro1 Hands-on Review

30 posts in this topic

Posted

Kai got his hands on the new Fujifilm X-Pro1 and offers his hands on review.

Posted

Cool, shall watch in a bit

Posted

makes me want a x-pro even more! I just hope it's not as big as it seems in hand. Wish I could have gotten it before my trip to hawaii. I guess the x100 will do for now.

Posted

I imagine his review is similar to how I would see it if I got to play around with it. I just don't have much use for it. I love my x100.

Posted

Not a glowing review like some of the paid reviews that have already popped up but interesting and probably more real world for those of us who would be spending our own money.

Posted

DigitalRev is slowly letting me down on each video. They seem to care less and less...

Posted

There are only a couple videos that I didn't like. I tend to enjoy them very much.

Posted

heseemed less than excited about it , and his feelings about the aesthetics at the front of the camera where a flash is missing is right on

Posted

Entertaining as ever and theres some useful info deep in there.

The Top Gear of camera shows lol.

WANT!

Posted

heseemed less than excited about it , and his feelings about the aesthetics at the front of the camera where a flash is missing is right on

+1 that's my pet peeve for this camera.

Posted

"Not everyone is willing to live with it"

Hit the nail on the head

Posted

yup, nuff said...........

oh and its a ..its a little too big ......ok now enuf said

Posted

The more I see the more tempted about m4/3 bodies I become. I'll keep my cards firmly in my wallet until these things have been in the real world for a good cople of months I think.

Posted

I want one

enuff said

Posted

I wanted one

enuff said

Posted

Ill have yours TOO then!

:P

Posted

It seems indeed Kai is less witty that in the past. Maybe they have burned out all their energy.

The X-Pro 1 seems ok, but I simply don't have the bucks for it, and have made too few pics with the X100 before being sane to think about something else.

Posted

It seems like they rushed the review, I think they only had a camera on loan for a short time, that's too bad.

AF speed seems to be the only ding against the camera, and that's largely subjective upon your shooting style. The IQ seems to be absolutely stellar, particularly in lowlight. All production camera reviews seem to indicate the manual focusing is markedly improved compared to the X100 too.

Posted

If i were buying the x pro my biggest concern would be the enlargement available for manual focusing, both with fuji native lenses and also adapted glass, the x 100 is insufficient in this regard ,

even reviewing shots for sharpness and correct focus my x 100 is barely sufficient.

Posted

The more I see the more tempted about m4/3 bodies I become. I'll keep my cards firmly in my wallet until these things have been in the real world for a good cople of months I think.

+1 to the point I would wait for XPRO2

Posted

It seems like they rushed the review, I think they only had a camera on loan for a short time, that's too bad.

AF speed seems to be the only ding against the camera, and that's largely subjective upon your shooting style. The IQ seems to be absolutely stellar, particularly in lowlight. All production camera reviews seem to indicate the manual focusing is markedly improved compared to the X100 too.

"Markedly" is again subjective but I find the continuous focusing a better implementation this time round.

I actually went back the second time to take some 18mm samples and I realised that I have nailed the focusing on first try on the second day.

So it seems that one really need to get the hang of it first.

Posted

Samples from the review here

Fuji X-Pro1 test shots

Posted

vs leica! =D

Posted

seems reasonable lol. love the action poses near the end of the video.

Posted

I want one. Have pretty much made up my mid I'll be getting one if I can and the Digital Rev video has done nothing to deter me - in fact it bolsters most of the reasons why I want one.

Not fussed re the flash - I'll buy the small shoe mount flash if it does become an issue as that will work with my X100 too.

Also, for me, the 35mm lens (equivalent to 50mm) is perfect for street. I prefer it to the 35mm equiv of the x100. 50mm is roughly the same as a human eyes field of view. It also shortens the depth of field slightly and is easier to separate the main subject focus from the background - although a lot of street stuff does aim for a large depth of field.

If I can ever afford it, my setup will be a X100 plus a X Pro1 w/35mm lens...