Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fuji X-Pro1 X-E1 Charger Portability Hack

39 posts in this topic

Posted

If you've ever owned a camera battery charger with a built-in plug, you'll be frustrated to find that Fujifilm's BC-W126 battery charger for the X-Pro1 and X-E1 comes with a 4 foot long power cable! These long cables make traveling with your battery charger a hassle, especially with a small camera bag, and can be a frustrating to use around the house if you don't have free space near an outlet. Fortunately Fuji's charger uses a standard C7 connector, which happens to be shared with Apple's own charger's compact plugs. If you own an iPod, iPad, MacBook, Powerbook, iBook, or nearly any Apple portable charger from the past, you already own this part!

Fujifilm X-Pro1 Battery Charger Portability Hack

Fujifilm X-E1 Battery Charger Portability Hack

This solution also works with all international Apple plug adaptors. If you don't already own one, you can purchase them cheaply online, $1 on eBay, or use other compatible C7 plug adaptors from your other electronic devices. eBay also offers an USA, UK, AU, EU Plug Kit for Apple chargers for about $7 USD, if you travel often with your camera and other Apple devices.

Posted

Yep, this already worked well with the X100 charger. I once saw it described in a book about the X100.

Posted

So maybe that author got the info here.

Posted

very cool... thanks!!!

Posted

never thought about this, it works with my UK mac plug! thanks for the info :)

Posted

Happy to help! @yue_cheong, can you share a photo of your charger with the UK plug attached?

Posted

GENIUS!!! Thank you!

Posted

You have made my life a lot easier. Thank you.

Posted

Such a simple and genius solution!

Posted

Very nice! Been an Apple user for years and have several of these floating around!

Posted

If only it sat flush against the wall. But it seems to still be charging perfectly, I guess my OCD will have to allow this one, haha!

Posted

Deep breaths @MichelGamache, it will be ok ;)

Posted

Haha!! *shivers*

Posted

It works not only with X100 or X-Pro, but with any adapters. I use tricks like that with a Nikon charger as well.

Posted

Ditto!

Nikon D80

Lumix GF1

Pentax Optio W90

X100

And any other charger with a detachable cord

Posted

Check this out as well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001HTOLR6/

A bit pricey! You can find them on Ebay for under 3 bucks delivered.

Yep, I bet you can get them cheaper. I found the quality of this one to be pretty great.

Posted

I found the quality of the ebay ones on par with the originals from my Mac laptops and iPad.

Posted

Check this out as well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001HTOLR6/

A bit pricey! You can find them on Ebay for under 3 bucks delivered.

Where on ebay? Also, does anybody know if there's a seller that offers a version of this adapter for European plugs? But please, not on Amazon, because they don't sell them to Europeans.

Posted

A word of caution. I used the Mac uk 3 pin adaptor on my fuji xpro charger. First location I used it at was Walton Hall hotel in Warwickshire. The plug socket was at the top of the skirting board so wouldn't fit in. The next was on the P&O cruise liner Azura. And again the cabin sockets were to low for it to fit. I had to take my charger to the reception to charge. So do take you cable as well.

Posted

For AUSTRLIANS: I found it difficult to source the Australian version of this adaptor, however I finally managed to find a source and ordered quantity of 10, which is more than I need. So if anyone want an Ozzie C7 adapter send me PM.