Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fujifilm X-Pro1 Firmware 1.01 Now Available For Body & Lenses

56 posts in this topic

Posted

Fujifilm has just released firmware version 1.01 updates for the X-Pro1 body and all 3 lenses.

Fujifilm X-Pro1 Firmware Update

The firmware update Ver.1.01 incorporates the following issues:

1. Reduction of chattering noise from iris of lenses in shooting mode.
  2. Improvement of phenomenon that parallax compensation does not work under condition of manual focus with OVF bright frame mode.
  3. Improvement of phenomenon that OVF quality as low visibility due to too bright OVF under the condition of power save mode during pressing the shutter button halfway.
  4. Improvement of phenomenon that delete function does not work after viewing continues shooting mode images.

To activate the above fixes completely, an additional firmware update for each XF lens is also required.

You can download the individual firmware updates from Fujifilm.com at the following links:

More details to follow! Please share your experiences with the firmware update in the comments below.

Posted

2+3 => Alleluia ;-)

Posted

I just updated my 18mm and 35mm lenses and the aperture blade chatter is gone! I heard it only once shortly after turning my camera on, and it was much more quiet. All attempts to provoke it to chatter failed, the aperture simply stays wide open. This is a nice fix!

One thing to note, upgrading your firmware will reset all of your camera settings. When you power on your camera after each update, even lens firmware updates, you will have to reset the date/time and all of your configurations. I suggest upgrading your body and all of your XF lenses at the same time, so you don't have to reset your camera more than once.

Posted

@Christopher - so is updating the lens FW the same as the body, ie. holding down the [bACK] button to start the firmware update process

Posted

Just updated the firmware and have to say the chatter is gone for me. Works a treat.

Posted

@jac, that is correct. The firmware update interface asks you to select the body or lens before proceeding to the upgrade process.

Posted

Cool thanks Christopher!

Posted

Awsome stuff Fuji ! ! ! Any feedback on other noticable improvements ? i'm at work and cant do much here.

Posted

Waiting for a focus peaking upgrade... and it will be near perfect !

Posted

The fact they are updating lens firmware is HUGE ! ! ! We've got hope of the MF getting tuned... the possibilities seem endless ! ! !

Posted

Great stuff. One note: my 60mm was already at V1.01 - the upgrade brought it to V1.02

Posted

The fact they are updating lens firmware is HUGE ! ! ! We've got hope of the MF getting tuned... the possibilities seem endless ! ! !

this seems plausible, a matter of tweaking the turn ratio..

Posted

just upgraded the 35mm and the 60mm, all lens chatter is gone but there is one HUGE difference, the 35mm is focusing much muucchh faster now. Although the focus speeds on the 60mm seem to be the same. Awesome stuff from the only company that listens to its customers and fans. Keep it up Fujifilm !

Posted

Excellent, will try and update this pm. Thanks. I think its interesting if you look at the focal plane on the top of the body, and imagine what would happen to image size if it was moved back slightly, and lens can be tweaked by software upgrades, a full size chip upgrade wouldn't be that hard...Any thoughts? Don't get me wrong I love the camera as it is...:) Any downsides to this upgrade that anyone is aware of?

Posted

I have noticed that most of the lag between hitting shutter and getting an image seems to be caused by camera calculating exposure and setting aperture, or setting evf brightness. Even with all settings set to manual and on ovf... I would have thought this could be fixed. After all once you half press and lock exposure etc firing is instant.

Posted

yohaank - I see what you mean, much faster. Small but significant update - No chattering

Posted

Hi I have been watching this site for a while a enjoying the discussions and eagerly awaited the firmware updates. I thought I'd better mention that the links for the lens updates don't download the same named files for example: 35mm f/1.4 xpupdate.dat actually downloads xfupdate.dat (just hover the mouse and read the link). Not sure how this might affect the updates but I have talked to Fuji and they have recognised the problem and are hopefully fixing it to avoid any confusion. Has anyone else experienced this?

Posted

Just updated mine. The chatter is gone. Can't wait to test the improved focusing speed tomorrow morning :) Great job, Fujifilm.

Posted

I only have the 35mm lens and it definitely focus much faster so long as your distance where you're focusing is similar. Makes sense though since the lens isn't moving as much as if it were going back and forth between close focus and what not.

Very happy!!! Feels just as speedy as the x100

And the chatter... I didn't mind it but people around me did. Glad that's taken care of so that I don't have to explain what the heck is going on lol

Posted

So you have to update multiple times? Why not add all 3 lenses into the same update. Are they just giving people options to update the lens they have? Also how would you know if the lens has been updated instead of the firmware. Sorry for all the questions but I will be ordering my xp1 this week and don't want to be confused.

Posted

Very welcome firmware update. The click, click, click is now silent.

Great Fuji !!

Posted

So you have to update multiple times? Why not add all 3 lenses into the same update.

Don't worry, it's not a pain. Simply format a card and add all files into the root directory of the card from your computer.

Place card in camera and turn on while holding the disp/back button. It will give you options of either updating body and or/lenses one at a time and takes but a minute or less to update each.

Posted

Hi I have been watching this site for a while a enjoying the discussions and eagerly awaited the firmware updates. I thought I'd better mention that the links for the lens updates don't download the same named files for example: 35mm f/1.4 xpupdate.dat actually downloads xfupdate.dat (just hover the mouse and read the link). Not sure how this might affect the updates but I have talked to Fuji and they have recognised the problem and are hopefully fixing it to avoid any confusion. Has anyone else experienced this?

@syntax, the lens firmware updates work fine, despite the naming inconsistency.

Posted

@MikeeNu, thanks that seems simple enough. I just hate anything to do with firmware updates.

Posted

can you only update the firmware for the lenses that you have? On Fujix-forum, somebody said that you have to update each lens while it is attached. So no need to update the rest if you only have 1 lens?