Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Question: Will you buy the wide angle lens adaptor?

32 posts in this topic

Posted

Just want to see what would be your views. I personally do not have the XPRO1 and I think because of that, I will buy the WAL adaptor for the x100 to extend the x100 usefulness. Even if I do buy the XPRO1, I will only do so when there are lens that I will find useful, which means a F4 zoom that can go 18mm at the wide but that would require some waiting time.

I also looks like there won't be a x200 anytime soon. I may even harbour the guess that x100 will be a cult, one off camera to introduce Fujifilm X series and then rely on the X mount to solidify the X System.

Posted

Yes I am going to buy it, despite it not really being all that wide. It will make a difference on rare occasions and since I have zero interest in the X Pro 1, I'll have to take what I can get.

Also, buying this adapter hopefully will be part of a large group who buys it, thus showing Fujifilm that there is demand for others, like a 50mm equivalent.

Posted

I doubt it, I already have a m4/3 system as well that covers me from 28 through to 600mm eqivalent so if I needed a bit wider angle I would use that. If I didn't have a second system I would consider it.

Posted

I too have a few M43 primes, and would probably put the cash towards Olympus's 24mm (equivalent) f2 lens instead. I'm very happy that Fuji made it though.

Posted

I'm not going to buy it. For such a small 'widening', I'd rather use my feet. I do hope they make a 50mm adapter. That I would buy.

Posted

Id like one, but probably won't get one. It IS minimal widening, though the examples on Fujis site are wider than I expected, especially the one with the padlock.

Hopefully though it shows an intent from Fuji

Posted

I totally agree if one has the DSLR or other systems one would rely on it. I personally have the D200 with 18-50mm F2.8 which is good for what it does so if I do go for travelling

In the interest of discussion, what if you are forced to bring only one camera?

Posted

If forced to bring only one camera, it would depend where I was going. If I was going to be outdoors in good light, I'd take my GF1, a trio of primes, and shoot in RAW. If I'm going to spend a fair amount of time indoors (or maybe in cities) I'd take the X100 and would set out with the mindset of getting the best that I could with the built-in lens (that's one of the things I enjoy with it).

I might get a short tele adapter under those circumstances though…

Posted

Anywhere for non-specific photos (holiday or wander for example0 X100 every time.

Only take D90 if I have specific photos i need it for.

Posted

Id like one, but probably won't get one. It IS minimal widening, though the examples on Fujis site are wider than I expected, especially the one with the padlock.

Hopefully though it shows an intent from Fuji

For those interested what matt's on about:

ff_x100wideconversionlens_002.JPG

Posted

hmmm... there isn't really much difference... :'( I don't think it would be worth the money and the added bulk to the body.

Posted

if i had an x-100, i totally would. but only because i'm really impressed with the capabilities of the 18mm f/2 fujinon

Posted

From what I have seen - no...

Posted

If I hadn't decided to invest in the X-Pro1, I would definitely purchase it. I've had enough outings with my X100 where I've wished my lens was just a little wider. Spending two weeks with just my X-Pro1 made me really appreciate the X100 for its compact size and bigger viewfinder. I dream of an X100 with the X-Trans sensor.

Posted

I'll definitely give it a try and compare it to the f2/18mm.

Posted

I'll be a buyer.

Posted

I'm really pleased to see that Fuji is continuing development for the X100 and my initial reaction was "I'll have one of those"

Then I started flicking between 28 and 35 mm on my G1X and the more I do it the more the difference seems so slight that I can't justify the cost.

It's probably I'm not a wideangle fan but if they come up with a 50-70mm adapter that would interest me much more.

Posted

I wonder what the price will be set at in good old GBP£?

Posted

@TADrinkwater Ive been told £250

Posted

No, I wouldn't buy...to expensive and the whole package - camera and converter - will be much bulky. If I want wide angle I use my dslr. I want my X100 pure without any bling bling or imo unnecessary accessoires... That's why I bought it ;-)

Posted

@Blurry, I agree in principle, that was my main reason for choosing the X100 too (well that and its great looks) but a WIDE angle adaptor would be nice maybe.

Posted

@mattmaber: For me also the difference between 28mm and 35mm is to marginal to justify the price for the converter. < 24mm would be great and useful...