Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Time-lapse attachment for Fuji X-E1 / X-Pro1?

33 posts in this topic

Posted

My friend has a little dongle which plugs into his Canon 7D and allows him to take pictures automatically at regulated intervals. Is there anything like this for the fujis?

Posted

The X-E1 has an electronic remote release port and compatible Fujifilm RR-80 Remote Release, but it does not have an intervalometer. If we can find a Fujifilm compatible 3rd party remote release with the feature, it's definitely plausible.

Unfortunately the X-Pro1 does not feature this remote input.

Posted

Thanks for the heads-up Christopher, just order the Amazon model. Now I'm just waiting for my X-E1.

Posted

Happy to help @SWDan! I'm glad I was able to find a solution, I hadn't considered it before! This will be a nice accessory for X-E1 users :)

Please share a review with us here once yours arrives and you've had a chance to use it with your X-E1, I'm very curious. Hopefully the X-E1 will be shipping soon!

I should also note that this remote shutter release is also compatible with the X-S1.

Posted

I echo that thanks. This is a must have tool for architecture students these days... great to see that one exists!

Posted

Thanks, I had the same question. Will it work with the x100 too? Also, I have yet to attempt time lapse, but I've seen videos where the camera moves/pans during the video, any tips on how to do that?

Posted

You need to set up some sort of track... it doesn't have to be a professional track system but some sort of guide so that as you move the camera over time it remains level. Once you have it set up you find your starting position, and divide it by the number of frames you're going to take (over all time/interval between shots) and then move the camera that much along the track after each shot.

Posted

Alternatively you can simulate certain time lapse panning techniques by cropping down the images and moving the crop during the time lapse. Since your output is typically only 1080i, there are plenty of pixels to work with and pan through.

Unfortunately these remote releases are not compatible with the X100, X10, or X-Pro1.

Posted

The X-E1 supports remote releases through the mic jack so I've heard that this should work as well... Vello ShutterBoss Timer Remote .

Aso, for a standard release thats quite a bit cheaper then Fuji's this should work... Vello RS-C1II Wired Remote

I havent tried it yet. Still waiting for the X-E1 18-55 kit to ship.

Posted

Got my StudioHut Multi-Function Timer Remote Control from Amazon, it came in good condition. Can't wait to give it a try, especially the interval mode; but one problem, don't have my X-E1 yet. Trying to wait patiently.

Posted

Hopefully this week!

Posted

another accessory on the list even before I get the X-E1

Posted

I got it from Amazon Germany for EUR 39,90 incl. everything, and it does indeed work: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B004H2PQNS/

I also got a wireless remote with a RR80 connection for EUR 34,90: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0045O0KN4

Works as well.

Does anybody have any experience with Triggertrap? https://triggertrap.com/products/triggertrap-mobile/

It should work with the Canon 60D compatible connection, right?

Posted

Wow the Triggertrap is really slick! The Canon compatible 2.5mm mic connection should work just fine, according to PhotoMadd's X-E1 review: http://www.photomadd.com/review/camera-fujifilm-x-e1/

I would love to see some real world feedback on that!

Posted

Since Canon has 2 different standards, it's important to know which one is the right one for the X-E1.

I guess this may be the right one: https://triggertrap.com/shop/cl-e3/

Posted

Yup, that's the one. Fujifilm's X-E1 specifications show:

Microphone/shutter release input - ø2.5mm, stereo mini connector

Posted

Got mine. Works great.

Posted

You can also use Triggertrap Mobile as the X-E1 supports Canon RS60-E3. Just enter Canon Digital Rebel into their site (Google it) and get that one. Control the X-E1 from your iPhone!

Posted

You can also use Triggertrap Mobile as the X-E1 supports Canon RS60-E3. Just enter Canon Digital Rebel into their site (Google it) and get that one. Control the X-E1 from your iPhone!

Are you an echo or sumthin? :D

Posted

Sorry flysurfer, I'm not sure how I missed the discussion on it, but somehow I did!

Posted

blockquote rel="Christopher">Alternatively you can simulate certain time lapse panning techniques by cropping down the images and moving the crop during the time lapse. Since your output is typically only 1080i, there are plenty of pixels to work with and pan through.

Unfortunately these remote releases are not compatible with the X100, X10, or X-Pro1.

Hi Christopher,

Would you know if the X10 is compatible with ANY intervalometer?

Thanks,

Amit

Posted

Unfortunately it is not compatible with any intervalometer that I'm aware of.

Posted

android phone and free app "dslr remote" works alright with X-e1(for long exposure and as intervalometer :

Posted

Would you know if the X10 is compatible with ANY intervalometer?

Tempus ALL mechanical time lapse

link