Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

XE1 Vs NEX-6 comparison. Interesting....

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Interesting for X-Pro owners too, as they share the same sensor.

Posted

It's great to see the direct comparison, I think they were pretty candid about it.

Focus Peaking would be a huge feature for Fujifilm to add to their firmware, I really hope they're considering it. The new 3x and 10x magnification modes have decent usability, but focus peaking is almost effortless by comparison.

I only shoot stills myself, but it would be nice for Fujifilm to offer more manual control over shooting video. It would open up the X System to so many more people, which is great for all of us collectively.

I'm optimistic that future firmware will bring more refinements, as always. The X-E1 and X-Pro1 are tough to beat on sharpness and dynamic range in the mirrorless world.

Posted

Agreed on all points.

I dont really care about video, I just want stills...and I'm a film maker by trade! Peaking would be great - and hopefully will appear soon.

Its a good comparison. No real shocks, but a useful reference for those still on the fence.

Posted

peaking isnt patented by Sony is it? Ive not used it but heard its somewhat tricky to use. Esp as youre not seeinmg the exact scene.

Oh for digital emulated RF focusing. thatd be ace

Posted

peaking isnt patented by Sony is it? Ive not used it but heard its somewhat tricky to use. Esp as youre not seeinmg the exact scene.

Ricoh has focus peaking.

Posted

I think the Samsung's do too...and the OMD? Seems like Fuji missed a beat here. Lets hope something can be done in firmware...

Posted

Thats good then, im not sure Id like it till I got to try it. Ive just heard its an aquired taste.

Posted

+100 ;-) and I don't get why it's not there already, the RF wannabe style and all...

Anyway I'm happy that they don't take too much time bothering about video and have great stills!

Posted

+100 ;-) and I don't get why it's not there already, the RF wannabe style and all...

Anyway I'm happy that they don't take too much time bothering about video and have great stills!

+100,000 I think that'd be awesome. + How hard would it be to project that into the Hybrid VFs?

Posted

Ahh, yes, Fuji people, more control for videos please! :)

Posted

Im not sure the digitally emulated RF is technically possible, but if it is, I claim my 10% =D