Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

X100s release date

50 posts in this topic

Posted

I've seen where I can pre-order the X100s, but does anyone have any word on a release date or is it still unknown at this time?

Thanks!

Posted

Some have said late March others have said April... Knowing Fuji, it will be April.

Posted

Some have said late March others have said April... Knowing Fuji, it will be April.

Yea I had read/heard February to. Just checking to see if anyone had heard anything else.

Thanks for the feedback.

Posted

BHphoto is saying march 27th and the x20 is feb 28th. This is my first pre order for all my fuji camera's and I hope they're atleast close to the date stated.

Posted

They generally start shipping in Japan 2-4 weeks before hitting the US. That can at least give you an estimate, once they're on the market.

Posted

Thanks Christopher, I didn't know that. So now I can only hope my preorder was early enough to get the first batch of shipment. Jan 10th for me was my preorder date.

Posted

Thanks for the info guys. I'm waiting on funds to come in so I'm hoping Fuji learned from last release and this time has ample supply for the demand this thing is going to bring.

Posted

Amazon Uk says 19 Feb (but I'm doubtful)

Posted

Do they start the production after the announcement or usually before the announcement?

Posted

Do they start the production after the announcement or usually before the announcement?

Depends on manufacturer and production schedule.

With Nikon D600 they have stock in store world wide in one week from announcement. With Nikon D800 it takes months to get stock in stores.

All product Fuji demo at CES and other place are pre production prototype so that indicate that final spec is not done and also no ship date was announce so probably cameras not actually in production at the time of CES.

Posted

I would anticipate them arriving in the US in late March, if the X-E1's release gives us any indication. The UK and Canada will probably have them a week or so before the US.

Posted

I hope it's late march atleast. But I still gotta worry if adorama will have enough to fulfill my order before they go on back order again or if they go on back order after the release.

Posted

I say end of Feb in Asia at least in Singapore :)

Posted

Hey guys, you all should check this out Announcment from Fujifilm. Make what you will of it! Announcment from Fujifilm. Make what you will of it!

Posted

They have pushed back delivery one week to the date US resellers have been saying for some time. Does it really matter?

Posted

The latter the better, I need to save!!

Posted

And June in Australia at double the price.

Posted

I guess that you have not purchased in Australia for a while then.

Posted

Got my ship date from amazon...

Sometime in between February and April...

Posted

maybe June, who knows?, but not double the price. I picked up my Black X100 new in Melbourne last year (before they were discontinued) for several hundred less than what DigitalRev in HK were advertising.

Posted

I'm finding that Fuji X & Olympus M43 cameras are very well priced here locally in Australia. Very comparable to HK. As far as I've found however, the same can't be said for Canon or Nikon.