Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Concert photography with the X100

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello all... just shot a concert the other night (The Wood Brothers and Rayland Baxter) and I used just my X100. I actually brought along my X-Pro1, as well; however, that ended up staying in the bag because the X100 performed so well. I was surprised with how well its AF performed, given how poor the lighting was... only downside I noticed was the write speed when shooting in burst mode. FYI, I used an ISO range from 2000 to 3200. You can see the rest of my images here. Enjoy!

20130226-S0260883-Edit-1024x679.jpg

20130226-S0250880-680x1024.jpg

20130226-DSCF0747-1024x680.jpg

Posted

What AF mode did you use?>

Posted

What AF mode did you use?

I used AF-S (and spot metering)... old school focus & re-compose method. EVF exclusively.

Posted

Nice shots!

Posted

Some really nice shots; I love that first one in B&W with the lights!

Posted

There you go~~

Good shots.

Posted

Indeed it performs well if of course you can get close enough.

Posted

Indeed it performs well if of course you can get close enough.

it performs well regardless... i just so happened to be able to get close :)

Posted

I took a look at these images and the ones on your website with great interest. I have shot a multi-day jazz festival in Florida for 14 years and was wondering what it would be like with a fixed focal length camera (I have the X100s on pre-order). As I have extraordinary access to the crowd, musicians, and stage area, it would be a big change. Thanks for posting these images as I transition to something other than strictly DSLR shooting...

Posted

I took a look at these images and the ones on your website with great interest. I have shot a multi-day jazz festival in Florida for 14 years and was wondering what it would be like with a fixed focal length camera (I have the X100s on pre-order). As I have extraordinary access to the crowd, musicians, and stage area, it would be a big change. Thanks for posting these images as I transition to something other than strictly DSLR shooting...

in this setting, i was actually planning on using my x-pro 1 (with a slew of primes); however, i was actually surprised by how well the x100 performed during the opener so i never bothered to break it out. fyi, i sold off all of my canon dslr gear last year and now exclusively shoot mirrorless.

Posted

FYI if you're interested in seeing more Concert work: White Rabbits

Posted

The X100 beats the pants off any pre 2010 DSLR in bad lighting conditions. You should not have any problems with the X100S. Just remember to use "spot" for bad lighting conditions.

Posted

FYI if you're interested in seeing more Concert work:

White Rabbits

great stuff!

Posted

Fine work !!

I also like shooting in small Clubs with the X100.

Frank

Posted

That second photo is so close!

Posted

pool-x100enthusiasts

Posted

DSCF0329"

"Stefano Bollani Danish Trio in theatre"

took some b&w as well...will post later