Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

X20 ISO Test

12 posts in this topic

Posted

X20 ISO comparison here.

Posted

Hi,Just printed A4 of the full size file, iso 3200 detail and colour quite impressive, noise in the darker areas acceptable

Paul

Posted

Hi,Just printed A4 of the full size file, iso 3200 detail and colour quite impressive, noise in the darker areas acceptable

Paul

Paul,

Do you happen to own(ed)an X10? If so, any thoughts on print quality comparisons @ same settings? Based on the various Flickr posts from the X20, I've concluded that I'll just have to wait for some formal reviews before determining how much (or little) improvement there actually is over the X10. But I like printing out my photos too and an improvement there would be more valuable info for me...thx!

Posted

Hi no i don't have an x10, Ive had X100 X1pro and at present x-e1, i did a same settings print and similar composition with my x-e1, the noise on the x20 was disappointing in comparison (bu hardly surprising given the cost difference)

Paul

Posted

Paul

It's indeed quite usable at ISO 3200:

DSCF0277 - ISO 3200 Lightroom 4.4RC

Posted

Jimbo,

Thanks for the good detail test. I realize that the high ISO begins from 2000 is not really good, full of noises. I wish Fuji can produce better sensor that can produce noise free at iso 3200 f5.6 1/500. May be next 5 years.

Posted

Noise-free is no problem, but you'll lose much detail. Obviously, many of us happily accept noise in images, just like we happily accepted grain in analog film. Btw, Fuji offers several camera models that are virtually noise-free at ISO 3200, so you don't have to wait 5 more years for that.

Posted

Viewed normally, on a monitor 90% of the time, and occasion print, even up to A4, who's going to notice, really? In the real world the noise is only a problem if you are zooming in to deliberately spot be noise or cropping heavily.

Posted

Obviously, many of us happily accept noise in images, just like we happily accepted grain in analog film.

It's interesting that you point that out, for whatever reason digital noise and artifacts are more jarring and obvious to me. I don't know why my brain finds the analog grain so much more acceptable and even appealing compared to the way digital noise presents itself.

Posted

Digital noise presents in different ways. The good thing about some Fuji models (including the X20) is that it looks like analog grain when processed in Lightroom or Silkypix.

Posted

Hello,

This ISO comparison is JGP direct from camera? , or your process RAF in RAW FILE CONVERTER SILKYPIX,Photoshop,lightroom, or DGN? I´m with some problems with SILKYPIX..

I shooth in RAF.. I dont yet made JPG format in captation... in Photoshop the results seams to be more acuratte... some opinion? ... thank you , I have mne X20 since friday...all info are welcome!!