Has anyone ever gotten Fuji to take responsibility for this "Lens Control Error" issue? I spoke with Fuji yesterday and they told me that this was not considered a "Known Issue" and that it would cost me at least $140 to have repaired (though probably much more, since the lens assembly will most likely need replacing). When I said that there were many documented cases of this defect, the Fuji tech rep laughed at me and said, "so you think because 50 people on a forum have had this issue, it's Fuji's problem?" This is what we're up against, the company keeps pretending that this isn't a mechanical defect on their part, when a quick Google search shows that tons of people are having this same issue. So until Fuji does the right thing and fixes our cameras, we're stuck with $500 paperweights.

I think the problem with this camera is too common for Fuji to deny. My xf1 has the same problem & I bought it 3 years after it was released! I don't believe anyone parting with hard earned cash would mistreat a camera that isn't cheap. Mine's has been well treated and never been dropped or knocked. People thinking of buying Fuji may read these posts and think twice. 

Has anyone ever gotten Fuji to take responsibility for this "Lens Control Error" issue? I spoke with Fuji yesterday and they told me that this was not considered a "Known Issue" and that it would cost me at least $140 to have repaired (though probably much more, since the lens assembly will most likely need replacing). When I said that there were many documented cases of this defect, the Fuji tech rep laughed at me and said, "so you think because 50 people on a forum have had this issue, it's Fuji's problem?" This is what we're up against, the company keeps pretending that this isn't a mechanical defect on their part, when a quick Google search shows that tons of people are having this same issue. So until Fuji does the right thing and fixes our cameras, we're stuck with $500 paperweights.

I think the problem with this camera is too common for Fuji to deny. My xf1 has the same problem & I bought it 3 years after it was released! I don't believe anyone parting with hard earned cash would mistreat a camera that isn't cheap. Mine's has been well treated and never been dropped or knocked. People thinking of buying Fuji may read these posts and think twice. 

In the FWIW department, my XF1 developed the dreaded over-exposure/posterize -> LCE failure mode syndrome just this past week, after 10-1/2 months of use (I bought it December 24, 2014 from Amazon-Japan). I walked it in to the Fuji repair center in Roppongi (central Tokyo) this morning and told the receptionist 「いよいよ、レンズ制御エラーになりました」(my camera has at last developed the LCE). The woman receptionist merely said "Ah, the LCE" as though it were the most natural thing in the world; no attempt to obfuscate or deny. She glanced at my receipt from Amazon, began filling in the form and wrote "0 yen" in the blank for the repair cost; when she saw my address (I work in Tokyo but live about 90min away by train), she said they could send the camera back to me by parcel service for free, so I agreed. This is my first experience with Fujifilm service, and as the guy who fell from the 20th floor window said as he passed the 10th floor, "so far, so good."

I'll be waiting with bated breath to see what the parcel service brings. (The one negative factor is that the receptionist said it would take up to two weeks for my camera to be returned.)

My XF1 was out of warranty when it developed the Lens Control Error fault, I contacted Fujufilm UK through their website and they told me to send it to their Bedford repair dept. as a warranty repair, very easy with a printed label and paperwork. A week later I have the repaired camera back with a new lens and I am very happy. There was no charge and all it cost me was the postage to Bedford. I cannot fault their customer service. I love the camera and I hope the new lens will not go the same way.

• Like 2