Lordcamel

What bags or camera bags are you using ?

abucci   

i'm currently using a domke f-5xb, which is perfect for a walkabout in the city. i did remove the velcro fastener.

when i was using m43 i had more lenses and a extra body and used a domke f-3x. which, if i keep buying old konica primes, i may have to go back to.

both are excellent bags, the f-5xb being weather proof, the f-3x roomy and weaner proofed to a point.

this is my photowalk kit, i've added a few more batteries and sd cards and replaced the domke camera strap on the x-e1 with a gordy strap.

Photo walk kit

The 'Troop London' bags are well worth a look. Fantastic quality for the price - really well made from heavy duty canvas and leather, lots of pockets for bits and pieces and a larger central pocket with a waterproof lining which is ideal for the camera.

Best of all they don't look like camera bags. Loads in the range, but I have this one - brilliant for travelling:

http://www.trooplondon.com/epages/es114527.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es114527_es122149120482/Products/TRP0211/SubProducts/trp0211-0006

armanish   

I've been using Billingham f1.4. It fits my X-Pro1 with 18-55mm on camera, X100 and 35mm lens. It is a perfect size for these cameras and also water resistant.

Thank you everyone !

For now I like :

domke f-5xb

Troop London bags thought they seem a bit small - just have to see them first

But please continue to share your views !

I'm using a Kalahari Kapako K-31 (review here), which I got from Amazon UK. Made from a soft canvas it easily takes my X-Pro 1 with 14mm, 35mm, and 18-55mm lenses plus loads of pockets for cards and batteries etc. and spaces for water bottles. I can fit my X100 in as well if needed. Has a zip top with a buckle over cover and a removable inner padded compartment.

EdJ77   

I use an old messenger bag, fitted with a custom insert.

You can get similar at

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Martilena

or crumpler make standard ones

http://www.crumpler.com/us/Camera-Bags/Camera-Pouches/Haven-L.html?LanguageCode=EN&SKU=HVN001-X06G60

I like going this way, as its a good way to make my favourite bags into camera bags, without screaming "photographer has $$$ of gear in here, please steal!"

mikescri   

I use an old messenger bag, fitted with a custom insert.

I like going this way, as its a good way to make my favourite bags into camera bags, without screaming "photographer has $$$ of gear in here, please steal!"

For me, yes. First find an insert that does the job for the gear I'm using on each type of outing, then grab an everyday bag that suits that insert.

Finally I just ordered a Wotancraft bag Scout Model for 207$ shipped to france which is quite reasonnable, I will let you know how it handles as soon as I get it.

Actually I am on a waiting list Oo

banduga   

I've got a ton of ThinkTank Photo bags for my DSLR gear, and when it came to choosing one for the X-E1 (with 18-55mm, 35mm, EF-42 flash, and Phottix Ares wireless trigger), it had to be this:

http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/retrospective-5-black.aspx

The weight of the material is not too thin or thick for me, and I love the simplicity of a velcro flap. Nice simple (i.e. non-bulky) top strap that doubles as a loop to put the handle of your wheeled luggage through, AND small (structural?) straps on the side that double as places to clip things sealed the deal.

Regrets? Might get a bit bulky for when I buy my 55-200mm, and it turns out its too small for even my iPad Mini.

If not for the price, I might have gotten this:

http://www.barton1972.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=2_15&products_id=96

Lowepro event 100 and this which I found in a local charity store for £2. No brand, made in Taiwan. Well made, easy access and takes X-E1 and five lenses easy, though I don't take that many out at once.

Bag 2

Bag 3

Bag 4

• Like 1

That's the best buy I've seen in camera bags. I would though put a partition of some kind between each pair of lenses - or just wrap one of each pair in the smart black fabric bag that Fuji supply with each lens. perfect bag and it's just a little smaller in size than the Lowepro Event Messenger pro - the 150 version. In that I can fit, XP1+grip and std zoom plus 5 other lenses unless one is the 55-200 which takes up the space of 2 primes. And of course all the bits and pieces + a netbook/tablet in the purpose made rear sleeve.

Well done that man!

phrehdd   

Two bags -

Billingham Digital for camera with lens attached.

Billingham f1.4 for Camera with lens attached plus 2 other lenses.

Each can also handle additional filters, batteries and the f1.4 will handle a small tablet as well.

-------

Fuji X-E1, 35 1.4, 18-55mm, 55-200mm, RRS L-plate/grip, Mefoto Globe Trotter Tripod, Op/Tech lens hoods (3), Older Gitzo tripod w/RRS ballhead, various lens maint/clean supplies, 3 batteries w/charger.