Sign in to follow this  
franco

If you haven't yet got the 8mm F2.8...

...it has my recommendation. I have so much fun with this lens. I hardly touch the focus ring...

(here's a cheeky selfie from a walk around SW London tonight)

Battersea selfie...

They're fun, but have a ton of distortion.

If you use a lens profile in your raw processing the curvature can be 'corrected'.

I'm undecided between the Fuji fit version or the Nikon fit version of the Samyang lens. The Fuji fit Samyang is petit, light and smooth whereas the larger version will go wider on FX and, with an adapter I can, with a lot of bulk, also use it on the Fuji.

@Larry. Yeah, you can -

untitled-6379

Its not perfect. I used it in vertical sweep, as it makes the 'band' wider. This has been cropped too (maybe 20%) as it was a super long sweep, and I got way more in the final image than I wanted. :-)

And here's a full sweep on the 'M' setting....

use-6381

By the way, ignore the Exif data - it shows 21mm. That's my bad...I haven't worked out how to program in my manual lenses yet...

I'm surprised about how well they have come out. The first one obviously had real issues with the seat that is closest (you never can trust a seat to stay still :) )

The second one seems to have handled the brick paving lines quite well.

@K1W1_Mk2 - Honestly, I was too. I don't have much luck with that feature generally, but strangely, the best results I've had have been with that 8mm.

I have the Rokinon 8mm/2.8 and have been quite happy with it.  The one I have has a Fuji mount, so no adapter needed.