DanBailey

Free X Series Tips and Tricks Guide

13 posts in this topic

Hi everyone- I wrote a free PDF guidebook designed to help people become more familiar with the X Series camera. It's called FUJIFILM TIPS and TRICKS: My 10 Favorite Settings for the X Series Cameras.

Given all of the different features and modes cameras have, and considering how powerful they are when you really get a handle on what they can do, I decided to outline some the settings I use most often in my photography and highlight a few of of the features I feel maximize the capabilities of the X Series.

During almost five years of use, I've gotten to know the system pretty well, and I'm happy to share my knowledge and experience with other photographers. Also, since everyone has a different style, feel free to share your own favorite tips and settings, as I'm sure some of you have a few that I haven't thought of.

Enjoy!

Fujifilmtipscover2.jpg

5 people like this

Dan, thank you for the information. I myself am not much into ebooks, but those who do may find it useful.

Useful for those new to the X system but the tip re 'T' setting is vg for everyone.   I won't blow it for him by telling but you have to register your email with him and receive his newsletters to get it.

@Christopher

This ebook would be a useful starting point for people new to or thinking about getting into the Fuji system. Is there a way of collecting and flagging posts like this that would be easily found by newcomers to the forum?

1 person likes this

Thanks @MarcoDebiasi. Don't think of it like an eBook, think of it as a PDF manual. :)

@Custy T Mode is one of the more useful features on the X Series cameras, although it's not always clear to people what it does.

@mikescri Thanks for putting this idea forward, I'd love it if the guide were easily available to newcomers. I'm glad you think it's worth of flagging. :)

Thanks for that Dan. I am very new to the Fuji X system so it will be useful for me. I've subscribed and downloaded the book which is in PDF format.

Sorry for the delay in replying but I spend a lot of my time on the Fujilove page on Facebook..

I like to shoot street photography and people anywhere but preferably unrehearsed as I like to capture the "rawness" of life. Its a pity that photographing children is an issue today as they are the most spontaneous of all.

I am also into colours / shapes / patterns and anything that is about history and Nature, as in sky and sea and living things - preferably colourful ones that are also slow moving (so anything that likes to bask in the sun essentially)!

Most recently I shot scale models (aircraft and tanks) at an exhibition. I wanted to exclude the background by using wide apertures but that ended up badly as I overlooked depth of field completely.. and made the #1 sin of not checking there and then to see what I was getting.

Oh well..

Thanks for that Dan. I have the X-T2  system so it will be useful for me.

at 66yrs young I'm always learning

I've subscribed and downloaded the book which is in PDF format.

Tom G/Big T

1 person likes this

@Big T Thanks Tom, I hope you enjoy the guide. And I'm 49 yrs young and I'm still learning too. :)

1 person likes this