Ervins Rungis

X-T2 Dreamy Video

8 posts in this topic

Hello! This will be my first post, found this forum via google - so i tought, i will ask a question for you guys.

I've got X-T2 for testing as production camera, for streaming live video (so working with video mode) - everything is cool - 1080p @ 59.94fps outputing to HDMI.

My problem is that picture i am getting is little bit dreamy, people feels plastic there, it has nice color contrast, better than Cannon C300, but can't get rid of that "dream effect"...

ab.png

This picture is kind of small, but you get the idea.

In Menu, tried to turn on Noise Reduction, but it is disabled / grayed out...

Current settings:

• Highlight Tone: 0
  • Color: +1
  • Sharpness: +4
  • Bracketing: -0.25
  • SS 125
  • ISO 1600-2000

Should i wait for FW update? Any tips?

Thanks.

Very hard to see what you mean in small pictures.

Fuji cameras, even the latest, aren't great for video and it doesn't interest me so I don't really know the ins and outs of it but - can you apply film simulations in video to help solve your problem perhaps? I would have thought the ISO is much higher than optimum too and if you lower that you could probably also lower the sharpness setting. All guesswork from me though I'm afraid.

1 person likes this

Just now, veejaycee said:

Very hard to see what you mean in small pictures.

Fuji cameras, even the latest, aren't great for video and it doesn't interest me so I don't really know the ins and outs of it but - can you apply film simulations in video to help solve your problem perhaps? I would have thought the ISO is much higher than optimum too and if you lower that you could probably also lower the sharpness setting. All guesswork from me though I'm afraid.

Thanks for reply!

Yes, im not allowed to post fuller pictures, but you can see that the face on right is more plastic. Will try to lover it more.

Any more ideas?

Will the firmware allow you to lower the noise reduction setting like you can the color and sharpness?

You might want to play with your shadow and highlight tones, the face from the X-T2 video just looks like it has a very linear contrast curve on it which is flattening the skin. The film simulation may also be effecting this.

On 9/13/2016 at 3:25 PM, Ervins Rungis said:

Hello! This will be my first post, found this forum via google - so i tought, i will ask a question for you guys.

I've got X-T2 for testing as production camera, for streaming live video (so working with video mode) - everything is cool - 1080p @ 59.94fps outputing to HDMI.

My problem is that picture i am getting is little bit dreamy, people feels plastic there, it has nice color contrast, better than Cannon C300, but can't get rid of that "dream effect"...

ab.png

In Menu, tried to turn on Noise Reduction, but it is disabled / grayed out...

Current settings:

• Highlight Tone: 0
  • Color: +1
  • Sharpness: +4
  • Bracketing: -0.25
  • SS 125
  • ISO 1600-2000

Should i wait for FW update? Any tips?

Thanks.

What is this? A picture for ants? 

1 person likes this

On 9/13/2016 at 6:25 PM, Ervins Rungis said:

No, actually.