Hello! This will be my first post, found this forum via google - so i tought, i will ask a question for you guys.

I've got X-T2 for testing as production camera, for streaming live video (so working with video mode) - everything is cool - 1080p @ 59.94fps outputing to HDMI.

My problem is that picture i am getting is little bit dreamy, people feels plastic there, it has nice color contrast, better than Cannon C300, but can't get rid of that "dream effect"...

ab.png

This picture is kind of small, but you get the idea.

In Menu, tried to turn on Noise Reduction, but it is disabled / grayed out...

Current settings:

• Highlight Tone: 0
  • Color: +1
  • Sharpness: +4
  • Bracketing: -0.25
  • SS 125
  • ISO 1600-2000

Should i wait for FW update? Any tips?

Thanks.

Very hard to see what you mean in small pictures.

Fuji cameras, even the latest, aren't great for video and it doesn't interest me so I don't really know the ins and outs of it but - can you apply film simulations in video to help solve your problem perhaps? I would have thought the ISO is much higher than optimum too and if you lower that you could probably also lower the sharpness setting. All guesswork from me though I'm afraid.

• Like 1

Just now, veejaycee said:

Very hard to see what you mean in small pictures.

Fuji cameras, even the latest, aren't great for video and it doesn't interest me so I don't really know the ins and outs of it but - can you apply film simulations in video to help solve your problem perhaps? I would have thought the ISO is much higher than optimum too and if you lower that you could probably also lower the sharpness setting. All guesswork from me though I'm afraid.

Thanks for reply!

Yes, im not allowed to post fuller pictures, but you can see that the face on right is more plastic. Will try to lover it more.

Any more ideas?

You might want to play with your shadow and highlight tones, the face from the X-T2 video just looks like it has a very linear contrast curve on it which is flattening the skin. The film simulation may also be effecting this.

On 9/13/2016 at 3:25 PM, Ervins Rungis said:

Hello! This will be my first post, found this forum via google - so i tought, i will ask a question for you guys.

I've got X-T2 for testing as production camera, for streaming live video (so working with video mode) - everything is cool - 1080p @ 59.94fps outputing to HDMI.

My problem is that picture i am getting is little bit dreamy, people feels plastic there, it has nice color contrast, better than Cannon C300, but can't get rid of that "dream effect"...

ab.png

This picture is kind of small, but you get the idea.

In Menu, tried to turn on Noise Reduction, but it is disabled / grayed out...

Current settings:

• Highlight Tone: 0
  • Color: +1
  • Sharpness: +4
  • Bracketing: -0.25
  • SS 125
  • ISO 1600-2000

Should i wait for FW update? Any tips?

Thanks.

What is this? A picture for ants? 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By robthebruce

Recently I purchased the X-T2. For about a year I wondered about purchasing the X100F. Eventually I felt it was a head verses heart decision: my head said buy the T2; my heart said buy the X100F. I have very fond memories of my first Fujifilm camera - the innovative, quirky and frustrating x100.
      The X100 was so simple - yet offered so much in the one camera. With a few software updates it was really practical. But . . . it didn't offer the ability to change the lens. I missed the telephoto and a super wide angle which I had enjoyed using a film camera. Due to the limitations of the x100, I then bought the X-E1 with the 18-55 lens. It was going cheap because the X-E2 was coming onto the market and it provided a small body with a similar rangefinder viewer. All good. I quickly bought the 14 mm and it didn't disappoint me. After about a year, I gave the x100 to my daughter who lived interstate. She was very happy to receive it. It looked 'cool'. Her friends were envious, especially the art student men she rubbed shoulders with at uni. And it was used extensively to record her art development for her assignments.
      Toward the end of her undergraduate university degree, she took it to Indonesia several times.  The most recent trip was for whole of 2017 to the outback of West Timor. The environment was rough roads, village living and no reliable electricity. She took great photos of the locals, the giant Komodo dragons and the landscape. It is still working fine. There is even, perhaps to the surprise of many on this forum, no dust in the viewfinder. The picture of the X100 above was taken yesterday before it disappeared into her bag again and went off to a week at the beach house of her boyfriend's family.
      The decision had to be made. My heart said, "Go the X100F". 
      But the X-T2 beckoned. Common sense said, "Look, you have five great lenses: you need a body to use them on." True. 
      I needed a better viewfinder than what the X-E1 offered, especially on a bright day, with a quicker refresh rate. I am a left eye shooter, and I was getting tired of the squint from my left eye and the mess left on the screen from my nose. The T2 solved all these problems. Its viewfinder is fabulous. 
      I needed a better sensor and I wanted the Across and Chrome etc simulations which the X-E1 lacked. The T2 had them.
      However, the new camera had to be bigger than the X-T20, especially when the 2.2 pound/1 kg, 50-140 f2.8 zoom was attached, or even the 23mm f1.4. The T2 solved this balance and handling issue too. 
      But I still miss the simplicity, the freedom that limitation ensures when you work with a X100. 
      Every camera is designed with a particular need in mind which it will service. The T2 is, as one reviewer put it, ". . . like a Swiss Army knife or a 'jack-of-all-trades' camera." It certainly is. 
      I know I must read the manual or buy Rico Pfirstinger's book of tips on how to use it. But I still miss the X100 series, the romance of just having that camera available to snap away or stop and frame a serious picture, knowing it is equipped to perform and will get it,
      I am going on a trip overseas for about 5 - 6 weeks in three months time which will require me to keep everything light and simple. There will be plenty of walking around old European cities, galleries and so on. It might then be the time to buy a used X100F to take with me. 

• By JMA
      I normally shoot RAW+JPG and use the backup functionality of X-Pro2/X-T2 to have some peace of mind when traveling or shooting weddings. I currently have 4x32GB backed up to a 128GB card per camera, but card management had became an issue.
      I was thinking in switching to a 128GB backed to another 128GB per camera, since its already backing up, I do not see a problem.... but what do you think? would I risk too much with this?
      Thanks
    • By robthebruce
      Still learning how the combination of the new T2 + 50-140 zoom work in together. Daughter was obliging and acted as my model.