DSCF1346.jpgDSCF1349-mono.jpgDSCF1430-mono.jpg

A very few images out of many thousand from Old Delhi using my Fuji system in this case an X-Pro ! and 18-55; in my opinion probably the best place in the world for street photography apart from Calcutta (Kolkata)

Edited by peterjones
rubbish spelling.
  • Like 4

artuk   

I really like the first one - very lucky to get the light falling on the figures to highlight them.

The last one is also nice, although I feel his head is a little close to the top of the frame and a bit loose at the bottom (I find the bag in the foreground keeps pulling my attention away from the subject).

• Like 3

Sorry for the long layoff; I have about 9,000 images聽from my trip to NE India but will sort some out, in the meantime this is a young Buddhist Monk looking as cold as I felt; it was about 6am and freezing cold at Tawang monastery; Tawang is 10,000 feet high.

_DSF2284-copy.jpg

• Like 4

Just in case anyone is viewing this without clicking the image - it really is way better at the larger size.

To be ultra picky, there is a small area top right of center and top left corner of frame which could use some burning-in - like I said, ultra picky. In fact I love your processing of the picture (and the previous) which makes the textures of the dark cloak as well as the face itself stand out crisply from the background in an almost 3D way even though the background is also dark.

More please! Also basic exif?

• Like 1

Vindaloo   

Great shots Peter, love them! We were in Delhi in March and as you say, great place for street photography.聽

I've not got my Fuji cameras yet so I'm not particularly au fait with the terms and phrases the Fuji community use so apologies if this isn't right, but are these shot using the 'film simulation' programme thingy in camera!!?聽

The tones are amazing.聽

Cheers

Mark聽

• Like 1

Hello Mark :-) I shoot entirely in RAW format and Black and White conversion is carried out in L/R or P/S or should I say CC? Good luck with your choice of Fuji cameras; the Fuji lenses are of stunning quality in terms of image quality and detail capture.

Regards, Peter.

In the UK we dare not take pictures of children as rightly or wrongly we seem to be in many ways a paranoid society however in most countries abroad there is no such paranoia; some people are proud for you to photograph their children, these two taken on Majuli聽island within the massive Brahmaputra river, Assam, NE India.

majuli-children-for-aps..jpg

• Like 5

Peter, 聽these are really good pictures and particularly the last two, in my opinion. This聽portrait of the two children really stands out. Their eyes simply speak. I hope you will be somehow able to send a picture back to their parents. I am sure they will cherish it very, very much!

I hope you will post more soon.

• Like 1

At the end of the day there was a queue of ladies weighing in their tea pickings; they get paid what we used to call "piece work" in the UK i.e. according to the weight of tea clippings they had picked; we did find out that they are treated well by the tea plantations i.e. housed, fed, educated and had access to medical treatment 聽but I suspect paid little more than pocket money; just a couple of expressions ....

DSCF5136.jpg

DSCF5119.jpg

• Like 1

@peterjones聽Nice! I like this collection. India might be the most awesome place in the world to do street photography. I really like the portrait of the two girls and the striking side profile of the woman just above- that one has such amazing tonality and moment.聽

• Like 1

IMO India is probably one of the finest countries聽in the world for street photography, places like Old Delhi and Calcutta (Kolkata) and hosts of other towns and cities for me knock the spots off for example Cuba a popular destination for photographers; India I think is a very under-photographed land possibly because many people fear India due to poverty, health and other issues however our not going there doesn't help India; generally the people are very welcoming and provided you take precautions like not touching let alone drinking the local water amongst other considerations you will be fine; personally I can't wait to return.

My companion at the time was terrified of India as she had read so much adversity but within 48 hours she had totally fallen in love with the country and her fears were groundless .

Don't even start me on the potential nature and landscape photography within India!

Some tribes in NE India try to protect their children from evil by marking their faces with large black spots of a tarry substance to make them look far less appealing to malevolence.

DSCF5844.jpg

Edited by peterjones
rubbish spelling and grammar.

Having now sampled Cuba for myself including Havana, Trinidad, Cienfuegos and Viales it is a stunning country for street and documentary photography even though I follow in the trail of many photographs however it is IMO still bested by India.