Scottnthewoods

Macro setting and Firmware upgrade 4.01

4 posts in this topic

So I just updated my X-E2's firmware to 4.01.  What has happened to my Macro button?  I see that it is now an assignable function button, but there is now no way I see to turn on macro focusing.

Am I missing something?

13 hours ago, Scottnthewoods said:

So I just updated my X-E2's firmware to 4.01.  What has happened to my Macro button?  I see that it is now an assignable function button, but there is now no way I see to turn on macro focusing.

Am I missing something?

Click on this link.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Gallery Photograph

• Latest Forum Posts

• Similar Content

• By Christopher
      Fujifilm has released the first and long awaited firmware update for the new X-T2 camera!
      The update can be found on Fujifilm's website: http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/x/xt2/index.html
      Detail of the update
      The firmware update Ver.1.10 from Ver.1.00 incorporates the following issues:
      1.Tether shooting is available by USB connection. 
      One of the application software below is required to use the tether shooting function.
      ・Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® Ver.1.3 or newer *1 
      ・Tether Shooting Plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® Ver.1.3 or newer *2
      ・Tethered Shooting Software HS-V5 Ver.1.3 or newer *3

[How to set the PC shooting] 
      Before connecting your camera to a computer, set the PC SHOOT MODE of the CONNECTION SETTING in the SET UP menu to USB AUTO. *If the USB AUTO is selected, the camera mode will automatically change to tether shooting mode when the camera is connected to a computer via a USB cable.  
      *If the USB FIXED is selected, the camera always work as tether shooting mode. Therefore, the camera doesn't work as normal shooting mode when the USB cable is not connected.

*1: "FUJIFILM Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO" will be available from Adobe Add-ons website.
      The launch of the Mac version is scheduled for release around the end of November 2016, and the Windows version is scheduled for release around the beginning of December 2016.
          *Separately, you need to purchase Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® 6 / CC. 
      *2:"FUJIFILM Tether Shooting Plug-in" is available from Adobe Add-ons website. X-T2 will be supported with Ver.1.3 upgrade. For Mac For Windows      *Separately, you need to purchase Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® 6 / CC.
      *3: You need to purchase the HS-V5 and download the latest version from the site below to upgrade it. Tethered Shooting Software HS-V5 for Windows® Updater     *Tether shooting function of X-T2 will be supported with HS-V5 Ver.1.3 or later. 
          *Tethered Capture Plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® Ver.1.3, which will enable the tether shooting function of
           X-T2, will be available for free download to those customers who purchased HS-V5. Tethered Capture Plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® Ver.1.3 2.Lock function during shooting mode is added. The update will let users prevent from the unexpected dial/button operation.

[How to set] 
      First, select the function you wish to lock in BUTTON/DIAL SETTING>LOCK>FUNCTION SELECTION" in the Setup Menu. 
      And then, select the function in BUTTON/DIAL SETTING>LOCK>LOCK SETTING>SELECTED FUNCTION" in the Setup Menu. 

*Select "ALL FUNCTION" to lock all the buttons and dials. This lock function can be allocated to a function button. 3.The shutter speed will be displayed in a preview image with the setting of SHUTTER AE OFF, ISO AUTO and Aperture-Priority.  4.The phenomenon is fixed that overexposure could happen with the setting of AF-C mode, AF-C PRIORITY SELECTION and FACE DETECTION ON.  5.The phenomenon is fixed that AF function doesn't work well in the tele-photo area with XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR.  6.The phenomenon is fixed that hung-up could happen when carrying out SELECT FROM NETWORK LIST of MANUAL SETUP in PC AUTO SAVE SETTING. 7.The phenomena is fixed that CH HIGH SPEED BURST (continuous high speed) doesn't work well with fixed exposure and fixed amount of flash luminescence (TTL-L or flash M mode) while used with FUJIFILM Shoe Mount Flash (excluding EF-X8) 8.The phenomenon is fixed that Flash i40 made by Nissin for FUJIFILM doesn't fire. I'll be updating mine shortly. I'm hoping it will address the freezing issues some people have been experiencing. Anyone else had a lockup that required battery removal to reset? Just one lockup for me so far, fortunately not shooting anything important. I couldn't find any sort of repeatable action that might have caused it.
    • By Christopher
      Today Fujifilm announced upcoming support for Microsoft Windows 10 with firmware updates coming to all Fujifilm X Series cameras, including the original X Series camera, the Finepix X100. These firmware updates will be released through the end of 2015, starting with the X-T10 firmware update released today. The X-T1 firmware version 4.0 released a few weeks ago already incorporated Windows 10 compatibility and will not need a further update.
      As reported by our users, photos cannot be imported to a Windows 10 PC from an X Series camera when it is connected via a USB cable. This issue does not effect the transfer of photos when using an SD card reader directly.
      Firmware Update Release Schedule
      August 11, 2015
      X-T10 (Version 1.01) August 27, 2015
      X-E2 (Version 3.01) X-Pro1 (Version 3.41) X100T (Version 1.11) X100S (Version 1.21) X30 (Version 1.02) X20 (Version 1.03) XQ2 (Version 1.01) By the end of September 2015
      X-A2 By the end of December 2015
      X-E1 X-M1 X-A1 X100 X10 XQ1 XF1 X-S1 Fujifilm News Release
    • By Christopher
      Fujifilm has released its first firmware update for the new X-T10. This update improves compatibility with the new  90mm f/2 lens, changes the behavior of the Fn1 button near the exposure compensation dial, improves a JPG rendering bug, and adds support for connecting the camera to a  Windows 10 computer. Download at Fujifilm.com.
      Here's a detailed overview of the updates in version 1.01:
      1.Improvement of "EYE DETECTION AF" speed when used with XF90mmF2 R LM WR"EYE DETECTION AF" speed is improved when used with XF90mmF2 R LM WR in case that "FACE DETECTION" and "EYE DETECTION AF" are ON in "AUTO FOCUS SETTING" of the Shooting Menu. 2.Operational improvement of Fn1 Function button (Default setting : movie shooting) The shortcut function to Fn1 BUTTON SETTING by pressing the button more than 2 sec. is removed. To avoid accidentally pressing the button when turning the Exposure compensation dial, pressing the button approx. 0.5sec. is required to start the function allocated to the button. This improvement is to avoid unexpected appearance of the SETTING when Fn1 function is needed.

<Note-1>
      Functions of Fn2 through Fn7 button remain same. 
      <Note-2>
      Steps to change the setting of Fn1 are same as usual like below. 
      ・Change it in the function(Fn) setting menu appeared by pressing DISP/BACK button for a while. 
      ・Change it through Setup Menu>BUTTON/DIAL SETTING>FUNCTION (Fn) SETTING. 3.Angle difference between jpeg image and jpeg image converted from RAW fileCurrently, there is angle difference between jpeg image (including jpeg images converted in a camera) and jpeg image converted from RAW file by RAW FILE CONVERTER EX2.0 etc. The jpeg image angle converted from RAW file is a little bigger. 
      With this upgrade, the jpeg image angle is matched to one which is converted from RAW file. This symptom happens only when lenses below is used. In case of zoom lenses, this happen in wide-angle side.

XC16-50mmF3.5-5.6 OIS, XC16-50mmF3.5-5.6 OIS Ⅱ, XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS, 
      XF10-24mmF4 R OIS, XF16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR, XF18-135mmF3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR, 
      XF18mmF2 R and XF27mmF2.8 4.Support for Windows10The phenomenon is fixed that images in a camera cannot be transferred to a Windows10 PC via a USB cable. Fujifilm has also announced that firmware updates will be coming to all Fujifilm X Series cameras by the end of the year to add Windows 10 compatibility. http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n150811.html
  • Language Translation