I recently had my camera cleaned.  Now the flash doesn't work at a photo expo event, so I can't return to the store for redress.  I've set the camera on mechanical shutter.  Any other suggestions?

6 hours ago, Christopher said:

Have you checked whether the camera is set to 'silent mode'? This will disable the flash.

Yes, the Setup Menu -> Sound and Flash Off  is OFF.  I assume that's what you mean by silent mode.

XT10 res.jpgIt may help to do a reset to factory defaults - either in the menus or a 2 button press. Take note of your custom settings before though. Here's page 137 from the XT10 manual problem solving pages.

XT10 Flash.jpg

Fuji x-t10.  I have it set on S shooting.  Is there somewhere in the function menus where this is set, as well?

I thought it might come to a reset.  I've looked at the page you show above and checked all those settings.  Thanks.

if you think of something else, let me know.

• 5 months later...
Starving Rtist

I just had the same problem solved, the flash doesn't work when "Electronic Shutter Only" is selected. You must be in either Mechanical Shutter or Mechanical + Electronic Shutter mode in order for flash to work. Hope that solves your problem.