TonyObfenda

X100T - Canon 600EX II-RT - Pocketwizard - off-camera flash

TonyObfenda

Is it possible or advisable to use the x100T with the Canon 600EX II-RT and pocketwizard products?

If not, what are the popular or suggested alternatives?

Christopher

Welcome to the community @TonyObfenda!

Canon flashes and pocket wizards will work perfectly with the X100T (and all earlier X100 models), but you will only be able to use the flashes with manual power settings, automatic features like TTL will not work.

Do you already own those products, or are you looking to buy new equipment?

ChrisPoole

If you want TTL, Roboshoot triggers from Serene Automation work with Fujifilm cameras and Nikon speedlights. I think they will operate Canon flashes too but their website has lots of info.

• Like 1

TonyObfenda

Hello!!

I have a Canon 600EX II-RT speedlite that i use with a 7D.

I was looking to get one of the pocket wizards to use with it.

And since I also use the X100T I was looking to see if if that combo 600/PW would work with it

Thanks!!

Christopher

I have heard of some compatibility issues between Canon flashes with the latest generation of cameras (X-Pro2, X-T2), but not with the X100T, so I don't want to promise that it will work, but I am almost sure that it will. The newest X Series cameras seem to have changed the pins used on the hotshoe, and one may now conflict with Canon compatible triggers, but I've read that Nikon compatible triggers can get around this issue because they use different pins that don't conflict.

Personally I use Yongnuo 603C II triggers for all my off camera lighting (used with X100T, X-T2, X-T1), they're only around $30 for a pair and they can both transmit or receive. Since you can only fire the 600EX II-RT flash manually on the X100T, these manual flash triggers are a great solution that will cost far less than Pocket Wizards while accomplishing the same goal.

• Like 1